I never read this (or several other classic picture books) as a child. I'm sixteen now. Is it too late to enjoy them?

To answer questions about The Velveteen Rabbit, please sign up.
Els No way! I happen to be the same age, and still read it once a year. You can never be to old for a good story.
Jessica Certainly not! I still go through books I had a child and read them once in a while. And I'm over the age of 16.
Hannah Personally, I enjoy going back occasionally and reading the great kids' classics that I either missed or only dimly recall. Velveteen Rabbit is one of the books that stands well even from an adult viewpoint.

If nothing else, you canvince yourself that it's research into future parenthood or aunthood. As I have reread a lot of picture books as an adult, I have decided that the best ones can be enjoyed at any age.
Michelle I'm much older than 16 and just read it for the first time. I loved it. I don't think it's ever too late to enjoy stories like this.
Image for The Velveteen Rabbit