Abhinav Athreya

How big of a role do you think Mino played in making Zlatan a global superstar ?

To answer questions about I am Zlatan Ibrahimović, please sign up.
Ettore Pasquini I think the first transfer from Ajax to Juventus was huge. Those 2-3 years with the biggest club in Italy -- when Italy was still the top market at the club level -- really put him on the map. With Inter (also another one of Mino's exploits) he really exploded and lead the club to many triumphs, making the fans feel the glory of yore one more time. The transfer from Barcelona and AC Milan was also a tough one with hard to solve terms.

So yes, I think Mino (being cut-throat in a very Italian sort of way and yet honest somehow) had a huge part in consistently execute what Zlatan wanted, giving direction when needed. It's not easy, and some excellent players got lost because of bad management. E.g. Cassano, Kakà, even Balotelli could have done so much more if supported by the right people.
Akhlaq I think he helped Zlatan realise how to get the best out of his contracts. Mino seems a real character - no bolds barred and aggressive and they both make, in some crazy way, a good team. Their relationship is comical at times but passionate. So, I'd say he's helped Zlatan massively in maximising the Zlatan brand.
Karin Bojnert Hard to say. I think that if not for Mino his career might have taken longer to evolve the way it did but surely he would have been a big star anyway, it is after all Zlatans feet and brain and confidence who put him where he is. Minos biggest role is being on Zlatans side, and really being someone who understands him, maybe the first in his career who appriciates him with all his boldness.
Andreas Ernst great book. Can't wait to read it :)
Image for I am Zlatan Ibrahimović