Start by marking “The Iron Raven (The Iron Fey: Evenfall, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Iron Raven (The Iron Fey: Evenfall, #1)

The Iron Raven

(The Iron Fey: Evenfall #1)

You may have heard of me...

Robin Goodfellow. Puck. Prankster, joker, raven, fool… King Oberon’s right-hand jester from A Midsummer Night’s Dream. The legends are many, but the truth will now be known as never before, as Puck finally tells his own story and faces a threat to the lands of Faery and the human world unlike any before.

With the Iron Queen Meghan Chase and her pr
Audible Audio
Published February 9th 2021 by Harlequin Audio

To ask other readers questions about The Iron Raven, please sign up.
Alisha White The Iron Raven is a continuation, but from Puck's (Robin Goodfellow) point of view as a new threat comes to the Iron Kingdom. Meghan is in part of the…moreThe Iron Raven is a continuation, but from Puck's (Robin Goodfellow) point of view as a new threat comes to the Iron Kingdom. Meghan is in part of the novel, and there's some back story of the conflicts bw Puck and Ash. (less)
Tiffany I think the reason for why this book already is being rated is due to a few reasons. Either it's because people have gotten advanced reader copies or …moreI think the reason for why this book already is being rated is due to a few reasons. Either it's because people have gotten advanced reader copies or people are rating it five stars for the nostalgia or they like the author's previous work.

To my knowledge, the author hasn't disgraced herself yet and rated her own book five stars. I get a little more than annoyed whenever I see an author do that, lol. (less)

Start your review of The Iron Raven (The Iron Fey: Evenfall, #1)
Natalie Monroe
“I could see my reflection in her gaze, the horns jutting out of my hair, the slightly feral look that seemed normal for me now. My heartbeat picked up, and my mouth went dry as this deadly, confident, beautiful assassin held my gaze without fear.”

I initially rated this 3 stars, but the more I thought about it, the angrier I got, so buckle in your seatbelts.

Me to The Iron Raven:

I'm too mad to structure this properly, so this will just be a list of thoughts/things that infuriated me:

-Why another
Angelica
At this point, authors are just taking advantage of our nostalgia. But you know what? I'm ok with that. I have been waiting for my main-man Puck, AKA: Robin Goodfellow, AKA: one-of-my-favorite-characters-of-all-time-and-forever, to get his book, and after a whole decade of waiting, he finally did.

That said, after I read it, I up the book down, stared into the emptiness and had no idea what I even thought about it. I've been postponing my review for days because I don't know what to say.

Did I e
Lia Carstairs
"A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

Wait, hold up. Wrong story."

3 stars for the actual story and that extra star is for all the Ash scenes I was blessed with🥺

yes, I know this is Puck's book but...there was also Ash *swoooon*

First thing's first -- The Iron Raven is a spin-off of the The Iron Fey series, so while you don't necessarily have to read that before this, I highly recommend it!!

There's a recap of all that's happened in the other two series, so that'll mean sp
megs_bookrack
Oct 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs-read
**4.5-stars**

The Iron Raven is the first installment of a new trilogy set in the world of Julie Kagawa's, Iron Fey series.

There have been seven previous full-length novels, as well as a handful of novellas, in this series. This is the first to feature Robin Goodfellow, aka Puck, as the narrator.

I must confess, I have never read any of the Iron Fey novels. In spite of that, I still had a ton of fun reading this story and loved all of the characters. Kagawa did an incredible job making this access
♠ TABI⁷ ♠
literally shrieked loud enough to terrify my cat when I saw this BUT GUYS THE SERIES THAT INTRODUCED ME TO FAERIE STORIES AS A THING IS MAKING A COMEBACK NO I CANNOT BE CALM ABOUT THIS

ESPECIALLY SINCE THIS SERIES IS ABOUT MY BOY PUCK AAAAAHHHHHAFSGWHWHAHAJWHWGSGAGAGWGDHSJAKWLDJAJQHSHASGDJ

COVERCOVERCOVERCOVERCOVER
I mean it's not as fantastic as I thought it would be bUT WE GOT A COVERRRRRRRRRRRRRR
WinterRose
Oct 16, 2019 marked it as to-read
More Ash? More Puck? YES.

No Ethan please.
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.My opinion of this brand-new series will differ vastly from the many fans of the Iron Fey world. As you know based on my review of Shadow’s Legacy, I am an Iron Fey newbie so I am looking at this world through a fresh pair of eyes and by golly I had a wonderful experience.

The story followed the events in Shadow’s Legacy. The land of the Fey is at risk. Something
Dali
HAPPY BOOK BIRTHDAY

Facts: The Iron Raven is book #1 of the Iron Fey: Evenfall series by Julie Kagawa. This book is a spin-off of the Iron Fey series. It is told from Puck’s point of view and ends with a resolved ending an intro to the next book. Genres: Fantasy Young Adult | Folklore adaptation

Julie Kagawa launches her new Fantasy YA series, Iron Fey: Evenfall with this tale of famous trickster and the beautiful fey assassin who has captured his attention.
“Fine. Sit down, get some popco
Maja  - BibliophiliaDK ✨
AN EXAMPLE OF HOW HYPOCRITICAL I CAN BE:

*Me, whenever Cassandra Clare releases a new Shadowhunter series*: Is that woman incapable of writing something original? Why doesn't she branch out and do something new? Stretch herself a bit?

*Me, whenever Julie Kagawa releases a new Iron Fey series*: OMG! I am so excited, I need this now!! 😍😍

MiraC
Nov 26, 2019 marked it as to-read
Update 3.22.20: So I just went on the book’s page on the Harlequin website and found THIS LOVELY BLURB!!!!!

Synopsis
Wicked faeries and fantastic danger… Welcome to book one of the new trilogy in New York Times bestselling author Julie Kagawa’s Iron Fey fantasy series, as infamous prankster Puck finally has a chance to tell his story and stand with allies new and old to save Faery and the world. For fans of Holly Black and Cassandra Clare!

“YOU MAY HAVE HEARD OF ME…”

Robin Goodfellow. Puck. Prankst
Mara YA Mood Reader
I’m not a big fan of Kagawa (too cheesy and juvenile) but I’m desperate for more Faeries and I hope she’s improved since the 2010’s!!
Delirious Disquisitions
OMFG its Puck's story!!!! You don't even know how fucking excited I am!!! The Iron Fey stories were basically some of my favorite books when I was a teenager. I loved these characters and I loved Puck the most and I cannot tell you how happy I am that he's finally getting his HEA!!! *pterodactyl screaming* ...more
Ayman
Feb 08, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i was lucky to review an ARC for this book from ink yard press and i really enjoyed it. ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN.
The Iron Raven series is the first book in the spinoff series to the Iron King series. you don’t have to read one to understand the other but I encourage it. This takes place in the point of view of Robin Goodfellow- basically the famous prankster in all the the realms. He journeys with new found friends and old to track down a monster that’s been wreaking havoc in the world of the fey
Jessica Reads It
Tricia
Jan 28, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The nostalgia was strong with this one. As I'm sure many readers will be able to relate to, I read the og Iron Fey books yearrrssss ago and I loved them.

I was pretty excited for Puck finally getting his time in the spotlight but I had yet to read the trilogy between the two with Ethan and Keirran so I quickly tried to fit those in before starting this one. I'm glad I did as it filled in many gaps. Kagawa does a fine job breifly recapping so you won't be lost if you haven't read them but the expe
Taschima
"I felt a tiny prick of gleeful satisfaction. There was so much I hadn't done in many, many years; maybe it was time to remind everyone, Iron Fey included, why Robin Goodfellow was a faery you did not want to cross."

Julie Kagawa has done it AGAIN.

description

I am so giddy, because The Iron Raven was just perfection. We get to go back to the world of the Iron Fey, meet up with all of our favorite characters, explore some old hurts, meet new interesting characters, and FURTHER explore this magical world.
Kelly⁷
May 02, 2020 marked it as to-read
So... (looks at the date) 2021, eh?

Update 11.09.2020:

WE HAVE COVER AND TITLE AND OMG?

I read the original trilogy when I was 12-ish in 2011!!! I LOVED ASH SO MUCH!!!!!!
So, now I will be reading The Iron Fey again because nostalgia is a bitch. Also, I never read Ethan's books (IT'S AMAZING THAT I REMEMBER THE NAMES, YOU GUYS!) and maybe I will give it a try, but as a rule, I hate spin-offs.

2012 is making its comeback, I'm excited.
Kilikina
Dec 25, 2019 marked it as to-read
I don’t know how I feel about this. I’m equally excited and equally terrified
Maggie ☘
Aug 22, 2020 marked it as tbr-highly-interested  ·  review of another edition
AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did not know this was going to be a thing! The Iron Fey was one of my very much old-time favourie series so I'm definitely going to revisit it again and read this. Love the cover too. ...more
anna grace
ANDMGJSHXHD I NEED THIS THIS SERIES WAS MY FIRST LOVE
Sanne ♔ (Sanne and the Books)
2021?? pure torture, that's what it is. ...more
Marlene
Feb 15, 2020 marked it as to-read
This better be about my PUCK. I dropped the series because I loved him too much & did not want to see him hurt any longer.
Nikita
Updated February 18, 2021:
Review to come soon

Updated June 22, 2020:
It has a cover!

I want it!

Updated October 14, 2019
A another Iron Fey book? Happy!

Give Me! Give Me!
Luna✮MyOwnBookAdventures✮
Puck is getting his own book!?!!!!

I repeat:

PUCK IS GETTING HIS OWN BOOOOOOK
Danielle (always_read_the_end_first)
Soooo much and so little to say. Puck gets his own story. I find find very repetitive and juvenile. I adore Kieran and the assassin. The book does end on a cliffhanger but I do think I’ll continue. I read the first book of the iron fey and it was okay but again I didn’t continue.
Maya
Jan 26, 2021 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
dnfing for two reasons:
1. haven't read the iron fey series
2. really not liking puck or his first person perspective
Nicki Markus
Nov 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Iron Raven was an enjoyable fantasy adventure tale. I came to this book without having finished the Iron Fey series (I only read book one). In some ways that wasn't an issue. The promo for this book says it can be read as a standalone series, and I certainly had no trouble following the story. However, I did remember some of the characters, and there were frequent references to events in the past. Enough was explained that you didn't need further knowledge of them, but I do think that having ...more
Duanur
Sep 29, 2020 marked it as to-read
I can't believe Puck aka the best character in the Iron Fey series is finally getting his own series. Waited too long for this. ...more
Aida
3,5

Thank you to edelweiss and the publisher (inkyardpress) for the ARC.

1. English
2. Español

I haven't read the Iron Fey series so I was kind of confused at the beginning of the book but I have to say that the author explains everything you need to know and I found it easy to understand. I do think that you need to read the other books to feel more attached to some characters, but either way I enjoyed all of them.

Like Nyx I don’t know the reputation of Robin Goodfellow, I just know Puck. In this
Isla and Maya
Jan 29, 2021 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-maya-s
The Iron Raven
Author: Julie Kagawa
Genre: YA Fantasy
Rating: ⭐️ / 5
Reviewed: Maya

[Trigger Warning: I did not read enough to have a complete list and found none online, so please look through different reviews]

- PLEASE BE AWARE THAT I DID NOT FINISH THIS BOOK -
When I saw this on Netgalley, I was so excited because it was advertised as a new series and it was by an author that bookstagram raves about constantly. After my approval for the book, I searched it up online and was confused to see it was
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Preorder Campaigns: The Iron Raven by 2/8/21 1 4 Jan 12, 2021 12:44PM
Collecting Books: The Iron Raven 1 2 Jan 08, 2021 05:06PM

• This Golden Flame
  • The Witch King (The Witch King, #1)
  • The Russian Cage
  • Trial by Fae (Dragon's Gift: The Dark Fae  #1)
  • Gods & Monsters (Serpent & Dove, #3)
  • Revenge of the Sluts
  • The Four Winds
  • We Could Be Heroes
  • The Future Is Yours
  • Verona Comics
  • I Killed Zoe Spanos
  • The Young Elites (The Young Elites, #1)
  • The Survivors
  • Prince of Hearts (Verona Legacy, #1)
  • White Stag (Permafrost, #1)
  • The Inheritance Games (The Inheritance Games, #1)
  • A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire (Blood and Ash, #2)

The Iron Fey: Evenfall (2 books)
  • The Iron Sword (The Iron Fey: Evenfall, #2)

Articles featuring this book

“Plan is a four-letter word. I do my
best work on the fly. Besides...” I shrugged “...my best laid plans always
seem to backfire on me, so better not to have any to begin with.”
0 likes