Goodreads is creating new ways to deliver highly personalized and relevant content for millions of readers around the world, built on one of the world’s largest collections of data about books and reading trends.
We’re a mission-driven company, only at the beginning of helping readers find books they love, read more, and share ideas.
As an Amazon company, we utilize cutting-edge technology and technical expertise. We are deeply integrated with Kindle and have exciting opportunities to invent the future of reading in partnership with Kindle, Audible, Alexa, and more.
Our headquarters are located in San Francisco. When we’re not working, we’re looking to expand our horizons in other ways, including visits by bestselling authors, hackathons, team-led tech talks, game nights, and volunteering at local charities. And, of course, we love books and have free books and internal book clubs.
Goodreads is a subsidiary of Amazon — many of our employees get opportunities to travel to Amazon’s main campus in Seattle for training, conferences, and working with our partner teams.
As a subsidiary of Amazon, we offer a full range of benefits that support you and eligible family members. Learn more about Amazon benefits
Want to be part of creating innovative experiences for the largest community of readers? We’re hiring!
Goodreads is currently reimagining our products and brand. With millions of active users and top-rated apps on all major platforms, this is your opportunity to take our visual design to the next level. We are looking for a passionate and motivated Visual Designer/Art Director to up-level and redefine our creative design.
Goodreads is seeking a passionate and motivated Visual Designer/Art Director to create strategic, creative and visually stunning content, marketing, and ads experiences that tell stories and drive business performance. This Art Director will create concepts for key strategic campaigns, build out style guides and templates, and deliver a high volume of assets.
Goodreads is the world's largest site for readers and book recommendations, and we have over 95 million members. Our office is located in downtown San Francisco. Goodreads is an Amazon company, so you will have opportunities to partner with Kindle and Amazon teams to help elevate the reading experience for millions of customers.
· Develop high-quality, on-brand designs for newsletters, articles, event landing pages, marketing campaigns, ads.
· Drive acquisition through campaigns that run across Goodreads, Kindle, Amazon, and social media.
· Help launch our new brand identity across all touch points.
· Design innovative ad experiences for publishers, authors, and notables.
· Independently lead campaign executions and collaborate with multiple teams including design, sales, marketing and editorial.
· Fulfill requests from multiple internal clients while meeting and prioritizing tight deadlines.
· Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills. This role interacts with a broad audience at Goodreads, often in high-pressure situations. Requires patience, flexibility, and willingness to dive in and help where needed.
· Create and follow project timelines, creative treatments, and other documents that detail a projects’ scope and direction.
· Give and solicit feedback and constructive criticism to improve you and your team’s skills and design solutions, continually raising our bar for quality.
· Maintain stylistic consistency across production assets, enhancing and reinforcing the Goodreads brand.