Start by marking “See Me” as Want to Read:
See Me

See Me

A study by Collage Group found that the number one trait that young adults value in living an ideal life is happiness. So why is it that so many young adults identify themselves as unsatisfied or unhappy with their lives? There is a misconception that in order to be happy you must first be successful. In fact, the opposite is true: you must be happy first in order to be su ...more
Kindle Edition
Published December 2nd 2019 by New Degree Press

To ask other readers questions about See Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about See Me

Start your review of See Me
Luupi "The Reading Queen"
| Full Video Review - https://youtu.be/EMQJyahbaas |

If you want to read something that leaves you feeling lighter during these challenging days, look no more! This book is most definitely for you!

Before anything, I suggest you grab a pen and paper when you start this one because you'll want to remember quotes, excercises and just incredible ideas that'll come to your mind while reading because See Me will open your mind to new possibilities and directions that you've never considered.

description

Moreover, a
Janne Janssens
Jun 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hailey Rodgers contacted me through instagram to ask me to read her book See Me and write an honest review. I love supporting young, debuting authors so I didn't think twice about and said yes. Now I wonder how she could have known I needed this book at this moment in my life.

"There is a misconception that in order to be happy you must first be successful. In fact, the opposite is true: you must be happy first in order to be successful. This raises the question: How do I become happy? The answer
cat (catherynereads)
“We are afraid of vulnerability. We are afraid of transparency. We are afraid to be seen.”

★★★☆☆

I’m going to start this off my saying I rarely read non fiction. I tend to enjoy it less, but I decided to give this a shot because it’s written by a young Canadian female author. I love supporting women, especially when they’re local.

I thought the layout of this was smart and I loved the fact that Rodgers included stories of others who learnt to love themselves and were more successful because o
Girlreadsbooks
Jun 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Firstly I would love to start by thanking Hailey for giving me the opportunity to read this book. Hailey was so lovely to talk to and she comes across as lovely inside and out and this is certainly reflected in her writing.

See Me is guide to helping you realise your authentic self. The book is split into principles which you can read in order or dip in and out of depending on which principle you feel is most beneficial to you at the time. If you have any young adults in your life then this is
Morgan Haas
Apr 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020books
I love the opportunity to help artists get their work out there and I was so honored that Hailey let me do that for her!
See Me is a nonfiction book that serves as a guide to help the reader find their true inner self, contemplate how they perceive their emotions, figure out what it means to succeed & ultimately to be happy.
I loved the way this book was broken up. I spent a few weeks slowly making my way through this while taking notes for myself, it was a great experience! I would definitely rec
buzzyreadingbee
Mar 25, 2020 rated it liked it
„We need to become the marketers of our lives.“

When Hailey kindly asked me whether I’d like to read her first ever published book, I felt so excited! Even though I wouldn’t normally read books like this, I absolutely wanted to give this a try - especially with such a beautiful cover (oops, I know, you taught me not to judge a book by its cover but I think that’s a kink I’ll never get rid of!).

I read this book from front to back but - as Hailey herself claims - you could easily just start in the
Anna
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
First of all, I want to thank the author, Hailey Rodgers, for sending me her book to review! Hailey is so genuine and kind that it was a pleasure to read her book.

See Me is not what I would consider a typical self-help book as much as I would a self-find book. Rodgers covers so many important topics that are relevant across all ages. This is the kind of book that different chapters will speak to you differently depending on which stage in your life you are or current circumstance.

The style of w
julia
Feb 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020
When I was contacted by Hailey to review read and review her book I was thrilled. Although generally not my genre of choice, it was lovely to read a book that speaks to the experiences of so many young adults today.
——
Two elements of this book stood out to me. First, she calls on the reader to read the book it a way that is most useful to them whether that be jumping around from chapter to chapter or skipping sections that may not be relevant to them. Secondly, there are many anecdotes from the
Tania
May 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
‘See Me’ is a self-help book; having said that, one of the things I dislike the most about some self-help texts is that sometimes it seems that the author writes the book to get the story out of themselves to give a kind of closure to some tough chapter of their lives they have overcome and learnt a lot from, rather than to actually help people. Nonetheless, this is not true of Rodgers’ book. You can tell since the very beginning that all of her learning does come from experience –which she’s br ...more
Alex
May 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: aty-2020
Thank you to author @haileyrodddgers for the #gifted copy of her book! I don’t often read self-help, but I think we could all use a little bit more of that right now. Review below!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
--------
Synopsis: See Me charts a journey to finding self-acceptance and living authentically. Lots of young adults talk about living authentic lives, but few actually walk the walk, and author Hailey Rodgers wants to change that.

I wasn’t sure about See Me when I began, but by the end I was sold. I’m a fairly
Hayley
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5☆

Hailey's goal with See Me is to inspire other young adults to stay true to who they are and look past the pressure of societal norms. She draws on personal experience and ideologies to help illustrate to others how she embraced living an authentic life. This book also follows the inspiring stories of a number of young adults and their journeys to accepting, understanding, and living as their authentic self.

This book is the book I didn't know I needed right now! I thoroughly enjoyed it. Haile
Melanie
Apr 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Before I started reading this book I was sceptical. I never read self-help books because they tend to be a little bit too much! But as soon as I began reading, I knew this one would be different. Hailey states in the very first chapter that the reader can do whatever he wants. Skipping a chapter because you can't relate? Absolutely fine. Jumping back and forth and not reading linear from start to finish? No problem. Starting and only picking it up a few days or even months later? Sure why not! T ...more
Raquel
May 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you so much to Hailey for gifting me this special book! This was a perfect read during quarantine!
This book is broke up into 3 parts with separate Principle sections within those. The focus is on Authenticity, Happiness and Success. Each Principle section relates to each of these parts and each principle is further broken down with advice on a topic and stories shared by other people relating to the principle.
A few of the principles that resonated with me were: #6 - 24 Hour Pity Party, #
Bruna (bruandthebooks)
Apr 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Is it possible for a book to be described as warm and cozy? If so, that’s exactly what this book is.
See Me is a book full of positivity and inspiring messages. The goal is to bring self-awareness to the reader and I love this kind of book!

Sometimes we’re so caught up with living our busy lives that we don’t take time to stop, breathe, and meditate on what is surrounding us. Are we being honest to ourselves? Are we loving and taking care of our precious bodies? How is our mindset today?

Each chapt
Esosa
May 22, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5/5 stars*

I'd first of all like to thank the author, Hailey for sending me a copy of her book to review!

“I have learned I am happy when I am myself, and that, to me, is success.”

See Me is less of a self-help book and more of an honest guide to navigating the emotions, doubts and general feelings that come with discovering yourself and figuring out what you want from life. I specifically refer to it as a guide because of the way it’s written, you don’t have to read it in order, you can always f
HEATHER SWANSON
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
A very interesting read, I mistakenly bought this because I had heard great reviews for another book of the same name but after reading the correct book afterwards it wasn’t nearly as thought provoking nor immersive as this, from what I could gather the author is a passionate young woman with a thrill for writing and a grip on life, I am definitely looking forward to what she has to offer next
Heidi
Mar 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: march-tbr
See me by Hailey Rodgers is a wonderful book that inspires the reader to become their authentic self. This book gives helpful advice on how to find happiness, and become successful. Everyone has their own journey and their own story to tell.

I found myself very invested with this book. Having gone through many different struggles through my young adult life, I not only found comfort in many of the success stories but also became very inspired to truly live my authentic self. Growing up I always
Amanda Armijo
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book came to me at the exact right time. I am in the middle of a big life change/career change. I am in the military and will be getting out in a year. After 5 years of structure I will have to decide what my next step is. And I have been having a very hard time figuring out what is out there for me post military. God really knew what he was doing when he sent hailey Rodgers to my inbox with this book. Thank you Hailey for your words and all the different stories/point of views in this book ...more
Ankita  Das
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"We are afraid of vulnerability. We are afraid of transparency. We are afraid of being seen."
Young adults are desirous of living authentic lives, but often we fail. Hailey Rodgers' book See Me, is a substantial roadmap to living the most optimal life.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Hailey introduces the book with Malala Yousafzai's fearless story. Always admired and respected by me, I appreciated instigating Malala's story as a start to the book.
With the help of real life stories of young adults and herself, Rodgers
Karen ( callmekaare )
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It’s always lovely to discover a new up-and-coming author, especially one that writes with great insight, grace, and honesty. I’m happy to say that after reading her first book, I’ve found just that in author Hailey Rodgers. Her book was full of really inspiring words, stories, and a hell of a lot of wisdom.

Although this book is technically targeted more towards a YA audience, I would say that no matter what your age is, you will find something to take away from this book.

I can’t wait to see w
Rebeka
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
•Review: See Me - Becoming Your Authentic Self by Hailey Rodgers!

Hailey was so kind to send me a ebook of her self-development book! If you are looking for something remarkable, thought-provoking and relatable, I highly recommend picking up this book.
Why? The shortest answer: we all need a little self-development and reflection, and this book gives you exactly what you need.
The longer answer: It is so rare that there is a self-caring self-centered and helper book from young adults to young ad
Anika Aguirre Calixto
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First and foremost I want to thank the author, Hailey Rodgers, for reaching out to me and giving me the opportunity to read and review her book.

When Hailey reached out to me and explained to me what it was all about I knew this would be something I could deeply relate to. Throughout the book we meet individuals who offer valuable life lessons to help and show us how they were able to be seen for who they truly are.

I have always been a very shy person. Someone who hides behind a mask when aroun
KTMac
Mar 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was gifted a copy of this book to review by the author. I think it is so important to talk about authenticity and vulnerability and I am a huge advocate of for-youth-by-youth content (and Canadian content at that!) I would recommend this book to students in High School or Junior High who are interested in learning about vulnerability and authenticity from a non-expert youth perspective, especially those youth who are part of youth-leading-youth movements!
Jess (Sweetloveofbooks)
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
A really lovely book - 'See Me' by Hailey Rodgers.

Hailey contacted me several weeks ago and kindly gifted me a copy of See Me. I don't usually read e-books but, after learning what See Me was all about, I could not resist the opportunity to get stuck into this one - so thank you, Hailey.

This book really resonated with me. As someone who suffers with anxiety, I often find myself questioning who I am and what I'm all about. I have a highly stressful career and can sometimes find myself becoming e
Lala
Mar 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
See me is a very inspiring work. After reading this book I feel more grounded and inspired to go forward being my authentic self. A great read for anyone wanting inspiration to be yourself.
Raquel F
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hailey does an excellent job at conveying her true self and helping others, especially other young people to do the same ~ be authentic to themselves. She approaches difficult topics with tact and makes very good suggestions for you, as the reader, to apply. For example, her principals on dealing with social media, rejection and happiness are very helpful in viewing things in the proper perspective. Her writing is simple, honest and refreshing to read. I also really appreciated the real life int ...more
Maddie
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recently, I was very kindly gifted a copy of See Me by Hailey Rodgers. I was so excited to read it because I love memoirs about inspirational people and this book is a collection of stories about exceptional young people blended with tips for living an authentic life. It addresses the specific experience of being a young person today by highlighting teenagers and young adults who have pursued their passions and become leaders in their communities and on the world stage. It is formatted almost li ...more
Olivia Krauth
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
"Why did I choose to pick up this book?" the book asks almost immediately. Yes, Hailey asked me to review it in exchange for a free copy, but also I needed some help.

I've been feeling burned out and lost lately, and maybe a little ignored too. I didn't need a self-help book, but something to motivate and reconnect me to me — and that's what Rodgers delivers.

It is relatable and realistic, like a friend talking to you and giving advice. Chapters often end with specific points you can do to impro
Lynn Stevens
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hailey's book is a refreshing and honest look at life from the point of view of both the young author as well as those whose stories she tells in her well written, authentic book. This book is a must read for all young adults (and older adults too-you are never too old to learn to be your true self). Through raw truth and a desire to be truly the person they were meant to be, Hailey captures the thoughts and desires of some amazing people and then draws lessons from each story to help the reader ...more
Courtney
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, nonfiction
I was contacted by Hailey Rodgers to honestly review her book “See Me”, and was sent a copy of her book for free for doing this. I am incredibly grateful for this opportunity, and I’m honoured to review your book!
🌸
See Me is a motivational self-help book that concentrates on some key principles to create an authentic self. It uses core ideas to expand on areas of concern, and links to real life applications for the principles.
🌸
This isn’t my usual genre of choice, but I found this one really good!
« previous 1 3 next »

• What Alice Forgot
  • The Sun Is Also a Star
  • Beartown (Beartown, #1)
  • Into the Wild