Start by marking “Reaper's Blood (The Grimm Brotherhood, #1)” as Want to Read:
Reaper's Blood (The Grimm Brotherhood, #1)

Reaper's Blood

(The Grimm Brotherhood #1)

I died for Hostess cupcakes.
I know. Tragic, right?

Even worse, after I came back I still didn’t get any cupcakes.

What I did get, however, is a six-foot-something reaper with eyes like blue fire to guide me into the world of the supernatural. Which, as it turned out, wasn’t quite like the fairytales little girls are told growing up.

Not only is magic real, more importantly, s
Published January 13th 2020 by Amazon Digital Services LLC

To ask other readers questions about Reaper's Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reaper's Blood

Start your review of Reaper's Blood (The Grimm Brotherhood, #1)
Andrea
Mar 18, 2020 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF 9%

Yeah I'm only a few pages in and I already can't stand the annoying h, or the snarky snark. Going to save myself from further eye rolls now and just give up.

k bye.

description
Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
With a sassy, constantly hungry, heroine and a sexy but grumpy hero, Reaper's Blood was an amazing and addictive read. An urban fantasy with a slow burn romance thrown in... what more could I ask for.

Tragic news has brought Salem Kaine back to town after 4 years away. Upon returning, due to her love of food, she dies. And her dormant supernatural gene gets activated and violá, she's alive again! But she's no longer just a human. She is a Reaper. A female one at that. She is a part of a society t
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
I love the premises for this series and like most, I love a kick butt sassy, smart mouthed heroine. I'm not a prude when it comes to language by any means but I think like most things, there is a time and place for a well placed curse and this book has an excessive amount of them. Like, so over the top it is almost distracting and draws away from the story, which is too bad because like I said, this has a promising premises.

I'm debating whether or not to continue the series. I'm hoping the lang
☕️Kimberly
I enjoy Hollie Jackson, so I decided to grab Reaper’s Blood on audio. This is a snarky first in the Grimm Brotherhood urban fantasy series featuring Salem Kaine.

Salem has no filter, thinks Hostess cupcakes are a food group and finds trouble. On her way into her hometown she swerves to avoid an animal and dies. Only she comes back as a Reaper. Or at least that is what Alexander Graham Graves, III, her brother’s best friend tell her. He is also a reaper.

Turns out the town Salem grew up in is a hav
♥Milica♥
Salem likes to eat, especially cupcakes. It's that exact love that gets her killed. Well, that and a huge animal that found its way onto the road.

She's dead but then she isn't anymore. First order of business? FIND THE CUPCAKES.

She gets caught in the act (attempting to rescue the cupcakes from her wrecked car) by none other than a grumpy guy with three first names who just so happens to be her dead brother's best friend and a reaper at that.

Salem's thrown into a world full of supernatural cre
Annabel
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4,5 stars, I really loved this book, the banter between the main characters and het humor made it so good! The story is captivating and you really want to know what's going to happen! ...more
Victoria
Dec 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Hmm, I'm on the fence for this one...
The plot is good, the characters are fun and the setting is great. So what's the problem? Salem... I just really don't like her at all :(
You can have a snarky heroine and that's fine, or great even. Buuuuuuuut Salem is a tad overboard. It doesn't seem like there is another side to her, just the one mode, and that's a shame and in my opinion a missed opportunity.

So let's just review everything else :)

As stated the setting was good, all scenes and environments
Shirley Cuypers
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-beta, 2020, ebooks
Original review

This book was provided by the authors through Wildfire Marketing Solutions in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Kel Carpenter, Meg Anne and Wildfire Marketing Solutions!

Reaper’s Blood
is the first book in The Grimm Brotherhood series and tells the story of Salem Kaine.

Reaper’s Blood is the second book I’ve read about reapers and I think it’s my favourite one so far. I really liked the story and I couldn’t stop reading. This book was so fast paced and well written! The stor
Deekay
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun and hilarious book, and I loved every second of it. This isn’t my usual type of fantasy book, but since there are grimm reapers in it, I decided to give it a read. And oh man how I really enjoyed it. I had a great time laughing out loud reading it.

The storyline was simple and easy to follow. It was basically about Salem who came back to her old hometown to search for her brother’s murderer, and also about her journey of trying to understand the whole supernatural world with the he
Lily
Apr 29, 2020 marked it as gave-up
There was no way I was going to let some kid from the Addams family know she’d just scared the ever-living crap out of me.
"Listen, Morticia, you don’t just sneak up on people in the middle of the woods. That’s a good way to go and get yourself killed.”
She blinked, a smile tilting up her lips. It was the creepiest fucking thing I’d ever seen. “That’s not my name.”
I scowled at her, anger swiftly replacing my fear. “Like I give two shits, kid.”

Sorry but word for word, this is what I imagine a na
Rhiannon Chillingworth
I read this because Kel Carpwrtwr's Twisted is the Crown series is one of my most favourite recent series. Sadly, this was nowhere near as good and didn't even feel like the same author, although I know this was co-wrote.

This is a light, shirt, fluffy read that was, for me, just okay.

I didn't really like the MC. She's one of those snarky types who is a bit obnoxious really and there doesn't seem to be a lot to her. But then, this isn't the sort of book with deep characterisation.

Graves is an oka
Valerie (Cats Luv Coffee)
Food. That’s really what women spend a lot of their day thinking about. (“Ugh, two hours until lunch?” “What am I doing for dinner?”) So really, can we blame Salem for being hangry and mad about dying…and not even being able to eat her cupcakes? After all, Salem herself says she has three modes: angry, hungry, and super angry. Totally worth crawling back into the car after her Hostess cupcakes to fix at least one of those problems. Right?

Salem could totally be my BFF. She’s brash, ballsy, totall
Jamie - The Bookish Attitude
What do you do when your twin brother is murdered? You pack your stuff and go home, you know that pesky place you swore you would never go back to.

Only before you make it there, you'll risk your life for a Hostess Cupcake. Then you'll meet Not-Morticia Mortica with all her creepyness, followed by a hella hot encounter with your brother's best friend, and to top off your return, you'll finally get a crash course in the supernatural.

Salem's personality is a hoot and her chemistry with Graves is
Ashley Shvetsova
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you love adventure, Witty banter and to be lost in a world unknown this is the book for you! Amazing! I really need the next book. These authors are amazing and I will never not say this! Please release the next one early. I loved it. Literally not a complaint at all.
Ian
Not perfect but mostly entertaining.
Very snarky MC and I've seen a little criticism of that. I didn't mind it but the snark is definitely full on.
They all drive BMWs, and Porsches and other expensive cars and maybe there is a bit of the whole rich white people complaining about how tough their lives are. That kind of bugs me but I can live with it.
There is also a cliffhanger ending and that for me is the most annoying part of it.
Emily Pennington
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Flying down the mountain road at high speed, Salem Kaine reaches over for her purse on the car seat and searches its depths for a pack of Hostess Cupcakes she had stashed in there. Something big and furry ran from the side of the road and stopped right in front of her. The last thing she saw before top-still-down convertible flipped were red eyes staring straight at her as she didn’t even have time to scream!

She opened her eyes, wondering why there was no pain or crushed bones, only to find hers
Teri
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Usually I don't let character's dictate my feelings about a book but this time Salem just takes the cake. Not sure how many ways I don't like her but attitude and all is just too much. She claims she just goes with the flow but she's a sarcastic rude unemotional mean girl (for lack of a better description). While this is a clean read the language is over the top and takes away from the story. It does have plenty of action and other characters which are much more likable. Most people wont mind th ...more
Atlanta Whitlock
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’ve read all of Meg Anne’s books so I already know what her writing style is like, but Kel Carpenter is a completely new author to me and I was intrigued to see how her writing would flow alongside Meg’s and honestly, I’m impressed. They both work well as a team and they really brought this story to life, I was so invested in the story and the characters and I had no idea which direction this book would go at all. But just from reading this book alone, you can see that their writing compliments ...more
Amy March (Between the Screens)
I love this book! It offers a funny new twist on the supernatural world you’ve likely come to know and love over the years.

Salem is utterly unique in every way. She’s quirky, outspoken, mischievous AF and really just a walking calamity. I loved every single second of getting to know her. She’s one heck of a heroine, I’m sure fans will have no trouble falling for her off-kilter charm, but he warned... this book will make you HUNGRY! Salem is a lover of food and her constant grumbling stomach and
Ga Books LoverX
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This paranormal new adult romance is AMAZING! I cannot speak highly enough about it, the wit and banter is great and I could not stop laughing during the book. The series seems to be a slow burn in the romance department, but the connections between the characters were real and you can see it building throughout the entire story.

I have a love/hate relationship with Salem. I could totally see her being my bestie, but at the same time I could also see her driving me up the wall. Her interaction wi
Stephanie Messier
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As the blurb said.. “I died for Hostess cupcakes.
I know. Tragic, right?” Her love for food is real!!

I absolutely love Salem she has no filter, if she thinks it it’s coming out her mouth! This book will have you laughing so hard make sure you’re not drinking anything while you read this book!

Salem returns home after a tragic event in her life, only to have her world turned upside down.. literally and figuratively. Her life as she knows it is gonna change, she meets Graves tall, dark and handsome
Heather  The Hatters
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a fast paced read that had me intrigued from the beginning to the end. When I grow up I think I want to be Salem. Her quick wit, sarcasm, and no filter is right up my alley. Graves is our male hero who is sexy with all his moody and broodiness. Throw in Salem's bestfriend Tamsin, and what could possibly happen?? You are going to want to find out. I am looking forward to seeing what other kind of trouble these three can get into. I'm sorry this review is so short, but trust me when I say you ...more
Rita
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am so excited and happy to have gotten an early copy of the books and stating the series, even though I now have to wait longer for book two. However, I know that they wait is going to definitely be worth it. I loved this new series and the characters Salem and Graves were both so stubborn and Salem’s sassy personality and her love for food and cupcakes was just so hilarious and such a page turner. Congratulations to both authors for writing such an amazing start to a new series. Looking forwa ...more
Hannah
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book grabbed my attention immediately. It starts off fast paced and I never lost interest. I actually had trouble putting it down once I started reading it. I also really enjoyed the humor in the story. Salem had me giggling out loud. I loved the back and forth between Graves and Salem, and I can't wait to see what's in store for them in the future!

Claudia
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In Reaper's Blood, Kel and Meg give us engaging characters and fairly fast paced story line . This light-hearted romp with a dark mystery to solve, a snarky hot mess of a MC, her succubus BFF and (of course) a hot love interest keeps the pages turning. However, I'm willing to bet there's a whole lot more to Salem than quick wit and an addiction to cupcakes. Plus, I love a story that gives us a twist on the Brothers Grimm.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leavi
Natascha Pinson
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A) this made me hungry. Hostess cupcakes...pizza...m&ms
Mmm food
B) Salem is badass. Has no filter. Is always hungry. Pretty much amazing right!
C) mmm Graves
D) amazing best friend

I could probably go on, but the point is...READ THIS BOOK!
Renia
Jul 30, 2020 added it
Dnf i don't really like the heroine ...more
Angie ☯
Feb 20, 2020 rated it liked it
This is my second series by Kel Carpenter. This is totally different than the Queen of the Damned series so I'm not comparing them. :-)

The book started off with a bang and kept resulting in bangs! There were lots of things going on most of which we only get speculation as to what is happening. It does end with a cliffhanger, too. The MC, Salem, is hilarious. She is all about the Hostess cupcakes....she even died for one, literally.

It was a fun read and I will continue the series.
Shweta
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Quirky, witty and sarcastic, Salem is back in a town of paranormals to find out the truth behind her brother's death or as it happened murder.

While driving into town, she meets with an accident and dies before being sent back to her body by a ghost. What she then learns from the man who rescuces her from the wreck is that she is a reaper & that her best friend is a succubus.

Without going into the story, let me tell you that this book is full of crazy incidents, secrets and mysteries and much mor
Natalia
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
3,5
-0,5star because of the h bratty way of be... Sometimes she was almost childish!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Midnight Guardian
  • Blood & Ash (The Jezebel Files, #1)
  • Reaper Unexpected (Deadside Reapers, #1)
  • Reaper Uninvited (Deadside Reapers, #2)
  • The Dying Wolf (The Familiar Empire, #2)
  • Fae Curse (Yew Queen, #1)
  • Fighting for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #2)
  • The Crowned Fae Queen (The Cursed Kingdoms #3)
  • Magic Forged (Hall of Blood and Mercy, #1)
  • The Carrier (The Pairings, #2)
  • Death & Desire (The Jezebel Files, #2)
  • Siren
  • Kill or Be Killed (Cain University #2)
  • Ghost Academy: Book One
  • Magic Unleashed (Hall of Blood and Mercy, #3)
  • Fae Academy: Captive
  • Fae Academy: Primal
  • Don't Date Demons
Kel Carpenter is a master of werdz. When she’s not reading or writing, she’s traveling the world, lovingly pestering her editor, and spending time with her husband and fur-babies. She is always on the search for good tacos and the best pizza. She resides in Bethesda, MD and desperately tries to avoid the traffic.

To keep up with Kel and her books, join her Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/g

The Grimm Brotherhood (3 books)
  • Reaping Havoc (The Grimm Brotherhood, #2)
  • Reaper Reborn (The Grimm Brotherhood, #3)