Start by marking “Reliable Fundraising in Unreliable Times: What Good Causes Need to Know to Survive and Thrive” as Want to Read:

Praise for Reliable Fundraising in Unreliable Times "Kim Klein has been a guru to social justice fundraisers for many years. She shows us by her efforts, and not just by her words, that it is possible to raise the money you need, no matter how marginal you feel or are considered in the larger society."
--Rinku Sen, executive director, Applied Research Center, New York, New
Published September 1st 2009 by Jossey-Bass (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Reliable Fundraising in Unreliable Times, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reliable Fundraising in Unreliable Times

Start your review of Reliable Fundraising in Unreliable Times: What Good Causes Need to Know to Survive and Thrive
Amy
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
The author initially alienated me with her focus on wealth distribution and tax reform. After all, I came for a book about fundraising, not whether or not to call an estate tax a "death tax." But, once I got past the first few chapters, I found the book extremely practical and informative. Lots of great content here, ranging from what to do in times of crisis to how to better prep board members. Definitely worth a perusal if you're interested in the topic. I would even consider buying.
Renee Rubin Ross
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Who is responsible for fundraising for non-profits? And how is it done?

Anyone who works for a non-profit organization or with a non-profit organization should read this book.

I've finished it but plan to buy it so I can use as a resource.

It would also be a great book to discuss with any non-profit Board.
Robert Hoggard
Jul 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An amazing text for fundraisers, especially within small nonprofits. Written in the 08’-09’ economic crisis, it can teach us lessons as we head for a second Great Depression. An awesome tool for a fundraiser to have in economic crisis.
April Helms
Jul 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, reference
I checked this book out as a potential source and inspiration for writing grants. I'm investigating grant writing to continue the computer classes I had been teaching. Not sure if it was good for that purpose, but it's an excellent book for those who work in the nonprofit sector. Klein has a very conversational writing style and her book is full of good advice, compiled from her years in working the nonprofit sector. For the most part I found myself nodding in agreement with her suggestions and ...more
Page
Jun 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Excellent overview of the field for nonprofits. I knew nothing about the subject and felt the material was interesting, well presented and offered a blueprint for the novice as well as those more experienced.
Katherine
Apr 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-profit
Excellent. Covered a lot of really good basics but organized in such a way that is good for more experienced fundraisers as well.

• Wicked Fox (Gumiho, #1)
  • The Little Lady Agency and the Prince (The Little Lady Agency, #3)
  • Once and for All
  • Closed Casket (New Hercule Poirot Mysteries, #2)
  • Mistress of Mellyn
  • Tightrope (Burning Cove, #3)
  • Grant Writing For Dummies
  • Auntie Poldi and the Sicilian Lions
  • Thornyhold
  • Keep Moving: And Other Truths About Living Well Longer
  • My Lucky Life in and Out of Show Business
  • Emily and the Scot (The MacLaughlins, #2)
  • The Big Kahuna (Fox and O'Hare #6)