Hannah Rose
Hannah Rose asked Laurel Snyder:

Are you going to make a sequel to Orphan Island? I really liked it ,but it seemed a little unfinished. :-)

Laurel Snyder This seems to be the big question!

:)

I'm working on a companion, that may or may not be published. It's not a sequel, but an origin story, a d prequel. Abbie's tale. The beginnings of the island, and if I can pull it off, it will explain a lot of things.

There are two reasons I'm not writing a sequel. One is logistical, and that's simply that Jinny isn't a kid anymore, when she gets out of the boat. She's a young woman, in a sense, and so the sequel would be more YA and less middle grade.

The other, and more important reason, is this: I wanted the end of the book to be a question. I wanted you to think about it, and puzzle your own answers. I wanted to leave readers with that sense of longing that Jinny lives with. I understand that not everyone loves this, that some people want the answers. But different books do different things, and it was important to me that this one be a book people fought with a little, worked at, and pondered after they closed it. I hope that makes sense...