Anne-marie 3
Anne-marie 3 asked:

I didn't get "into" the book as much I thought I would, did anyone feel that way as well?

To answer questions about On the Fence, please sign up.
Abi I agree that it wan't super eventful until the end. However I don't agree with what some people were saying about the tomboy-turns-pretty thing. Yes, you don't have to wear makeup or wear dresses to be pretty. And I'm sure Charlie looked fine before. But if she really didn't like it, she would have stopped. Basically, the MC tried some new things and liked them, while still keeping a lot of her original - so-called tomboy - aspects. Like liking sports and playing them.
Kaleah Yes I did. The characters felt fake and the story was for the most part uneventful until you get to the end. I found it kind of boring.
Maggie I feel the same way. It only started to get interesting 80% in and I didn't like Charlie or Braden that much so I wasn't invested in them or their relationship very much.
Jinan H She didn't actually "become girly". She still played with them and she still wore what she wanted at home and she didn't put makeup all the time. She just discovered that she liked to wear pretty clothes and to wear make-up on occasion. I don't see how that's fake or shitty.
Schlydine I didn't get ''into'' it because I thought it was stupid, cheesy, and fake. I agree with Hanna on the a-tomboy-has-to-be-girly crap, and how can you know someone for 12 yrs and THEN find out you madly love them.
Molly I actually really got "into" this book. The plot is simple yet intriguing and it is so sweet. I read it over and over again all the time as a fun read and I am always lost in it when I read it. I am not someone who loves cheesy romances but I really loved this one.
Image for On the Fence
by Kasie West (Goodreads Author)