Poll

110279
Do you believe Princess Diana was murdered?

Yes
 
  191 votes 58.2%

No
 
  73 votes 22.3%

Undecided
 
  64 votes 19.5%

328 total votes

Poll added by: James



Comments Showing 1-50 of 166 (166 new)


message 1: by Iona (new)

Iona  Stewart There is no doubt in my mind that Diana was murdered.


message 2: by Takaaki (new)

Takaaki Musha Yes, I believe she was mourdered by the British asashin.


message 3: by Catherine (new)

Catherine I think it was a truly heinous accident. If the papparzzi had simply let her alone to live her life...it may not have happened. What was gained by killing her? Nothing....it just made more publicity for her name...granted....no one in the first responding team, nor doctors handled it correctly.....


message 4: by Takaaki (new)

Takaaki Musha I think someone of MI6 made a plan to murder her. But who ordered her asashin?


message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Takaaki wrote: "I think someone of MI6 made a plan to murder her. But who ordered her asashin?"

Leading UK newspapers reported that Diana named her ex-husband Prince Charles as someone who was planning to kill her in private letters she wrote that were released after her death. Here's an excert reported in the media that not only named Charles but also specified exactly how Diana thought she may be killed: “This particular phase in my life is the most dangerous. Charles is planning an accident in my car, brake failure and serious head injury in order to make the path clear for Charles to marry.”

Some also say Charles' father (the Queen's husband and Diana's ex father-in-law) Prince Philip was also responsible. Indeed, Philip was apparently being investigated on his trailing/bugging of Diana by British authorities just days before her death and what was to be a front page news story on this matter was apparently "pulled" from newspapers shortly before her murder.


message 6: by Cosmic (last edited Oct 24, 2014 08:26AM) (new)

Cosmic Arcata Her car hits the 13th pole in the tunnel. High speeds? or a mine? Or car tampering?

I would say, where there are a lot of questions, there is a cover up.


message 7: by Takaaki (new)

Takaaki Musha She wanted to be free from the Royal familiy at that time. It was a real threat for them because they wanted to surpress something which must be concealed from our public eyes. I do not know what it is.


message 8: by Harry (last edited Oct 25, 2014 07:59AM) (new)

Harry Whitewolf Yes, of course she was murdered. Anyone who's spent five minutes looking at the actual evidence in favour of that scenario could tell you so.
Speaking of which, this five minute vid does a brilliant job of non-biasedly presenting some of the most urgent and strange facts.
http://youtu.be/VD5Bcsvo58Y

And yet you could spend years researching this topic. Henri Paul wasn't drunk... The delay in getting her to the hospital... And, Argon, I'm glad you posted above the letter that Diana wrote. I mean, we have, in her own words, that Charles was planning a car accident! Jeez!

The only actual questions remaining, after looking at the evidence, seem to be: Who killed her? And why?

And all fingers seem to point at MI5 and the Windsors... but who could believe our royal family could be capable of such things?! Well, that's where our emotional attachment to a certain truth can get in the way of objective thinking!


message 9: by James (new)

James Morcan Edward wrote: "I think it plausible that she showed her real beautiful nature. She then, with access to non-public information, became seen as a threat to the royal family, who very well may have inordinate, attempt-to-control influence on the world. There are other possible scenarios, but they all suggest the "convenience" of her elimination..."

What Ed said.
Exactly, what Ed said.
I couldn't have summarized it any better myself.


message 10: by Catherine (new)

Catherine I agree that the Royal family gave no help when it occured...but I don't believe it was in any way sanctioned. Charles may ave wanted to emarry...and that was his decision...but he was nor allowed to marry just anyone, and the Queen really had to give in on Camilla....

people make idol threats al the time....I do it, and I don't follow through...they are said in frustration...

the whole "life after" was frustrating for everyone involved...BECAUSE of the papparazzi...constantly reporting on evey move Diana made...if they'dsimply left her alone to live her life I think she might still be alive.

Every time she sneezed they reported it...and then they reported on Charles' response!!! for crying out loud....why would anyone think it was a planned thing...there is no logic there.

Jeez...it was a terrible accident.


message 11: by Catherine (new)

Catherine accidents happen....karma happens...sometimes good, sometimes bad...we cannot control our destinies! control is a myth..and if you're delusional enough to think you have control...well..see how that works out for you...

I agreed that they didn't help much when it counted...but I cannot agree that accidents don't happen!


message 12: by Harry (new)

Harry Whitewolf Catherine wrote: "accidents happen....karma happens...sometimes good, sometimes bad...we cannot control our destinies! control is a myth..and if you're delusional enough to think you have control...well..see how th..."

Yep, accidents happen all right, and I agree with you about karma. But some accidents are actually cover ups. In this case, when the evidence for murder is stacked up, it's unbelievable that there's never been an inquiry or investigation into certain questions over the events. This could so easily be one of those 'sensationalist conspiracy theories', because of the great affection for Di, but it's not. There are hard facts and worthy speculations.

Y'know, in my humble opinion!

The Unlawful Killing film, linked in a post above is a great documentary, made by Keith Allen.

There really are just so many unanswered questions hanging over it, regardless of what - possibly extreme- conclusions one may come to.


message 13: by Catherine (last edited Oct 26, 2014 01:12PM) (new)

Catherine there will always be unanswered questions....but I still believe it was a very tragic accident. I stated earlier that the Royals didn't help...when they should have...but that doesn't mean it was intentional... I also said people make idol threats....but that doesn't mean that they follow through. yes..it is "convenient" that she died...but it did them no favours...


Diana felt oppressed by the Royals....but the paparazzi caused much of that...if they hadn't been mucking about...trailing her endlessly...I mean really.


message 14: by Harry (new)

Harry Whitewolf Yeah, I respect your opinion Catherine, I just beg to differ, but you're spot on that the paparazzi and other matters shouldn't be overlooked.


message 15: by Catherine (last edited Oct 26, 2014 01:18PM) (new)

Catherine Harry wrote: "Yeah, I respect your opinion Catherine, I just beg to differ, but you're spot on that the paparazzi and other matters shouldn't be overlooked."

thank you :)


message 16: by Catherine (last edited Oct 26, 2014 01:31PM) (new)

Catherine think about it for a second....I mean...they already have the heir (and spare)..and she wouldn't have done anything to threaten them...so why "get rid" of her?

yes..she was following through with all her charity work...and she really shone in that way...but that was her job as a Royal, and as a public figure....but there was no need for constant photographing...

another reason to believe it was an accident..is that by killing her...they would only create a martyr, a saint...which draws only more focus to her...and collaterally to them


message 17: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Edward wrote: "Catherine wrote: "there will always be unanswered questions....but I still believe it was a very tragic accident. I stated earlier that the Royals didn't help...when they should have...but that d..."

I am not blind, and there's no need to be rude.


message 18: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Edward wrote: "Catherine wrote: "there will always be unanswered questions....but I still believe it was a very tragic accident. I stated earlier that the Royals didn't help...when they should have...but that d..."

wso what you are saying is that no accidents have ever happened...and do not happen ever to you...you believe that your life is already pre-destined!??! hope you're happy with that!


message 19: by Catherine (new)

Catherine the other Royal do do charity work...they don't get as much press because they have their security....Diana gave that all up when she got her divorce!


message 20: by Catherine (last edited Oct 26, 2014 02:26PM) (new)

Catherine Hey...Edward....go take a your comments and shove them where the sun don't shine! You are obnoxious and rude....no class at all, and obviously not capable of being an adult and learning to have a disagreement.


message 21: by Lance (new)

Lance Morcan Edward wrote: "Catherine wrote: "there will always be unanswered questions....but I still believe it was a very tragic accident. I stated earlier that the Royals didn't help...when they should have...but that d..."

Edward...Did you forget your medication today?


message 22: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Edward wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Hey...Edward....go take a your coments and shove them where the sun don't shine! You are obnoxious and rude....no class at all, and obviously not capable of being an adult and l..."

Grow up


message 23: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Lance wrote: "Edward wrote: "Catherine wrote: "there will always be unanswered questions....but I still believe it was a very tragic accident. I stated earlier that the Royals didn't help...when they should ha..."

I apologise to you Lance..I don't want this to become a childish war....I am entitled to an opinion....and no one need agree with it, but there is absolutely no call for rudeness


message 24: by James (new)

James Morcan Should we rename this whole thread 'The Diana bitch fight on Goodreads'? Ha!

But seriously people, heated debates are all part of the process in my opinion. Diana is a very emotive subject for many, just like 9/11 was/is. So although I agree everyone's opinion should be respected, at the end of the day I'd rather have very personal discussions like this than no debates on such subjects at all.

From my perspective, I try to always ask myself "What do I know for sure?" about any one subject. The answer is usually: Stuff all!
So when it comes to Diana, yes I agree with the majority here that if you connect all the obvious dots it seems extremely likely Diana's so-called accident was no accident. In fact, I would probably bet on this conspiracy theory being true more than any other theory out there (or at least equal to non-Oswald JFK assassination theory).

However, not being at the scene of the crime I cannot be 100% certain of course. I'd say it's very unlikely she wasn't murdered - and I can only see the murder verdict being ruled by a jury in any fair court case given all the apparent evidence supporting that thesis - but stranger things have happened in the history of the world, guys. Sometimes in life bizarre things happen in situations where a whole lot of coincidences randomly stack up that appear to support something that isn't true.

Now I'm just trying to be a skeptic here for a moment, as like I said I'm about 99% certain she was murdered, but hopefully y'all see the point I'm making. And so Catherine in this debate is very useful as she's bringing up maybe the 1% chance that Diana wasn't murdered (sorry Catherine, but I give it about a 1% likelihood that your case is true). If the rest of us are really all so confident in our belief that Diana was definitely murdered, we shouldn't be concerned by a voice of another intelligent person expressing a contrary opinion. Instead, I'd view it as an opportunity to debate and get across the facts to support what you believe to be an undeniable murder case.

I just feel conspiracy theorists or independent researchers (call 'em what you will) undermine their arguments sometimes by saying they know with absolute certainty that something is true. This approach always makes casual outsiders nervous as they will invariably ask "Well, were you at the scene of the crime? Then if not, how do you know for sure?"


message 25: by Catherine (new)

Catherine I'm proud to be that 1%!! But ask yourself this...if all your friends wanted to jump off a bridge or dive into uncharted waters....would you follow? I'm sorry everyone here is so adamant about this.....in a negative light....but I guess I can understand wanting to believe it...but that doesn't make it true.


message 26: by James (last edited Oct 26, 2014 06:35PM) (new)

James Morcan Catherine wrote: "I'm proud to be that 1%!! But ask yourself this...if all your friends wanted to jump off a bridge or dive into uncharted waters....would you follow? I'm sorry everyone here is so adamant about th..."

All fair questions Catherine and yes you should be proud to state your opinions. Sometimes the minority is right. I have a different opinion to yours on this issue, but cannot prove I'm right so I therefore remain open to being wrong.

I guess the one thing we can probably all agree on is Princess Diana stood up for many issues that nobody else in the limelight would. And that it's a real shame she's no longer around.

And lastly, if anyone is now planning to start firing pot shots at me over my supposed "fence sitting" re the cause of Diana's death, please give me advance warning so I can prepare to duck!!


message 27: by Catherine (new)

Catherine No pot shots from me! I'm down! Wounded in action....but still fighting :)


message 28: by Catherine (last edited Oct 26, 2014 07:06PM) (new)

Catherine And when one person in a married couple ends up dead..they always investgate the spouse....does that mean he/she did it? They follow all leads (that's what they are supposed to do...doesn't always work that way)

The world is not a perfect place...never was, never will be....Utopia is a myth

I am guilty of saying I want to kill certain people all the time! But I have not, nor will not do it! It's frustration...I'm blowing off steam! It's just not plastered all over the media...


message 29: by James (new)

James Morcan Catherine wrote: "And when one person in a married couple ends up dead..they always investgate the spouse....does that mean he/she did it?

I am guilty of saying I want to kill certain people all the time! But I ..."


Can I ask though Catherine, and I ask this respectfully, what research have you done on Diana's death for you to come to the conclusion you have?
Besides info in the mainstream media, have you read a lot of the alternative theories in books or seen any documentaries on it?
If you have, then I'd be intrigued to learn how someone can research about all the very compelling evidence (in my opinion and in the opinion of many) that seems to point strongly to murder, and still come to the conclusion she definitely died of a pure accident...


message 30: by James (last edited Oct 26, 2014 07:14PM) (new)

James Morcan Edward wrote: ""You know though, that when somebody says that someone else is going to kill them, or someone threatens someone's life; and then that person winds up dead, the cops investigate thoroughly. I saw it TWICE on "Law and Order."
..."


Absolutely.
I couldn't imagine any unbiased jury not ruling murder if the usual "beyond reasonable doubt" would be in effect. Pinning it down to the culprit would be more difficult...Although I can think of 2 well-known individuals that should at least take the stand and be asked questions about their suspicious activities in the days/weeks before Diana's death...But I won't mention them due to legal considerations!


message 31: by James (last edited Oct 26, 2014 07:16PM) (new)

James Morcan Edward wrote: "Sounds like a good name for a TV series...."

You read my mind, buddy. This entire thread is simply research for my next project - a TV series titled 'The Diana bitch fight on Goodreads'

I can see TV networks going for that, especially the BBC.


message 32: by Lance (new)

Lance Morcan Edward wrote: "Lance wrote: "Edward wrote: "Catherine wrote: "there will always be unanswered questions....but I still believe it was a very tragic accident. I stated earlier that the Royals didn't help...when ..."

Na I was just expressing concern for you mate...It looked like you were about to blow a gasket for a minute there, but I see you've recovered!


message 33: by Lance (new)

Lance Morcan Catherine wrote: "No pot shots from me! I'm down! Wounded in action....but still fighting :)"

You hang in there, gal!


message 34: by James (new)

James Morcan Wesley wrote: "After writing a letter saying ol' big ears was planning on murdering her "in a car accident" and then subsequently dies in exactly that same way, you'd expect the "spouse" to be called to the witne..."

Let's say for the sake of argument, that a British Royal was involved or responsible for a murder of a British citizen, can they be prosecuted under British law?
I thought I read somewhere that the Royals, or at least the Queen, cannot be ever prosecuted for anything under British law.
Does anybody know for sure?


message 35: by Lance (new)

Lance Morcan Catherine wrote: "Lance wrote: "Edward wrote: "Catherine wrote: "there will always be unanswered questions....but I still believe it was a very tragic accident. I stated earlier that the Royals didn't help...when ..."

No worries Catherine, but remember...this is a group without rules (for the moment at least) so i guess we each participate at our own peril.


message 36: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Ok...here's a question for you adamant guys..(men..you always stick together..haha)

If this was murder, and you seem to believe it....and it's all over the place....why have William and Harry not given up their titles? They stayed with Diana and Dodi, they knew them in their relationship. They also spent time with Charles....don't tell me they had no idea....and if they didn't(and that's possible too)....and they found out this shocking story....why didn't they renounce their family?


message 37: by James (new)

James Morcan Catherine wrote: "Ok...here's a question for you adamant guys..(men..you always stick together..haha)

If this was murder, and you seem to believe it....and it's all over the place....why have William and Harry not ..."


Actually, it has been reported that Prince William met with Al Fayed snr a year or two ago to find out what evidence Al Fayed to support the Diana murder theory. So clearly William is at least suspicious.

But Catherine, you didn't answer my earlier question in this thread about what independent research you've done on the matter...

p.s. I like how you're turning this into a battle of the sexes...you should be writing headlines for Entertainment Tonight!


message 38: by Catherine (new)

Catherine to answer your question James... I have read nothing on the matter. I watched as it was happening...so..I am going from that, and the ensuing aftermath. and then of course the news reports in the media. I haven't been biased by youtube or any other media sites.

I am going on my gut....strictly speaking...I trust my intuition..for certain things.


message 39: by James (new)

James Morcan Wesley wrote: "James wrote: Let's say for the sake of argument, that a British Royal was involved or responsible for a murder of a British citizen, can they be prosecuted under British law? I thought I read some..."

Yes, in research Lance and I have done on potential large-scale financial corruption of the Queen, we came across the same fact: that the Queen cannot be prosecuted.


message 40: by James (last edited Oct 26, 2014 08:25PM) (new)

James Morcan Catherine wrote: "to answer your question James... I have read nothing on the matter. I watched as it was happening...so..I am going from that, and the ensuing aftermath. and then of course the news reports in the media. I haven't been biased by youtube or any other media sites.

I am going on my gut....strictly speaking...I trust my intuition..for certain things..."


Oh Okay, so basically you have only followed the mainstream media reports. That may explain a lot in this debate then, as before I'd looked into the matter I just assumed she'd died of an accident.

And I wouldn't say doing independent research via YouTube videos or whatever is necessarily allowing bias to enter the equation. sure there are conspiracy extremists posting all kinds of unproven crap online, but I'd argue looking at the other side of the argument via alternative media is balancing the equation given how corrupt and narrow-minded we all know mainstream media can be.

I recall in the previous poll you said that you thought 9/11 was likely to be an inside job due to the convincing alternative theories.
Surely researching Diana's death in the same way is no different and cannot be harmful if approached with healthy sketicism?


message 41: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Wesley wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Ok...here's a question for you adamant guys..(men..you always stick together..haha)

If this was murder, and you seem to believe it....and it's all over the place....why have Will..."


brainwashed..no...they spent enough time with their mother to see the truth of their lives... strictly speaking....the Royal family can't afford to alienate William...he's the heir....George is too young..obviously...so who would take his place...probably Andrew(after Charles of course)...as I'm sure Harry has no intention of taking on that role. and if William left of his own accord...what next? ae they going to do the same thing?


Pampered...yes...but what rich kid isn't pampered?

William stays out of the limelight ..as much as possible...he is like his mother in that respect...he just wants a quiet life...


message 42: by Catherine (new)

Catherine oh..and Edward...their divorce was finalised on 28 Aug 1996


message 43: by James (new)

James Morcan Catherine wrote: "oh..and Edward...their divorce was finalised on 28 Aug 1996"

that's correct - they did divorce


message 44: by Catherine (new)

Catherine James wrote: "Catherine wrote: "to answer your question James... I have read nothing on the matter. I watched as it was happening...so..I am going from that, and the ensuing aftermath. and then of course the new..."

sure...media can be biased...but I don't only watch one view...I do watch lots of angles to the story...and like I said...I watched as it was happening...I saw what the cameras picked up upon entering the tunnel....and I watched as the medical crews arrived...I have looked at other views...but I am going to say...I am not swayed....I just don't buy it...I'm sorry to disappoint...

this was one of the few times I was actually glued to the news! 9/11 was another...

I don't agree with y'all...I am that 1% who is the opposition.

there is not a consiracy behind every corner...life is what it is...at some point we have to move on..


message 45: by Catherine (last edited Oct 26, 2014 09:01PM) (new)

Catherine I disagree with you...but you follow what you want to. does't mean it's true

I am not blindly deciding to ignore what is out there...just choosing to see another side


message 46: by James (new)

James Morcan I 2nd the 'cognitive dissonance' theory...Somebody on this thread ain't even bothering to read the evidence being presented...Hence we are all starting to go round and round in circles...

Catherine, let me know when I should prepare to duck!


message 47: by Catherine (last edited Oct 26, 2014 09:11PM) (new)

Catherine James wrote: "I 2nd the 'cognitive dissonance' theory...Somebody on this thread ain't even bothering to read the evidence being presented...Hence we are all starting to go round and round in circles...

Catherin..."


no way! in for a penny, in for a pound! lol


you enter at your own risk!


message 48: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Wesley wrote: "If we all agreed it would be a boring place to be. On this occasion we'll just have to agree to disagree. ;)"

I accept your offer :)


message 49: by Catherine (new)

Catherine see James....wwe can play nice!!!


message 50: by Catherine (last edited Oct 27, 2014 03:27AM) (new)

Catherine but really...I may be the opposing vote here...but in a court of law...that's all it takes to create reasonable doubt....I see I have my work cut our for me then! :)


« previous 1 3 4
back to top

Members can create polls
widget

142309

Underground Knowledge — A discussion group