Dave Milbrandt
Dave Milbrandt asked Diana Pavlac Glyer:

As one of the foremost Inklings scholars, what the three most interesting things you learned about this dynamic group?

Diana Pavlac Glyer Everything about The Inklings is endlessly fascinating to me, so this is a dangerous question! I feel like I will spend the rest of my life writing books that answer it. Let me mention just one thing that has very practical implications. The Inklings met for about 17 years, and while their location (C. S. Lewis's rooms) and their purpose (critiquing work-in-progress) were very stable, the meetings themselves were relaxed and fluid. The topics they discussed, the number of people who showed up, the mood of the critiques: it was flexible and relational and full of grace. I expected to find that success in a writing group meant rules and structures. It turns out that the ability to adapt and go with the flow is critical to the health and longevity of a successful small group.