Start by marking “Finding Seguridad (Buscando Home, #2)” as Want to Read:
Finding Seguridad (Buscando Home, #2)

Finding Seguridad (Buscando Home, #2)

Tagline:
How do you feel safe when chaos is ever-present?

Book Summary:

Eight-year old Emanuel and his mother, Ana, had finally begun to understand what it meant to be a family when a domestic violence situation caused them to flee their home. Now they need to start over, this time with things more dangerous than ever.

Carlos’ life, as he knew it, was ripped away from him in
Published November 1st 2020

To ask other readers questions about Finding Seguridad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Seguridad

Start your review of Finding Seguridad (Buscando Home, #2)
Raelee Carpenter
Aug 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Allison's books are always hits with me, and Finding Seguridad was no exception. I'm already waiting for the next one! ...more
Lydia Catherine
Aug 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
As someone with c-ptsd from dv exposure (with other aces too) as a child, I think Allison does an amazing job of describing the inner workings of a trauma survivor's mind. ...more
Sally
Aug 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Finding Seguridad-which means security or safety, is an authentic story of Ana and Emmanuel’s plight, from physical violence to finding faith in the midst of your battles. Allison’s writing draws the reader into the characters’ lives. I love how she presents what happens or affects a group of people in a way that opens my eyes to what they face on a daily basis that I don’t think or know about. When I took diversity classes, I called it unintentional obliviousness. I didn’t know others faced thi ...more
Brenda S.
I love this series by Allison Garcia. Her characters are people you may know or see in your neighborhood, church, school - anywhere!

Her plot lines remind me of Upton Sinclair's novel "The Jungle". You root for the hero/heroine and hope for the best for them. With lots of societal and emotional problems to deal with, you're just not sure how things will get resolved.

This book for me made me feel like I was among friends. I found myself lingering toward the end of the book knowing that it was a cl
Karina Vazquez
Oct 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Allison has a style of writing that makes you feel as if you were one of the characters, as a Hispanic with a mental illness, it resonated with me on a level that not any other book could.
Maria Zehr
Dec 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
She's done it again -- Garcia has written a great squeal for the Buscando Home series. She tackles so many issues and weaves them seamlessly throughout her different characters. I appreciate the thread of Christian principles that are in all of her writing. Of course, there is a major cliff hanger at the end and now I cannot wait for the third book! ...more
C.D. Gill
Oct 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Timely, honest, and challenging in the best way. A mother fights to keep herself and her son from abuse. A couple questions everything they've been taught. A boy wrestles with guilt and doubt.

We can feel these emotions at the core of our humanity. These characters are very relatable.

• The John Milton Series: Books 4-6 (John Milton #4-6)
  • A Place to Stand
  • The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse
  • The City of Ember (Book of Ember, #1)
  • The One and Only Bob
  • The Ones We Choose
  • Green Christmas: Little changes that bring joy and help the planet
  • Fighting Words
  • True to Me (By the Sea, #1)
  • Go South to Freedom
  • 12 Tiny Things: Simple Ways to Live a More Intentional Life
  • The People of Sparks (Book of Ember, #2)
  • Prairie Lotus
  • Incriminating Evidence (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery, #2)
  • The Chicken Sisters
  • The Lazy Genius Way: Embrace What Matters, Ditch What Doesn't, and Get Stuff Done
  • I've Got Your Number
  • Chokehold: Policing Black Men
Allison K. Garcia is a Licensed Professional Counselor, but she has wanted to be a writer ever since she could hold a pencil. She is a member of Shenandoah Valley Writers, Author Transformation Alliance, Virginia Writers Club, and is Municipal Liaison for Shenandoah Valley NaNoWriMo.

Allison’s short story, “At Heart,” was published in the Winter 2013 edition of From the Depths literary magazine, al

News & Interviews