Start by marking “Realizing the Power of Now” as Want to Read:
Realizing the Power of Now

Realizing the Power of Now

Perhaps you can recall a time when you felt more alive than at any other moment--when you had a sudden recognition of beauty, a feeling of deep contentment, and a sense of connection with life greater than you had ever thought possible. And then, this fleeting moment was gone. What if you could recapture that remarkable opening, and make it a consistent way of living in ...more
Audio CD, 6 pages
Published April 1st 2003 by Sounds True

Start your review of Realizing the Power of Now
Hallie
Mar 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
I read about half of The Power of Now, and knew there was an enormous amount of wisdom in it, but found it a bit hard going at point. Then I saw this audiobook, and listened to a bit and was hooked. It's generally wonderful, and by far the easiest to 'get' material on mindfulness I've come across. (Not that my experience is that great, admittedly.) Instead of saying how many minutes a day one should sit in this type of position and so on, Tolle gently points out how daft the manner in which we ...more
Jonathan
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great audio! Tolle has a voice and a calming presence about him that fits perfectly with his message, which is to completely focus on being present and to live in the moment. The concepts presented here sound simple and easy, but once you take them to heart and try them it can be very difficult. But like with anything worthwhile, time and effort will reap its own reward! Wonderful!
Adam John
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
A very powerful book focused on practicing mindfulness and learning how to be happy with your life. I read this at a time when I needed it most, and I will remember its lessons for the rest of my life.

Only reason I didn't give it five stars was how it seemed to shift back-and-forth between helpful material and New Age rhetoric. I'm not afraid to admit that sometimes I simply did not understand what the author was trying to convey.
Kathy
Aug 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Got it on audio. Tolle has a soothing voice that helps one relax.
Mark
Aug 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
These guideposts lead to a very real truth. Eckhart Tolle's message never gets old.
Mabel Katz
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
All we have is the present moment, but we are always regretting our past or worrying about our future. I loved this book, because I found out that Ho'oponopono brings us back to the present, moment by moment.
Chirag
Mar 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Power of Now is my Eternal Tao...
my all time favorite
Danica
Jul 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Heard this one on cd. Good, if you jive with the vibe. I personally love this.
Eugenie
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help
Con
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Classic Eckhart. So great to listen to this book over and over, great encouragement to understand how important it is to live now. now. now.
Not what may be, or what was...as then we live in our minds. The freedom of living in this moment is glorious!
Mary Montgomery
Apr 11, 2019 rated it did not like it
Audio book. Definitely not for listening to in the car! Didn't get far because it did not mesh with my belief system. It's divided into chapters and I may have liked some of them. Presented as a series of chapters from a seminar given by the author. The man has a meditation voice and tone.
Lisa Solko
Oct 08, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a good introduction to Eckhart Tolle as it provides audio of one of his seminars. It is not as in-depth as his books but still gets into his ideas of space consciousness and being in tune with the inner body instead of consuming the mind with thinking about the past or future.
Debra Weisberg
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This audio book came to me right when I needed it after several months of anxiety.
Karie Rogers
May 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
I found this book a little odd. I just didn’t get it but maybe it’s just me. Yes calming voice and good audio but i think it must have gone over my head!
Gladys
Nov 15, 2019 added it
Presence is Key. Now is the Key.
Carol
Jul 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Very wordy and repetitive. Perhaps I wasn't in the mood...show me the condensed version!
Alaura
Aug 17, 2019 rated it did not like it
I listened to the audio book and I could not finish it because the individual doing the voice was creepy in his presentation and I felt like Charles Mason was telling how to meditate.
Tara Bowling
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
every word this man speaks is magic... This book is from a retreat in Vancouver.
David Rowe
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed hearing words that aligned with my thinking and was thrilled by learning subtle wisdom throughout, along with practical examples to drive home thoughts. Set on fast speech mode while driving between cities so I could focus on the words and ideas as opposed to relaxing. Thank you.
Rosa Victoria
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. I am usually quite critical of the smug nature of the self help genre and the vomit-inducing "feel the love" message, however I found much of the advice in here to be quite interesting. One let down was the opening, in which the obligatory "spiritual enlightenment" is described... during which the author had a middle of the night epiphany and was overcome with happiness and joy. This made me say "oh for god's sake". Nevertheless, I soldiered on, because the central ...more
Ulyana Shipitko
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I found Tolle's teachings on spirituality quite useful and applicable to the modern-day life. He combines many "old truths" in a simple way and his notion of pain-body in both collective and personal unconsciousness does make a lot of sense. But some things he is talking about can be really misleading. I would not recommend the book to the teenagers or people who are not familiar with the basics of Buddhism, spirituality, etc.
ۛ
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kevin Summers
Sep 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult
Sample quote on the topic of the differentiation of "sign posts" to spiritual truth: "Many spiritual seekers get stuck there. ... They want a more differentiated sign post and that is satisfying to the mind, but there is a point when the sign post needs to be enough. Further explanation will not get you there. A more elaborate sign post will not get you there. Some teachings are very simple."
Shreyas Saxena
Jul 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: spirituality
I found the book a bit dense, and took my time to read it. It has amazing lessons of wisdom from Eckhart in each chapter. I was not knowing the book is also available in the form of an audio book, as it might be a better option; given that Eckhart has a wonderful voice with a husky smile :).

DianeK Klu
Mar 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
ᗪEᔕᑭEᖇᗩTEᒪY ᑎEEᗪEᗪ TᕼIᔕ TO GET ᗰE ᗷᗩᑕK TO TᕼE ᑭᖇEᔕEᑎT ᗰOᗰEᑎT. TᕼᗩᑎK YOᑌ EᑕᕼᗩᖇT. KEEᑭ ᑌᑭ TᕼE GOOᗪ ᗯOᖇK.
Janice Toole
Apr 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Excellent for everyone
Kimberly
Jun 16, 2015 rated it did not like it
Not my kind of book.
Laura Enid Cruz
Nov 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Very interesting book, Give instruments to you for work, to help to understand things in life and how can you be prepare to be a better person.
Joseph
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a must read book.
Abhishek
Oct 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Nice book. Brings u from the dreams to reality

• You Are Here: Discovering the Magic of the Present Moment
  • Talking Across the Divide: How to Communicate with People You Disagree with and Maybe Even Change the World
  • Head Strong: The Bulletproof Plan to Boost Brainpower, Increase Focus, and Maximize Performance-in Just Two Weeks
  • Gratitude Daily
  • The Bulletproof Diet: Lose up to a Pound a Day, Reclaim Energy and Focus, Upgrade Your Life
  • Double Your Profits: In Six Months or Less
  • Write It Down, Make It Happen: Knowing What You Want And Getting It
  • Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World
  • Stop Doing That Sh*t: End Self-Sabotage and Demand Your Life Back
  • Mythology: A Captivating Guide to Greek Mythology, Egyptian Mythology, Norse Mythology, Celtic Mythology and Roman Mythology
  • No B.S. Direct Marketing: The Ultimate No Holds Barred Kick Butt Take No Prisoners Direct Marketing for Non-Direct Marketing Businesses
  • No B.S. Time Management for Entrepreneurs: The Ultimate No Holds Barred Kick Butt Take No Prisoners Guide to Time Productivity and Sanity
  • In the Land of the Living
  • Unfu*k Yourself Workbook
  • Behold a Pale Horse
  • The Twelfth Insight: The Hour of Decision (Celestine Prophecy, #4)
  • Play Bigger: How Pirates, Dreamers, and Innovators Create and Dominate Markets
  • The Robert Collier Letter Book
Eckhart Tolle , born Ulrich Leonard Tolle, February 16, 1948, is a German-born writer, public speaker, and spiritual teacher. The New York Times has called him "the most popular spiritual author in the nation". He is the author of the bestsellers "The Power of Now" and "A New Earth".
Tolle had an unhappy childhood in Germany and Spain. His depression reached its peak during early adulthood in
“Whatever you accept completely, you go beyond...If you fight it, you're stuck with it.” 18 likes