Mary E. Martin

Has any one else started to read [or finished] this?

To answer questions about Hard Choices, please sign up.
Jessica I read it as part of a book club, and so did the ten other people in the group. Long, but interesting all the way through if you're interested in diplomacy.
J. Walker I've gotten to page 39, but pick up Picketty instead - for (as Hermoine describes it) "some light reading'.
Holly Yes, I just finished Hard Choices as part of the book with more than 500 pages challenge.

I thoroughly love her writing style; especially since I previously picked up a book about her. That author's writing style was worse than the time I had a hole in my leg... (no exaggeration)

I found extraordinary value in the delineation by county or ethical topic.

I choose Hard Choices not for her hair cut or her interaction with her family. I choose to learn about the person and wise-woman and elderstate woman that she is separate from her family. I appreciated the fact she could manage loving her family at while excelling at her job. I deeply appreciate her family's commitment to her work.

Reading this tome took time. It was more than worth every minute.
If there were more than 5 stars This book would receive whatever designation was 110% Awesome translated into stars!
Jim I do not think that you are intended to read this book. I wonder why you are interested in the first place. What brought you to this title? If that and the career of the author does not compel you to want to read it, then don't even pick it up. It would be a struggle for you.
Elisa Ayer it is taken me a while but i really like it. she is amzing.
Jamie King I am amazed that there is no pirated material of this circulated online.

It's like what they say; anything of decent quality should be represented on that outlet.

It appears that 1) No one bought the book. 2) No one read the book. 3) No one circulated the book. 4) Nobody talked about this book.
Beverly I just finished Hard Choices. The book was about Hillary Clinton’s time as Secretary of State. At times, I found it difficult to follow due to the way it was constructed. The story was ordered according to geography rather than chronology. The facts were interesting but I found the book to be rather dry. I also found the book to be incredibly preachy and boastful. Hillary didn’t reveal much about herself or her family that we didn’t already know. Perhaps if she had that would have made the book more interesting. I’m not sure what I expected from this book but when I got to the end I felt disappointed.
Hina Tabassum Khatri I am about to start right now
Eric Started, but didn't finish. It is a very sterilized telling of things we pretty much all know - a few new nuggets, but painfully few.
Lisa I'm half through it. Parts are really interesting, while some of it is a tad dry. I'm on Syria chapter right now and it isn't all that gripping.
Lama I want to read it but I'm not quiet sure if I'll like all 600 pages of it.
Abhinav Athreya Hi Mary,
I actually read about 150 pages but couldn't get myself to finish. How are you liking it so far?
Image for Hard Choices