Goodreads asked Sarah Anne Johnson:

Sarah Anne Johnson Inspiration comes when you're in the chair, writing. I have a schedule that starts in the morning when I get out of bed. I have a cup of coffee and sit right down at the computer.

Still, a lot of the writing happens when I'm not at the computer - I ruminate on the characters and the images that are tugging at me in the novel…this tug pulls me back to the work each morning.

Reading also generates a lot of inspiration for me. I read constantly and consume many many books, all of which teach me how to accomplish something in my own work that I may be struggling with.

But at the end of the day, it all comes down to sitting in the chair and writing - that's when the inspiration comes!