Goodreads is creating new ways to deliver highly personalized and relevant content for millions of readers around the world, built on one of the world’s largest collections of data about books and reading trends.
We’re a mission-driven company, only at the beginning of helping readers find books they love, read more, and share ideas.
As an Amazon company, we utilize cutting-edge technology and technical expertise. We are deeply integrated with Kindle and have exciting opportunities to invent the future of reading in partnership with Kindle, Audible, Alexa, and more.
Our headquarters are located in San Francisco. When we’re not working, we’re looking to expand our horizons in other ways, including visits by bestselling authors, hackathons, team-led tech talks, game nights, and volunteering at local charities. And, of course, we love books and have free books and internal book clubs.
Goodreads is a subsidiary of Amazon — many of our employees get opportunities to travel to Amazon’s main campus in Seattle for training, conferences, and working with our partner teams.
As a subsidiary of Amazon, we offer a full range of benefits that support you and eligible family members. Learn more about Amazon benefits
Want to be part of creating innovative experiences for the largest community of readers? We’re hiring!
Goodreads is the world’s largest site for readers and book recommendations. Founded in 2007, Goodreads is where readers find and share books they love. Used by avid and casual readers alike, Goodreads members can discover new books by seeing what their friends are reading or by using the Goodreads Book Recommendation Engine; share ratings and recommendations; track what they have read, and list what they want to read. Goodreads is also a place where authors connect with readers. Goodreads is a subsidiary of Amazon.
You have Sales. You have Customer service. And then you have the Account Manager (AM) with one foot in each department. The Account Manager acts as the liaison between Goodreads and our advertising customers, and it is their responsibility to see that customers are maximizing the value of the products and services provided in order to meet or exceed their advertising goals. There is a sales component to the job as well as it's the Account Manager’s duty to maintain relationships and grow revenue from their portfolio of accounts.
At Goodreads, the Account Manager is on the front line of our business and works closely with our NY-based Sales team to strategize, create and successfully deliver advertising campaigns for book publishers, all while providing an exceptional customer service experience.
Key responsibilities and what we’re looking for in an Account Manager:
· Work collaboratively with sales and ad ops to provide best-in-class support to publishers
· Facilitate a smooth, successful interaction for publishers from RFP through final reporting
· Collaborate with Sales partner to develop proactive proposals or initiatives for publishers
· Respond in a timely manner to publisher RFP’s and requests, providing product and targeting recommendations based on Goodreads expertise
· Through a consultative approach, develop insight into publishers KPI’s help them meet those goals by leveraging Goodreads’ ad products
· Create Insertion Orders, work within Order Management systems and serve as an expert in our defined business processes
· Interact with Finance department in regards to Billing requests/issues