Natelly
Natelly asked:

at the start of the book, before the first chapter, there's this page that started with "he'd stopped trying to bring her back." I don't understand what it means, can someone please explain it to me?

To answer questions about Eleanor & Park, please sign up.
Ria Olivar It is connected with chapter 57 in which Park already decides to stop sending Eleanor letters since he never received a.. reply back. If you read chapter 57, Park is in a turmoil... that he is giving her up but finds it hard to do so... Good thing the following chapter, he received a postcard from Eleanor which made him happy... Rainbow Rowell already confirmed in an interview that those words are happy and hopeful...
Venus It's just an introduction. I'm pretty sure the entire section of that is repeated near the end, and by then you get more context and actually understand.
Image for Eleanor & Park
by Rainbow Rowell (Goodreads Author)