Start by marking “Talking to My Daughter About the Economy: A Brief History of Capitalism” as Want to Read:
Talking to My Daughter About the Economy: A Brief History of Capitalism

Talking to My Daughter About the Economy: A Brief History of Capitalism

4.10  ·  Rating details ·  9,577 ratings  ·  1,103 reviews

In Talking to My Daughter About the Economy, activist Yanis Varoufakis, Greece’s former finance minister and the author of the international bestseller Adults in the Room, pens a series of letters to his young daughter, educating her about the business, politics, and corruption of world economics.

Yanis Varoufakis has appeared before heads of nations, assemblies of experts

Published July 26th 2018 by Vintage (first published 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Talking to My Daughter About the Economy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Talking to My Daughter About the Economy

·  9,577 ratings  ·  1,103 reviews

Start your review of Talking to My Daughter About the Economy: A Brief History of Capitalism
Hallgrimur Oddsson
Það sem mér líkaði og líkaði ekki við bókina:

-Yanis Varoufakis útskýrir á mannamáli heilan helling af hagfræðikenningum.
-Hann er gjarn á að setja þessar kenningar fram eins og þær séu umdeildar (t.d. hvernig peningar verða til). Það skyldi ég ekki alveg.
-Bókin er væmin, oft skrifuð þannig að lesandinn er settur í hlutverk dóttur Yanis. Truflaði mig frekar mikið.
-Ég átti erfitt með að skilja fyrir hvern bókin nákvæmlega er. Lesendur Yanis eru líklegir til að vera áhugafólk um hagfræði og stjórnmá
Goodreads Librari...: Please merge this book 3 34 May 22, 2016 09:19PM

• Fiber Fueled: The Plant-Based Gut Health Program for Losing Weight, Restoring Your Health, and Optimizing Your Microbiome
  • The Climate Crisis and the Global Green New Deal: The Political Economy of Saving the Planet
  • Utopia for Realists: How We Can Build the Ideal World
  • How To Be Right… in a World Gone Wrong
  • Why I'm No Longer Talking to White People About Race
  • Democracy at Work: A Cure for Capitalism
  • Bullshit Jobs: A Theory
  • Prisoners of Geography: Ten Maps That Tell You Everything You Need to Know About Global Politics
  • The Establishment: And How They Get Away with It
  • 23 Things They Don't Tell You about Capitalism
  • The Divide: A Brief Guide to Global Inequality and its Solutions
  • Medvedi na putu
  • Problema Românească - O analiză a rasismului românesc
Autobiography:

Let me begin with a confession: I am a Professor of Economics who has never really trained as an economist. While I may have a PhD in Economics, I do not believe I have ever attended more than a few lectures on economics! But let's take things one at a time.

I was born in Athens back in the mists of 1961. Greece was, at the time, struggling to shed the post-civil war veil of totalitar

News & Interviews

“When economists insist that they too are scientists because they use mathematics, they are no different from astrologists protesting that they are just as scientific as astronomers because they also use computers and complicated charts.” 5 likes
“My reason for writing it was the conviction that the economy is too important to leave to the economists.” 5 likes