Jeffrey Marshall

Do you find yourself overwhelmed at times by the detail in this book? I'm a former financial writer and editor and am familiar with the broad outlines of what he's writing about, but the accumulation of detail is a little too much. Should this have been less of a week-by-week memoir and more of a think piece?

Sherlyn Yes, I mostly certainly agree with you. There are also too many characters, which I absolutely cannot keep track of. It is also very technical, although, he did provide explanations for some. Unfortunately, I do not think this is a book an average man on the street would appreciate.
Tuan Muhd To a person hungry for details and the build up to the d-day, this book is fantastic. I cannot stop reading and amass a great deal of information the author shared throughout the narrative. At times, I felt I am there watching the crisis.
C The details make the book great, especially regarding what to do, what not to do, why and why not. If you want a think piece, a theoretical discussion where people can argue endlessly, read something else. If you want to know what actually worked in the real world, how you can protect yourself in the next financial crisis and possibly prosper in spite of it, read this book.
Image for Stress Test