Start by marking “Flash to the Core: An Interactive Sketchbook by Joshua Davis” as Want to Read:
Flash to the Core: An Interactive Sketchbook by Joshua Davis

Flash to the Core: An Interactive Sketchbook by Joshua Davis

Creativity, design and coding secrets from one of the hottest Flash talents in the world.
Published July 24th 2002 by New Riders Publishing (first published April 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Flash to the Core, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flash to the Core

Start your review of Flash to the Core: An Interactive Sketchbook by Joshua Davis
Guy
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was one of the most influential books ever in my career as a software developer. I started out as a designer with an art background but was always interested in programming. This book was just the kind of kick I needed to become really interested in learning Flash back in the day.

Flash's prime has come and gone and it is clearly on the way out now since it does not have mobile support, but I spent a lot of my career working with it and it is in no small part thanks to this great book.
Nathan
Aug 30, 2007 rated it liked it
This is a great book for starting out with Flash. Davis really knows what he's doing and is able to explain concepts well. My one quibble is that at times his actionscript instructions had minor errors, which, for a first-time actionscripter, can really make you scratch your head. I would imagine that this is not Davis's problem so much as a the publisher/editor's, but it's gotta be accurate. I noticed that the tutorial files that one can download online were acurate, and as such, did not have t ...more
Matt McClard
Mar 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Joshua Davis is easily my all time favorite designer/artist. This book was amazing. It was written in a simple and easy language that helped me approach Flash in a new way. I still use the things I learned in this book, now almost 6 years later. I hope that he puts out some more books, but he is busy making awesome machines.

JoshuaDavis.com