Ghostface
Ghostface asked:

My mom wanted me to read this because it had an award. I do some research, turns out it's number 4 on boring books.

To answer questions about Island of the Blue Dolphins, please sign up.
๓คץค- Omg dude, this book is the complete opposite of boring! Its packed with very realistic adventure and its definitely a book you should read. Give it a try. :)
Ghostface I actually did read it and found it was an amazing book! Very exciting! I don't know why this is even in this list.
Raiann Don't worry, it's not boring. Just try it, you might like it.
Arya It may be on the list, but you can't waste your time on this. Just give it a try and you'll see. Never judge a book by its cover. For example, I saw Twilight and thought it's a good book. It was the biggest mistake I ever made, even though it was sparkling. No worry, these people said the book's good, they did not made a mistake. I can read it again and again, although I'll get bored at the 56th try! It's my kind of book. Can be your kind of book. Everyones. ;)
Paula I loved this book as a kid. I must have checked it out from the school library over a dozen times over the years.
Shaye This book is VERY sad. It was written very well but I was depressed when I finished. I read it with my son for his summer reading in the 6th grade. It wasn't boring but how exciting can it be and the girl is the only character. I can understand how it was on the boring list. This book is 'Cast Away' for kids.
Nisha Wow dude, if you're gonna go by some random list without even giving the book a try, you're missing out. It's a wonderful book to read in passing. If you still don't like it, then, well *shrugs* we all have our own opinions. But still, I think you should give it a try.
Charlene It may be on the list of boring books but it is not boring, its quite entertaining and you night actually like the book. Give the book a chance if you don't like it after a few chapters stop reading.
Cindy Wow!..this was my favourite childhood book..i have read it countless times even as an adult. There is also a sequel but i can't remember the name of it :/
Melissa Underwood This book is AWESOME I read it in class for an assignment and now it's one of my favorite books!!!!
Gacha Wolf Ummmm RuDe much... I read this book when I was 6 and it was amazing
OhNoImSoScared2 It is a very interesting book it gets better as it goes on
Cassandra Boring? It's a Newberry Award winner. Don't know who called it boring, but boring books rarely win Newberry Awards.
Karen Wait, there is actually a list of boring books? Is it just someone's personal list, or supposed to be somehow definitive? Because I don't see how it could be anything other than personal.
Adeline I thought this book was boring, but you might love it! I would give it a try.
Jo I thought it would be boring too, but if it was I wouldn't have finished it. You should definitely give it a try.
Dj Is this a book for an 8 year old girl?
Captherine ✪ Reading something just because it has an award is silly, and so's not reading it just because it's on some questionable list. I adore this book. Give it a try.
Chantelle I read this book once and I've always wanted to read it again, but I forgot the title. I cant tell you how happy I was when i found it- it was such a good book! I agree with all of the answers below. I don't know, I'D recommend it. Where did you find this list...?
Image for Island of the Blue Dolphins