2017 YA Fairy Tale Retellings

YA fairy tale retellings that are being released in 2017
1

by
3.90 avg rating — 26,506 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
2

by
3.72 avg rating — 8,430 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
3

by
3.45 avg rating — 3,429 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
4

by
3.79 avg rating — 9,849 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
5

by
3.90 avg rating — 13,381 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
6

by
3.98 avg rating — 3,093 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
7

by
3.91 avg rating — 2,474 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
8

by
3.93 avg rating — 6,024 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
9

by
3.51 avg rating — 8,387 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
10

by
3.83 avg rating — 1,362 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
11

by
3.66 avg rating — 1,431 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
12

by
4.03 avg rating — 5,885 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
13

by
really liked it 4.00 avg rating — 9 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
14

by
3.58 avg rating — 967 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
15

by
3.71 avg rating — 888 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
16

by
4.19 avg rating — 21 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
17

by
3.97 avg rating — 59 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
17

by
3.79 avg rating — 4,886 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
19

by
3.53 avg rating — 79 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
20

by
4.12 avg rating — 8 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
flag this list (?)
20 books · 68 voters · list created July 11th, 2016 by Sarah (votes) .
28 likes · 
Lists are re-scored approximately every 5 minutes.


Sarah 2278 books
119 friends
Adalie 1310 books
232 friends
Ryleigh 2213 books
32 friends
Isabella 5088 books
111 friends
Ashley 433 books
3 friends
Charon 3387 books
91 friends
Catling 1166 books
6 friends
Amy Lemco 315 books
38 friends

More voters…


Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

dateDown arrow    newest »

Nina Brilliant Nemesis A court of wings and ruin isn't young adult.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

I removed A court of wings and ruin because almost 800 people have added it to their new adult shelves and because most people care about content. Very few care which is the imprint. I'm here to serve the readers who want to know if the content of a book is really young adult. The content isn't young adult at all.


message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah It's fine to remove it from this list because it's not really a fairy tale retelling, but I disagree that it's not YA. In the future, I would appreciate opening this up for discussion first before making a subjective judgment call and removing a book outright. Thanks.


message 3: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Nina Brilliant Nemesis wrote: "A court of wings and ruin isn't young adult.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

I removed A court of wings and ruin because almost 80..."


Get of your high horse and stop abusing your rights, again NOONE ASKED YOU TO REMOVE THEM.


message 4: by I-Sha (new)

I-Sha Nina Brilliant Nemesis wrote: "A court of wings and ruin isn't young adult.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

I removed A court of wings and ruin because almost 80..."


I appreciate that a lot. As a reader who is not into Adult books, that is a huge help. Thanks!


message 5: by Lucila Venetia (new)

Lucila Venetia Nina Brilliant Nemesis wrote: "A court of wings and ruin isn't young adult.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

I removed A court of wings and ruin because almost 80..."


Thanks. I've noticed very weird things going on on listopia and Goodreads is looking the other way. I invite you to flag lists with miscategorized books when librarians aren't doing their job.


message 6: by Lucila Venetia (new)

Lucila Venetia Danielle wrote: "Nina Brilliant Nemesis wrote: "A court of wings and ruin isn't young adult.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

I removed A court of w..."


Calm down. Many people have asked the removal of new adult books all over listopia. Only you, Rainbow and Rachel refuse. I wonder about Sarah she's a librarian also.


message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah My personal opinion is that it's ultimately up to the list owner and voters to decide whether or not these types of books belong. I haven't been involved in discussions around "new adult" vs "young adult", but it's obvious this is a divisive issue where no real consensus has (and maybe never will be) reached. And as long as this is the case, I prefer to, as they say, let the voters decide. If a list owner wants to put restrictions on what qualifies as YA in their lists, that's their prerogative, but I won't be doing it to any of mine.

That said, I very much take issue with others making their own judgment calls and proactively removing books based on their subjective opinion. That is absolutely not ok and as a librarian, is not something I support. I actually worked with Rainbowheart and other to re-add the Sarah J Maas books to some YA lists when someone removed them last year and would continue to do so if needed.


back to top



Related News

Audiobooks are an incredible way to experience stories—a great narrator can use their voice bring the narrative to life in a way that the...

Anyone can add books to this list.