Start by marking “The Someday List (Jubilant Soul #1)” as Want to Read:
The Someday List (Jubilant Soul #1)

The Someday List

(Jubilant Soul #1)

Rachelle Covington has it all. A fabulous home, a handsome and prestigious husband, two beautiful children, and a place in the upper crust that's quite comfortable. But her life is not all it's cracked up to be. When her husband goes away on business trip and the kids are sent off to the grandparents for a month, Rachelle takes up the challenge of a dying friend to start a ...more
Published January 1st 2009 by Fleming H. Revell Company

To ask other readers questions about The Someday List, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Someday List

Start your review of The Someday List (Jubilant Soul #1)
Rhonda McKnight
Feb 08, 2009 rated it really liked it
“Someday” I'm going to give Stacy Hawkins Adams a big hug for writing this awesome story. While I acknowledge the Lord inspires Christian Fiction authors, the artist is one who actually toils to bring the work to the pages of a book. Stacy Hawkins Adams efforts were not in vain. The characters of Rachelle and Gabe Covington, Aunt Irene and Melba, Uncle Charles and Troy reminded me of people in my own life. They were real family and friends that I loved, and rooted for as I turned each and every ...more
Natasha B
May 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a really good book! Wanted to stand up and clap at the end! I like the way the author tied real problems that ALL people, even Christians, face in everyday life. None of the characters were perfect, but by God's grace, were overcomers, allowing God to pull down strongholds in their lives. If we were really real with others about what we go through, there would be a great move of healing - spiritually, physically, and mentally. Great, inspiring read!
Victoria
Oct 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was an Emotionalllll read but a Great One also.. A second story line just caught me off guard and it's timing.... Well Gods Grace.. A definite unearned Gift from God.... Well Done
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
This may have been my first book by Adams but it won’t be my last! In fact, I’m already wishing the next two books in the series were available to read on Kindle Unlimited like The Someday List is.

One thing I loved the most about this story was that Adams spared no one when it came to flaws, some hidden beneath the surface and others more obvious. From devoted believers to prodigals and every level in between, the characters in The Someday List present an authentic picture of the struggle to
Pam
May 02, 2012 rated it it was ok
As with all inspirationals there's a religious message woven throughout this story, it's just not as subtle as in others in this category. That means if obvious references to God and scripture bothers you, this book definitely isn't for you. Anyway, back to the book...

The life of our main character, Rachelle, is in crisis. Her marriage is falling apart because she's dissatisfied with her life and her husband's cheating. I really wasn't certain how the author was going to resolve her problems.
Nadine Keels
May 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Apart from her heart surgeon husband, two young children she loves, and her rather privileged lifestyle, Rachelle Covington isn't exactly sure who she is or what she truly wants for herself. Her journey to figuring it out, and dealing with her past, begins in The Someday List by author Stacy Hawkins Adams.

I can tell how much I'm enjoying a novel when, at some point or another, I hear myself as I read: hear myself laughing, hear myself gasping, hear myself talking back to a character who needs to
Victor Muthoka
Mar 19, 2014 rated it liked it
I must admit I rolled my eyes too many times while reading this one. I'm a guy & this is a rather girlish read so, yeah.

Rachelle is wife to Gabe, a star surgeon & they seem to have it all: the money, cars, social notoriety & great friends. But beneath the facade, their marriage is crumbling. Rachelle goes to her home town after attending her friend (who's only got weeks left due to breast cancer) to figure her life out. Meeting her long lost love while in her home town throws
Shauntay
Jan 21, 2010 is currently reading it
I can't wait for this book to arrive in the mail. Just reading the exerpt has me on the edge of my seat...
Christie
Apr 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Awesome book about living on purpose and forgiveness. I highly recommend this for those who feel stuck and need some inspiration to get motivated.
Tammy Sanders-Beasley
Aug 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Good book. I just didn't like the way it ended.
Kathy Gold
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, I may not be as impressed as others with this story. A woman in an clearly high end life,she had been married for 11 years to a her husband who is now a much sought after surgeon. Providing her a lifestyle of luxury. She had 2 wonderful children and needs for nothing,living a Christian life.
Yeah..So husband goes off on a medical conference,then to Uganda on a Mission trip AND yes kids to grandparents for a month :-( hhmm. Ok So she Rachelle visits a friend from youth,in LA Jillian who is
Vondetta Carter
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What do you do when your husband takes you for granted and often seems to ignore you and your feelings? What do you do when you run across your 1st husband who you divorced but "know" you still have feelings for? How do you confront the fact you seem to have lost who you are versus your roles as wife, mother, daughter and friend?
Rachelle has to answer all these questions and more quickly. She gets an invitation to see her best friend from childhood to find out she is dying. Rachelle begins to
Michelle Oladapo
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
Interesting story about finding God in the midst trials; faith and forgiveness. I'd prefer it if the gospel was presented more explicitly, if at all, especially since the book talked slot about how to become a Christian. However very good story line that had me eager to read more, which is probably why I read it so quickly. Would I recommend? Probably not, as I feel it would confuse some people regarding how one comes to Christ.
Hyacinth
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved the book but I didn't really like the ending. I loved all of the characters but I was mad at Gabe. I haven't been fully delivered so I would have been out. I felt sorry for Troy and Rachelle's parents were a bit much. I believe the story was realistic and I like that the "religion" wasn't over the top. I was looking to see what would happen when Gabe got back from Uganda. Maybe another story?
Teri Pre
Mar 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads
Well, it wasn't a BAD book, but 40 year-olds were acting like young teens and 60 year-olds were treating them as such. The Christian part was too much "tell" and not enough "show". (And yes, I know that the characters were finding their way.)
Denise
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Make a list

This story grabbed me with the bucket list subject. Something I 've worked on over the years. There was much more to the story than a simple list. Inspiring to seek God and self, this bookmarked you think about life and what you have.
girlbookster
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really like the style and the way the stories I fooled through the book. Not what I expected but I loved it all at the same time. Loved he nuggets of wisdom share throughout this book too. Love me some Christian fiction! Definitely worth the read.
Monique
Jan 24, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a decent story but I needed a lot more from the ending. All the issues was tied up pretty quickly and I got the impression that it wont be brought back up in the next book. But I will read the next book anyway because my OCD won't let me turn away!!!
Aaron Jackson
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspiring

Ms. Adams did an outstanding job showing the love and reconciliation of Jesus Christ. I look forward to seeing the Covingtons grow together in Christ.
Jessica Dawn
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Powerful

A great read. Excellent storyline. Real life issues. The characters where definitely on point. I would recommend. Enjoy your reading
Betty Roche
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book

Loved it. Great for any age, and especially for married couples going thru a tough situation! God bless the publication of the book. Thank you
Tiffany Tinkham-Graves
Good characters but boring storyline

I chose 2 because it has good characters but i just couldn't keep my interest in the story itself. Unfortunately i didn't finish this one.
Sandra Barnett
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great job

This story described so many emotions women feel when in a difficulty marriage. It was good how the problems were addressed.
A. Mercedes
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was intriguing from the beginning to the end, I read it in a few day. It shows the glory of God.
Katrina Burchett
Feb 28, 2009 rated it really liked it
Rachelle and Gabe Covington have been married eleven years. Rachelle had everything she could possibly want as far as material things, but she longed for something more meaningful. Tired of being in the presence of a man who just didn’t get it, she left Houston, TX and took a trip to San Diego; her childhood friend, Jillian, had requested her presence. The reason for the invite was a sad one, however, Rachelle was sure of one thing when she left – It was time to figure out who she was and what ...more
Arlena
Title: The Someday List
Author: Stacy Hawkins Adams
Publisher: Fleming H. Revell Company
Jubilant Soul Book 1
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: 5
Review:

"The Someday List" by Stacy Hawkins Adams...

"Rachelle Covington has it all. A fabulous home, a handsome and prestigious husband, two beautiful children, and a place in the upper crust that's quite comfortable. But her life is not all it's cracked up to be. When her husband goes away on business trip and the kids are sent off to the grandparents for a
Child960801
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novels
A Christian novel about a trophy wife who isn't happy with her life and starts to look at what she is living for after receiving the news that a dear friend is dying.
Nardsbaby Reader
Mar 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010-reads
Mistakes and Missteps

Rachelle Covington is a wife and mother, who, while she enjoys the amenities of her life, is wondering about the what ifs. With the children off to spend the summer with her parents, it seems as if she and her husband, Gabe, are virtual strangers. Sure she knows everything about him, but does he know anything about her? For that matter, does Rachelle know anything about herself?

Gabe is off to a medical conference and then on a mission trip to Africa. Rachelle can’t wait as
Jana
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice read

Great story and reminders about the importance of perspective, relationships and being true to self. Easy read. Simple story line about real life issues.
LaShawn
Feb 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own-kindle
My review from Amazon.com:

Amidst so much that's wrong in the world (and in literature), it was refreshing to finally read this book that had been resting in my Kindle for 2 years or more.

The Someday List is the story of Rachelle and her journey of discovery, realizing her future, and reconciling her past. She is a woman in need of healing and self-acceptance and a seat (so she'll stop running!). We meet her when she is at a crossroads and dealing with relationship issues with her husband, her
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Tropical Kiss and Tell
  • Midnight Son
  • Empire of Sin: A Story of Sex, Jazz, Murder, and the Battle for Modern New Orleans
  • The Twin Towers (Time Tunnel, #1)
  • To Be Devoured
  • Letters From The Looney Bin (Book 1)
  • Christmas In The Highlands
  • Someone to Honor (Westcott, #6)
  • Boost Your Confidence Through Motorcycling: A Woman’s Guide to Being Your Best Self On and Off the Bike
  • The Poison in All of Us (Emmie McAllister Mysteries, #1)
  • Death by the Light of the Moon (Claire Malloy, #7)
  • Just Love Me
  • Collateral Damage (Danger Never Sleeps, #1)
  • Saving Gideon (Clover Ridge #1)
  • The Mermaid and the Bear
  • Pregnant in Pennsylvania
  • Nefarious 2 (Mitch Black Series)
  • Love In Touch
Stacy Hawkins Adams is an award-winning journalist, author and essayist who invites readers to explore life's truths through entertaining fiction and thought-provoking nonfiction.

In late 2019, she released a book of original quotes and inspirational musings titled "Abound! Principles for Next Level Living."

Her 9 novels feature themes of personal growth, faith and forgiveness, grit and hope.

Jubilant Soul (3 books)
  • Worth a Thousand Words (Jubilant Soul #2)
  • Dreams That Won't Let Go (Jubilant Soul #3)
“The key is to figure out how God can effectively use you where you're planted now, regardless of how you got there. ” 12 likes