Goodreads asked Nicole Krizek:

Nicole Krizek Writer's block happens to everyone... and I do mean, everyone! Writing is a creative process, so for me, it's best to walk away for a while than try to force it. I go for a walk, have a meal, play a game, watch youtube, or sometimes I shut down my computer and come back to it the next day. All of these activities gives me time to jostle ideas around in my head, so the next time I sit down, the words flow.

Also, having someone to talk to about your plot, characters, and problems, with can really help. When I have major issues to work out for my books, I get a babysitter and take my husband out to dinner. We sit with a cocktail and have a long meal, while I usually take copious notes. Getting another's perspective on your story is always a good thing! I can choose to incorporate his ideas, or not, but it's always good to have more options!