Shane
Shane asked James D. Best:

What do you most enjoy about the writing process?

James D. Best I started writing when I was a consultant. One of my clients was difficult and the engagement stressful. I would come back to my hotel room and start writing fiction. Within minutes, I was fully relaxed and in a completely different world. Time flew, and before I knew it, I had to reluctantly quit writing to go eat dinner. (Actually, many times I took my laptop along and continued to write during my meal.)

Although I have little stress in my life today, I still enjoy wandering off to another place and time. This is a similar experience to reading fiction, but for me, the writing process is a more powerful escape.

I also enjoy editing. This is rare for most writers. I equate it to polishing the nooks and crannies of a restored vintage car. Car enthusiasts know that no one will ever look in some of the spots they where they spend money and elbow grease, but it makes them feel good to make their car as perfect as possible.