Frankie
Frankie asked:

Is this book appropriate for a 12 year old?

To answer questions about One Kick, please sign up.
BookArtBookmarks By Margaux NO! It is about a serial child kidnapper and molester. It is about child pornography and her being the victim. Although there is not many details it is still disturbing for the faint of heart or the young.
Deanna (A Novel Glimpse) I agree with the absolutely not, R-rated. Adults only. I wouldn't even suggest to the high school age.
Mila No way. Has dark themes that sometimes difficult to hand for an adult. Book was awesome tho (for an adult)
Ross Absolutely not. I'd call it R-rated for the themes, and even some of the content.
Jennifer This book is disturbing and handles dark themes. It is well written and I am glad I read it, but it is not the kind of book you enjoy. As such I definitely wouldn't want a minor to read this book. I don't think certain themes should be hidden from children, but I do think there are other books based around this sensitive and upsetting topic that are better at handling it and introducing it in a way that isn't quite as twisted. As I said, parts are very disturbing even to adults.
Douglas Lord In my opinion the content is too dark, the characters deal with themselves and their situations in a completely unrealistic fashion, even for fiction. There are many other, better choices.
Sam Excellent book but not approriate for a minor.
Petr No as it's main theme is fight against sexual crimes commited on children and it contains very dark and disturbing scenes.
Image for One Kick
by Chelsea Cain (Goodreads Author)