Emma B
Emma B asked:

I'm not a usual fantasy reader, but this sounds interesting. Has anyone out there read this?

To answer questions about Sister Mine, please sign up.
Kasey I am currently reading this via audiobook. The author has a wonderful feel for description of all kinds. The characters are rich and well flushed out. The dialogue and dialect of each character alone tells you so much about their backstory. Ms. Hopkinson describes Toronto in such lush detail that it makes the reader crave the place. And for all the description, the action of the narrative is still well paced and intriguing. Makeda has a strong voice and you feel like you are traveling along beside her, navigating the world and demigod family dynamics all the way. I can't wait to finish, and I'll regret it when I do.
Miss Lynx Canadensis Yes - and loved it! I don't think you have to be a habitual fantasy reader to enjoy a book like this... Go for it!
Image for Sister Mine