Greg Garrett
Greg Garrett asked:

Where do your beliefs about life after death come from--stories from a faith tradition, stories you read and watch, or both?

Ashley My beliefs as of now come from...nowhere, I guess. I'm agnostic and am ambivalent about the whole thing. I say that, however, while finding it absurdly unlikely due to science. But hey, my dirt will nourish a living blade of grass some day, so maybe that counts somehow. I will feed life in that respect. I'm *somebody's* carbon.

I was raised in a religion so completely focused on this stuff that it fascinates me now from an academic perspective, yet more or less repulses me when I think about having to issue an official statement on my personal position. So, I'm taking the cop-out answer -- sorry!

(Although, for a pop culture add-in, blame "The Simpsons" for most of the jokes I make about this topic. I *do* think that not believing in an afterlife due to science and a general distaste for religion has a coolness factor attached to it for those of us in the 25-35 age group.)
Image for Entertaining Judgment
by Greg Garrett (Goodreads Author)