Lrs68 Shaw
Lrs68 Shaw asked:

so which of these vivid characters did you like the best?

To answer questions about The Shoemaker's Wife, please sign up.
Ceevee I liked Ciro because he was a well-developed character with human frailties and strengths. He was tormented by his mother's/father's abandonment, yet did not cave-in. He thrived. He made the best of every situation. He struggled with religion but admitted it. He persevered in the presence of of difficulty. I admire his energy and ambition, as well as his love of family.
Julie R It's hard to pick because I liked the separate relationships between the different characters in this book. Enza, as a young girl, held the family together. Ciro and Eduardo only really had each other but I enjoyed Ciro's relationship with the nuns. The only character that I REALLY didn't like was that priest. I also loved the parts where Enza was working with her friend (can't remember her name) at the opera and their entire friendship. Wow, you asked a simple question and I obviously can't give an easy answer!
Marianne Perry The character that intrigued me the most was Caterina, the mother of Ciro and Eduardo. I would have liked more detail as to why she'd abandoned her sons. I understood the death of her husband and her mental breakdown, etc but felt the ending when she was reunited with her adult sons was a missed opportunity. It seemed quite rushed and too simplistic in how the boys and mother reacted, responded and resolved their relationship.
Griselda Alvarez I can't pick one. They were all great except for the priest and the girl Ciro maintained a relationship with until he married.
Image for The Shoemaker's Wife
by Adriana Trigiani (Goodreads Author)