Vaelin
Vaelin asked:

Hi, Im interested in trying a book from this series but the first 2 don't interest me at all....is it critical to read them in order?? What is a decent book in the series? Im a big fan of Cussler and Rollins so keen to try Goleman out Cheers

To answer questions about Carpathian, please sign up.
Harvey Have read Legacy & Carpathian. Had no difficulty understanding characters and plot although Legacy explains some character background whereas Carpathian alluded to it. Carpathian is not about werewolves and especially not about vampires which is just casually mentioned. This is a thriller not a horror story. Carpathian is not a Dracula spinoff. Books are decent entertainment although Carpathian way too long with too much detail and to many plot twists.

Carpathian has an unbelievable number of grammatical errors (i.e. does for goes, often leaving “to” & “be”, etc.) that necessitated rereading many sentences for they didn’t make sense. Often mixed “he” when referring to a female character or “she” when referring to a male character.
Erin If the first two didn't do it for you, don't bother with the rest. They go downhill after number 4 anyway. By 7 and 8 it's just cheap horror jump scare junk and a bloated cast that he's begun killing off. I quit in the beginning of 8 (Carpathian) when it became clear that this was going to be a werewolves and vampires schtick type book. I may go ahead and skip 8 for 9 and try to tie up the story began in the first book, but I'm not sure I care enough to do that.
Travis Aslakson I love this series and I too am a Cussler fan, particularly the The Fargo's. As far as reading them in order yes. In my case I read book 3 by accident and then was like wait WTH that can't end this way. The 1st, 6th, and 9th book all go hand in hand on the same subject matter or "Event".

Reading from the beginning also builds your character development which i enjoyed a lot.

I just finished Carpathian no more than 5 minutes ago and I think I like this one the most by far. The one problem I had with it is, it was not spell checked very well. I would say I came across at least 20 typo's or sentences that didn't turn out correct. Like for example " Anya was doing this and he then did that. Well Anya is a girl not a guy. Or Charlie was doing this then Ellenshaw came up behind him. Well Charlies is Charlie ellenshaw.
Image for Carpathian