Start by marking “Shattered Figurine” as Want to Read:
Shattered Figurine

Shattered Figurine

Detective Josephine Naylor receives an email telling her where to find the last body. The messenger tells her "only you can stop this madness". Discovering a shattered figurine on the corpse, she's overwhelmed by the possibility it might be the one she sold in a yard sale. If so, she knows who the killer could be. She prays that she's wrong. ...more
Published September 15th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Shattered Figurine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shattered Figurine

Start your review of Shattered Figurine
James Fisher
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Allan Hudson's eBook The Shattered Figurine shows that a good mystery-thriller can be written in the short fiction format. Of course, the timeline is condensed to move the story along quickly, but all the action is here, and action is what Mr. Hudson excels at. Detective Jo Naylor and her partner Detective Constable Adam Thorpe are given the green light to go rogue and find a trio of killers who are out to kill them as well. Can't buy a better thrill for the price of a coffee and a donut! ...more
Linda Nilsson-
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well, I just finished your book.. you've described it so well, I could very much feel the emotions that goes along with most incidents... I enjoyed the humorous parts too, a few surprises also! I love detective movies/books.
The chilling ending suggests another follow up book.. would that be an accurate guess?
Thanks so much for enjoying the share of your imagination, I thoroughly enjoyed Shattered Figurine! ... stay with it, you certainly have the talent 👏👏👏 Cheers 🍷🍾🍷
Sandra Bunting
Shattered Figurine examines one of the worst revelations a police detective might uncover, and how it leads to actions that send that officer into exile. Allan Hudson is not frightened to look into the complex, dark, evil side of humanity but he equally shines a light onto those who try, however difficult, to do something about it, to make this world a better place.
Suzanne Bourgeois-Casey
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I never get bored when reading an Allan Hudson book. Shattered Figurine is no exception. I enjoyed the development of the story. Especially the characters, both physically and emotionally. Bonus was reading the scenes and knowing where they all were...except the cemetery.
Keep on writing, Allan. You remain fascinating.
Pierre C. Arseneault
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read. Allan is a great wordsmith to say the least. For such a small book, it packs a heck of a wallop.
Cheryl
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
A page turning crime thriller, with enough twists and turns to keep a reader’s imagination on edge, anticipating the next move. Now I’m curious about what Det. Naylor might be up to in book 2.
Anita Dawes
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Our Review

The opening chapter presents the detective, Jo Naylor, with a very important question. One she didn’t really want to answer but knows she must.

The next chapter, one year later, hits you square in the face with full on complicated and violent action as we discover what this story is all about.

Shattered Figurines is a surprisingly unusual detective story in that it doesn’t follow the usual plotline for this genre and the characters aren’t run of the mill either. The author has captured a
MJ LaBeff
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shattered Figure by Allen Hudson hooked me within the first few pages. Detective Jo Naylor’s plight with her father immediately intrigued me. The scenes move quickly and I enjoyed the chase for three criminals’ intent on inflicting pain and suffering on the detective for the crimes of her father.

The story is written in omniscient present tense with the characters dialogue in past tense which was new for me. After settling into the story I became accustomed to the author’s voice. If you’re looki

• Black Cop: My 36 Years in Police Work, and My Career Ending Experiences with Official Racism
  • Inquiries
  • Almost Feral
  • The Lookout Tree: A Family's Escape from the Acadian Deportation
  • In the Dark of Winter
  • We All Will Be Received
  • Foxden Hotel (The Dudley Sisters Saga Book 5)
  • Serang
  • The Great Divide
  • A Roll of the Bones (Cupids Trilogy, #1)
  • Red Notice: A True Story of High Finance, Murder, and One Man's Fight for Justice
  • The Magisters: Book One
  • Twenty Years: After "I Do"
  • The Dead Girl in 2A
  • Examining Kitchen Cupboards
  • Oakwood Island: The Awakening
  • Borderline (Jack McMorrow Mystery, #5)
  • The Place
I live on the east coast of Canada. I'm married to a wonderful lady, Gloria.

I love reading and writing.

My short story The Ship Breakers received Honorable Mention in the Writers Federation of NB short story competition and has been selected by McGraw-Hill Ryerson to be part of their iLit collection.

In 2020, my short story, In the Abyss, received Honorable Mention in the WFNB writing Competition.

My