Books You Are Tired Of Hearing About

Vote on those books that you are tired seeing everywhere and tired of people talking about it.
1

by
3.66 avg rating — 2,008,295 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
2

by
3.60 avg rating — 5,102,143 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
3

by
3.55 avg rating — 1,507,886 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
4

by
3.70 avg rating — 1,462,852 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
5

by
3.70 avg rating — 1,360,199 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
6

by
4.20 avg rating — 3,678,483 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
7

by
3.57 avg rating — 1,508,987 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
8

by
3.86 avg rating — 1,978,214 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
9

by
3.84 avg rating — 761,680 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
10

by
4.33 avg rating — 6,552,989 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
11

by
3.85 avg rating — 729,133 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
12

by
3.90 avg rating — 108,780 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
13

by
3.69 avg rating — 362,442 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
14

by
4.19 avg rating — 2,997,847 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
15

by
4.48 avg rating — 7,307,096 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
16

by
3.84 avg rating — 912,939 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
17

by
3.80 avg rating — 44,046 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
18

by
4.14 avg rating — 2,673,431 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
19

by
4.41 avg rating — 225,863 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
20

by
3.98 avg rating — 1,601,851 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
21

by
4.09 avg rating — 559,693 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
22

by
4.20 avg rating — 1,285,425 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
23

by
3.92 avg rating — 1,369,515 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
24

by
4.09 avg rating — 1,659,511 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
25

by
4.01 avg rating — 148,550 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
26

by
4.57 avg rating — 2,915,088 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
27

by
3.28 avg rating — 11,416 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
28

by
4.56 avg rating — 2,681,242 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
29

by
3.82 avg rating — 2,056,746 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
30

by
3.31 avg rating — 131,582 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
31

by
4.03 avg rating — 548,194 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
32

by
4.46 avg rating — 2,224,461 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
33

by
3.66 avg rating — 657,303 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
34

by
4.45 avg rating — 2,051,597 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
35

by
3.78 avg rating — 551,090 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
36

by
4.31 avg rating — 2,489,865 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
37

by
4.50 avg rating — 2,589,908 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
38

by
4.43 avg rating — 2,826,457 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
39

by
4.62 avg rating — 2,892,460 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
40

by
4.11 avg rating — 1,363,367 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
41

by
3.96 avg rating — 590,980 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
42

by
3.88 avg rating — 2,183,459 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
43

by
3.91 avg rating — 2,737,217 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
44

by
4.57 avg rating — 2,514,825 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
45

by
4.13 avg rating — 1,842,387 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
46

by
3.42 avg rating — 1,669 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
47

by
3.31 avg rating — 2,773 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
48

by
4.11 avg rating — 563,396 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
49

by
3.30 avg rating — 308,007 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
50

by
2.39 avg rating — 2,938 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
51

by
4.30 avg rating — 1,159,432 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
52

by
3.45 avg rating — 2,186 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
53

by
3.33 avg rating — 2,909 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
54

by
4.18 avg rating — 2,118 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
55

by
3.81 avg rating — 2,806,202 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
56

by
4.27 avg rating — 3,098,332 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
57

by
3.68 avg rating — 1,908 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
58

by
3.80 avg rating — 440,782 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
59

by
3.58 avg rating — 2,429 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
60

by
4.08 avg rating — 2,402,308 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
61

by
4.13 avg rating — 942,498 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
62

by
4.29 avg rating — 2,595,989 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
63

by
3.49 avg rating — 608 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
64

by
4.37 avg rating — 1,894,368 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
65

by
3.61 avg rating — 2,559 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
66

by
3.70 avg rating — 133,515 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
67

by
really liked it 4.00 avg rating — 322,668 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
68

by
3.42 avg rating — 2,419 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
69

by
3.95 avg rating — 2,833,358 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
70

by
3.57 avg rating — 2,372 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
71

by
3.86 avg rating — 572,922 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
72

by
4.06 avg rating — 461,862 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
73

by
3.23 avg rating — 1,398 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
74

by
3.94 avg rating — 303,124 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
75

by
3.44 avg rating — 1,481 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
76

by
4.03 avg rating — 711,263 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
77

by
4.01 avg rating — 1,148,969 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
78

by
3.65 avg rating — 331,186 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
79

by
4.22 avg rating — 526,486 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
80

by
4.13 avg rating — 447,198 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
81

by
3.89 avg rating — 677,173 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
82

by
3.69 avg rating — 358,430 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
83

by
4.73 avg rating — 257,289 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
84

by
4.05 avg rating — 2,415,226 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
85

by
3.91 avg rating — 1,473,425 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
86

by
3.65 avg rating — 2,980 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
87

by
4.16 avg rating — 770,458 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
88

by
3.78 avg rating — 891,763 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
89

by
4.50 avg rating — 580,482 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
90

by
4.04 avg rating — 596,514 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
91

by
3.52 avg rating — 59,503 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
92

by
3.97 avg rating — 733,506 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
93

by
3.48 avg rating — 21,708 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
94

by
3.24 avg rating — 7,040 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
95

by
4.17 avg rating — 235,430 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
96

by
3.81 avg rating — 684 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
97

by
4.28 avg rating — 4,642,862 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
98

by
4.18 avg rating — 687,924 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
99

by
1.91 avg rating — 46 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
100

by
4.18 avg rating — 460,625 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
flag this list (?)
568 books · 1,031 voters · list created February 20th, 2010 by deleted user.
32 likes · 
Lists are re-scored approximately every 5 minutes.


DalalK. 266 books
9 friends
Chelsea 658 books
34 friends
Monica 277 books
6 friends
Jossi 155 books
17 friends
Tara 5022 books
149 friends
Michelle 1919 books
201 friends
Matthew 245 books
10 friends
Susanna - Censored by GoodReads 3243 books
861 friends

More voters…


Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)

dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Hunger Games ?!
Twilight ?!

Yes, Harry Potter I can DEFINETLY believe, but why one of the most best series of all time ? [Hunger Games]
This list is fucked up, and so are a lot of your brains. =/
Let me get something through your heads, kay ?
Harry Potter is COMPLETE, UTTER SHIT.
Its a load of pathetic crap, and should have never been published or read by anyone.
I feel sorry for everyone that thinks it good, honestly.
And before you yell at me for judging, YES, I have actually read the first two.
I thought it would get better.
I was wrong.
Now, there`s the truth. :]
xx


message 2: by Kali (new)

Kali Sarah wrote: "Hunger Games ?!
Twilight ?!

Yes, Harry Potter I can DEFINETLY believe, but why one of the most best series of all time ? [Hunger Games]
This list is fucked up, and so are a lot of your brains. ..."


Trollololo


message 3: by Katy (new)

Katy Exactly...


Elizabeth(The Book Whisperer) How DARE Harry Potter be on this list! You people are evil.


message 5: by Katy (new)

Katy *shrug* There are people who think Harry Potter is evil. Not that I agree with them, mind you, but I could see how folks would feel that way.


message 6: by Elizabeth(The Book Whisperer) (last edited Oct 01, 2012 04:07AM) (new)

Elizabeth(The Book Whisperer) Ah, no need to debate! I just happen to love Harry and can't not understand people who don't! LOL! Of course, to each his own, I hate 50 shades and I am sure there are people who don't understand that I do!


message 7: by Katy (new)

Katy Elizabeth wrote: "Ah, no need to debate! I just happen to love Harry and can't not understand people who don't! LOL! Of course, to each his own, I hate 50 shades and I am sure there are people who don't understand t..."

My point of view exactly :-)


message 8: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Coble I love the potter books but after all the tohubohu about the thrice-damned new book I AM honestly tired of hearing about it.


message 9: by Elizabeth(The Book Whisperer) (last edited Oct 01, 2012 05:40AM) (new)

Elizabeth(The Book Whisperer) I am going to read her new book because I love J.K. Rowling so much. I have to admit though, I would never look twice at it if it weren't by her because it isn't normally the type of book I go for.


message 10: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Coble Elizabeth wrote: "I am going to read her new book because I love J.K. Rowling so much. I have to admit though, I would never look twice at it if it weren't by her because it isn't normally the type of book I go for."

I think if you enjoy her style and are not in an emotional bad patch you'll find it at least a 2.5 star read. Probably higher. It definitely is a book by her.


message 11: by Katy (new)

Katy Elizabeth wrote: "I am going to read her new book because I love J.K. Rowling so much. I have to admit though, I would never look twice at it if it weren't by her because it isn't normally the type of book I go for."

Be very careful; it is NOT by any stretch ANYTHING like HP; from what I've seen, those who've gone into it with the mindset of "This is JK Rowling!!" have been disappointed. It sounds like it's quite dark, realistic, and heavy. Be aware! I'm waiting until I have my head in a really positive place before I even try this one.


message 12: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Animal Farm is on here? I mean...okay it's your opinion..but...geez.


message 13: by Elizabeth(The Book Whisperer) (last edited Oct 05, 2012 01:41PM) (new)

Elizabeth(The Book Whisperer) Katy wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "I am going to read her new book because I love J.K. Rowling so much. I have to admit though, I would never look twice at it if it weren't by her because it isn't normally the type..."
Yeah, I know. That's why her fans have got to go into this with the mindset that THIS IS NOT HARRY POTTER, like she has warned us already many times. Her true fans will stick to her no matter what, like I intend to do! It will be awhile before I get to this book however, because I have many before this. LOL, I am kinda nutty, I read books in a certain order, and can not change it!


message 14: by Katy (new)

Katy Elizabeth - glad to hear you've got your mind wrapped around it. So many reviews I've seen have been "Well, I knew it wasn't HP but....." *siiigh* :-)


message 15: by Moira (new)

Moira Russell Ender's Game is on here twice....not that I mind.


message 16: by Katy (new)

Katy Moira wrote: "Ender's Game is on here twice....not that I mind."

Yeah, not everyone goes through the whole list to see if their choice is there before adding it, unfortunately, and I"m not aware of any way to have anything removed from these lists once they're on there.


Susanna - Censored by GoodReads A Librarian can both "combine duplicates" and remove individual titles, if they really don't belong there (fiction on a non-fiction list, for example).


message 18: by Katy (new)

Katy Susanna wrote: "A Librarian can both "combine duplicates" and remove individual titles, if they really don't belong there (fiction on a non-fiction list, for example)."

It was my understanding that only a head librarian could do that, and that they are reluctant to do so unless it is really necessary, but feel free to comment in the Librarian group and ask if someone can fix it!


Susanna - Censored by GoodReads Believe me, a "regular" librarian can both "combine duplicates" and remove specific books (if they really don't belong there; we aren't supposed to go crazy with it). I know because I do it all the time.


message 20: by Katy (new)

Katy Susanna wrote: "Believe me, a "regular" librarian can both "combine duplicates" and remove specific books (if they really don't belong there; we aren't supposed to go crazy with it). I know because I do it all th..."

Hmm. That was not the impression I received. It is true you *can* do it, but it is also true that it is strongly discouraged. I lost my librarian status because I changed a BIN to an ISBN13 for a Smashwords book. This was a completely correct thing to do, since Smashwords uses ISBN and the BIN is for NOOK, but they still removed my privileges for that. So... what I'm saying? Be careful. Just because you *can* do something, it doesn't mean they won't kick your ass out of being a Librarian for doing it.


Interdimensionalbeing I don't think Harry Potter or the Hunger Games should be on this list, but can people please stop posting very rude comments to that effect?


message 22: by Angelica (new)

Angelica Fonseca Interdimensionalbeing wrote: "I don't think Harry Potter or the Hunger Games should be on this list, but can people please stop posting very rude comments to that effect?"

So agree with you.


message 23: by Roderick (new)

Roderick Personally the only book series I'm tired of hearing of is Percy Jackson...

Some people get tired of Harry, Hunger Games, Twilight and Fifty Shades, I never hear anyone talk bad about Percy, its like he has no haters, but everyone has an opinion and as muych as we love our favorite books, we all want to something new and fresh.

but really Percy having no haters is so unrealistic...please tell me I'm not alone!


message 24: by JG (last edited Mar 18, 2014 05:51AM) (new)

JG Sarah wrote: "Hunger Games ?!
Twilight ?!

Yes, Harry Potter I can DEFINETLY believe, but why one of the most best series of all time ? [Hunger Games]
This list is fucked up, and so are a lot of your brains. ..."


did you just say that Harry Potter is a complete and utter shit!? RIP humanity


message 25: by Katy (new)

Katy OMG, people don't all like/dislike the same thing! Call a reporter, stop the presses!!!!

Seriously, can you imagine how dull the world would be if we all thought the same? I think it's great that there are books out there that can speak to different people in different ways. I might not like the book, but that doesn't make the fact that you like it somehow invalid.


message 26: by Ashley (last edited Jul 23, 2014 03:40PM) (new)

Ashley Liking a book on this list has nothing to do with being tired of hearing about it. At least in my opinion...
I read all 7 of the Harry Potter books and they were ok... I liked them, but do I get sick of hearing about them? YES!
I've read 5 of the "Twilight" series (NOT A FAN)and I am more than sick of the hype around them, even more so now that I have read them than before.
Some stuff I haven't read, don't now if I will like it or not but I am still sick of every time someone finds out that I like to read they feel the need to tell me "You just HAVE to read "Da Vinci Code"/"The Notebook? that new book by that woman that wrote Harry Potter!!! YOU HAVE TO! PROMISE ME"
Yes, sometimes I read to see what the hype is about, case in point "Twilight, "Harry Potter", "Divergent" and numerous other things, especially those of the "YA" genre. But I do like to read whatever I stumble across at a thrift store/yard sale simply because it sounds interesting to me. I rarely read anything that Goodreads recommends, simply because I am on a budget and sometimes... it just sounds boring as hell.
So, again.... to me, liking a book doesn't mean you don't get tired of hearing everyone else raving or ranting about it. Plus, it all comes down to opinion in the end anyways.

(p.s. The randomness of the Goosebumps on here made me laugh as they were totally unexpected. :P )


message 27: by Beka (new)

Beka Primrose Sarah wrote: "Hunger Games ?!
Twilight ?!

Yes, Harry Potter I can DEFINETLY believe, but why one of the most best series of all time ? [Hunger Games]
This list is fucked up, and so are a lot of your brains. ..."


I almost can't believe you insulted Harry Potter. But you did... for shame on you.


message 28: by Tina (new)

Tina I don't understand why this list exists. I mean, at least if we're hearing about these books it means people are reading, right? Then again, that raises an interesting debate - it is better to read poorly-written smut or to not read at all? But what constitutes "poorly-written"? Is being elitist or esoteric about literature actually a good thing? I personally have read many novels that I disliked but still agree are important to the literary canon. But I have also read many novels purely for entertainment that I will admit were not the most well-written, yet i still enjoyed. It's an interesting conundrum!


message 29: by Tina (new)

Tina Sarah wrote: "Hunger Games ?!
Twilight ?!

Yes, Harry Potter I can DEFINETLY believe, but why one of the most best series of all time ? [Hunger Games]
This list is fucked up, and so are a lot of your brains. ..."


Can you validate your argument more? When you read the novels, what about them made you deduce they were "utter shit"? Because I found them to be very well-written novels, even for their young adult genre (which can sometimes be didactic or gloss over exposition/character development). I'm interested to know why you dislike them? I mean, my sister doesn't like them because she isn't into fantasy, which makes sense to me, but you haven't really provided anything tangible.


message 30: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 23, 2015 06:47AM) (new)

Come on people, we can push Cormac McCarthy and Tolkien further up the list !


message 31: by Joaquin (new)

Joaquin Mejia Sivoj wrote: "Come on people, we can push Cormac McCarthy and Tolkien further up the list !"

For me,more people should know about J.R.R Tolkien. Many people I know have not read any of his books.


message 32: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Elizabeth(The Book Whisperer) wrote: "How DARE Harry Potter be on this list! You people are evil."

Opinions are weird that way. People aren't obliged to like something just because it's popular.


message 33: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Roderick wrote: "Personally the only book series I'm tired of hearing of is Percy Jackson...

Some people get tired of Harry, Hunger Games, Twilight and Fifty Shades, I never hear anyone talk bad about Percy, its l..."


You're not alone. Riordan should have written a good trilogy instead of a mediocre-to-poor neverending series.


message 34: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Isabella wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Hunger Games ?!
Twilight ?!

Yes, Harry Potter I can DEFINETLY believe, but why one of the most best series of all time ? [Hunger Games]
This list is fucked up, and so are a lot of..."


She has the right to not like Harry Potter. This may shock you but people are allowed to have different opinions about things.


back to top