Ed Ireland
Ed Ireland asked Lorraine Loveit:

What quality makes a character your most loved character?

Lorraine Loveit Thanks for your question - an interesting one.

I have been told, emphatically, by many reviews, that everyone hates my current story’s main male character. And, even though my lead female is more likeable, readers don’t like her much either, simply because she is with him.

Being the author and creator of this character, I have a different view. As this story is told from the female’s viewpoint, they don’t know, yet, why he acts like he does. I am only halfway through the series, so hopefully once more background is revealed about this hated character, readers may be more understanding.

So, to answer your question, I would have to say the character needs depth, ie there is more to this character than what the reader initially see. Then, as the story progresses, they begin to understand the character more. By the way, I love both my main characters in my current series, because I know what they’re thinking and feeling in the future books.

Regard, Lorraine