Goodreads asked Gemini Rising Rockin' Machine, The:

Gemini Rising Rockin' Machine, The First don't put this huge pressure on yourself by over reaching your first story or poem. Think and connect with yourself and start by writing something short about what you are interested in or something that you know about. Then read it and maybe do some editing, then with a calm mind think a little deeper and come up with two or three more short ideas. When you are finished you should be able to start noticing your style. Now reach in a little deeper and pick something that is not familiar to you. After you are finished write something else that is not familiar to you.

This is what I did and then after this I started on an idea for a longer story. After finishing it I realized it was not good enough, this was painful, but a necessary pain I had not realized yet, so I rewrote this story again using some of the storyline and coming up with new ideas or another way to look at different parts of the story. I read my second version and then once again I realized it was not good enough again. The pain of mind was heavier for I felt like I didn't have it in me. So instead of quitting I accepted this pain and realized I had to rewrite it a third time. Learning from my mistakes and not rushing to complete it this time, I was more calm and able to come up with better ideas and out of these ideas came to me what I was wanting to do all along and I didn't even know it. And that idea was my second creation A Song, A Dream or A Cold Hard Reality. With a smile on my face I realized I now have a way to use this idea and write as many stories as I can think of in this same vain.