Start by marking “Arena Uno: Tratantes De Esclavos (La Trilogía De Supervivencia, #1)” as Want to Read:
Arena Uno: Tratantes De Esclavos (La Trilogía De Supervivencia, #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

Arena Uno: Tratantes De Esclavos

(The Survival Trilogy #1)

Nueva York. 2120. Estados Unidos ha sido diezmado, exterminado por la Segunda Guerra Civil. En este mundo post apocalíptico, los sobrevivientes son escasos. Y la mayoría de ellos son miembros de una pandilla violenta de predadores que vive en las grandes ciudades. Ellos patrullan la campiña buscando esclavos, nuevas víctimas para llevar a la ciudad, para su deporte mortal ...more
Published March 2nd 2014 (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Arena Uno, please sign up.
Imprimere Apparently so. Because "this world" is one where a motorcycle with a sidecar can do 150mph on icy roads while slamming into obstacles. In "this world"…moreApparently so. Because "this world" is one where a motorcycle with a sidecar can do 150mph on icy roads while slamming into obstacles. In "this world" you can have a piece of metal pass completely through your bicep, crack a rib and still be able to flip over a car that has been weighed down with steel bars. In "this world" you can fell a deer with the throw of a knife but have no idea how to get more than one meal from it. In "this world" you can be too sick to walk up a mountain, but still be able to jump up and down, run around, and play tug-o-war with a dog. In "this world" you can strip a dead man of his clothes and garb yourself with them in 1 minute. In "this world" machine guns won't faze a bullet proof windshield, but a few shots from a handgun will. In "this world" game is scarce and every last building has been looted, but animals from the zoo roam freely after three years of devastation.

To answer your question as it was probably intended; yes, I most certainly would survive and prosper. It has been mentioned that there is healthy wildlife where Brooke started. Obviously, the "crazies" have taken over the cities, but there are probably thousands of abandoned farms where you would find all sorts of tools. While I lack her astounding fighting abilities (oddly enough, my father was a Marine too), I do know how to hunt and fish and survive.

PS - This book is terrible!(less)
Laura-Lee Rahn After reading tons of reviews of this book I must admit to a prejudice. I didn't expect much realism because it's a futuristic, dystopian book for YA.…moreAfter reading tons of reviews of this book I must admit to a prejudice. I didn't expect much realism because it's a futuristic, dystopian book for YA. I'm 54 years old and have discovered that I need to "check my reason at the door" whenever I read a YA book. I didn't expect Dickens and I wasn't disappointed when I didn't get him.
Maybe I was willing to give Ms. Rice more of a benefit of the doubt?
SPOILER ALERT ***About the deer. She starts out by telling us she has learned a bunch of killing skills from her marine Dad but no outdoor survival skills at all. Then gives the example that he didn't even know the basic thing that you have to BOIL maple tree sap to get maple syrup. And he was an adult. So the fact she could kill a deer but couldn't butcher one didn't come as a surprise.
Also about the politics that led to the war. The character was a very young teenager when all of it went down, getting the info second hand from her Dad. So how much would she have been aware of or knowledgeable about? Talk to a 14-year-old today and ask her to explain the basic structure of the American Government or the platforms of the two-party system and what kind of answer will you get? Half of them have never heard of Adolph Hitler and haven't the slightest clue how World War 2 began or what caused the Berlin Wall to come down. But that the Protagonist doesn't fully comprehend the political nuances involved that caused the complete collapse of American society bothers you?
When all the highest-grossing movies are based on Marvel comics and have ZERO realism, should I suddenly expect hyperrealism from THIS futuristic story? I can't decide if the fact that the rest of you do pleases me or not. Are you after truth and won't settle for less or is it just another case of internet mob mentality where a bunch of people gets their jollies hurling insults at someone from behind their keyboards? That is my question. 🤨🤔
LLR(less)

Start your review of Arena Uno: Tratantes De Esclavos (La Trilogía De Supervivencia, #1)
Teresa Zanata
Mar 21, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Da tempo mi incuriosivano i libri di questa prolifica scrittrice autoprodotta, Morgan Rice, che ha scritto saghe sui vampiri, su streghe, draghi, stregoni, maghi, spazio, scienza ed anche una trilogia distopica che inizia appunto con Arena Uno.
Il libro è scritto in prima persona ed è la protagonista, Brooke a raccontarci la sua vita e i fatti antecedenti che ci fanno scoprire che siamo nel 2120 in un'America devastata da una guerra civile, nata da divergenze politiche esacerbate fino a sfociare
Lettrici tra le Stelle
May 31, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marta
Libro molto deludente!! Trama apparentemente intrigante ma poi...protagonista insopportabile, trama pilotata, si va avanti solo con situazioni assurde e improbabili colpi di fortuna...bocciato! Recensione completa sul nostro blog https://lettricitralestelle.blogspot.... ...more
Marta Carnovali
May 22, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Trama apparentemente promettente ma poi...una totale delusione!!! Storia finta, trama pilotata e protagonista insopportabile! Recensione completa sul blog https://lettricitralestelle.blogspot.... ...more
Roberto Rho
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sinceramente capisco le critiche a questo libro, ma non é un brutto libro. Certo, le similitudini con Hunger Games sono tante, peró un pó se ne distacca. Ecco, forse dà davvero fastidio il personaggio della protagonista eroina immortale dura da abbattere...
Reading Until Inf...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Arena One By morgan rice ---> Starting March 24th 9 22 Mar 29, 2014 08:12PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: This topic has been closed to new comments. March YA Roundup 1 8 Mar 21, 2012 02:52PM
Future Survivors,...: If you loved the Hunger Games... 1 52 Feb 14, 2012 01:35PM

• After the Cure (After the Cure, #1)
  • Fire in Frost (Crystal Frost, #1)
  • Magic of Thieves (Legends of Dimmingwood, #1)
  • Shadows (Ashes Trilogy, #2)
  • Galdoni (The Galdoni, #1)
  • Primordial Earth #1 (The Extinction Series)
  • Outside (Outside, #1)
  • Marked (Soul Guardians #1)
  • The Return of the Elves Collection: Books 1-4
  • Kahayatle (Apocalypsis, #1)
  • The Bone Queen
  • A Trace of Death (Keri Locke #1)
  • Primordial Earth: Book 2 (The Extinction Series)
  • Flood (The Reset #1)
  • Unwanted (The Unwanted Trilogy #1)
  • Royal Replicas (Royal Replicas, #1)
  • Once Gone (Riley Paige #1)
  • The Enemy of an Enemy (Lost Tales of Power, #1)
Morgan Rice is the #1 bestselling and USA Today bestselling author of the epic fantasy series THE SORCERER’S RING, comprising seventeen books; of the #1 bestselling series THE VAMPIRE JOURNALS, comprising twelve books; of the #1 bestselling series THE SURVIVAL TRILOGY, a post-apocalyptic thriller comprising three books; of the epic fantasy series KINGS AND SORCERERS, comprising six books; of the e ...more

The Survival Trilogy (3 books)
  • Arena Two (The Survival Trilogy, #2)
  • Arena 3 (The Survival Trilogy, #3)

News & Interviews

Nature, in Her infinite awesomeness, can provide solace even when you’re stuck in the house. As a matter of fact, the numbers suggest that...
“Surprise is your best weapon.” 1 likes
“Ocultarme no está en mi naturaleza, prefiero enfrentar las cosas de frente. Supongo” 0 likes