Start by marking “Final Play (Fake Boyfriend #6)” as Want to Read:
Final Play (Fake Boyfriend #6)

Final Play

(Fake Boyfriend #6)

It’s a vacation none of them will forget.

Before their futures become the present, Noah convinces his friends they need a group vacation—a final play before they’re all tied down by responsibility and unyielding schedules.

Everything is changing.

Marriage.

Kids.

Careers.

A trip to Fiji is the last hurrah to end all hurrahs. And from disastrous marriage proposals to grand
Published November 23rd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Final Play, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Final Play

Start your review of Final Play (Fake Boyfriend #6)
☆ Todd
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing

"THE BIG SUPER FAKE BOYFRIENDS EPILOGUE"

This story was such a blast and I'm thrilled that Eden decided to write this five-epilogue book to more tightly wrap up the futures of all of the "fake (and not-so-fake) boyfriends" that we've come to love over the course of this series.

The book contained all of the signature humor and irreverence of the series, along with a good deal of steam; however, it also covered more serious subjects, such as proposals, weddings (and non-weddings), career changes,
Wendy

Everyone who knows me, knows that I am a big fan of closure. Especially when it comes to the stories I read. A book with an open-end gives me hives. I can't help it... I am special that way :P

My Mom Says I'm Special On The Inside. GIF - JohnTuckerMustDie MomSays - Discover & Share GIFs

Now imagine my level of giddiness when I received this awesome conclusion of the "Fake Boyfriend" series. A huge epilogue for all parties involved!!

This book gave me warm and fuzzy feelings all throughout.

Warm Fuzzy GIFs | Tenor

It also left me a bit sad though...knowing we have finally come to an end.

That said, I am sure that
~Mindy Lynn~
4 Stars!

I didn't think I needed anymore closure for any of these couples and for a couple of them I didn't, but for the few I did I was really happy to get them.

I really did enjoy this entire series and the men I got to know along the way. I mostly enjoyed reading about Max and Damon and how their proposal went. It was funny and so them.

I was happy to get more of Noah and Matt to see how they came upon getting custody of Matt's youngest sibling and how adoption became an option.

There wasn't a
Sahitya
Since the day Eden announced that there would be a final short story collection for the series, I have been very excited for it and spent the last two days checking my kindle to see if the ARC dropped. And once it did, I had to read immediately though it was late in the evening because there was no way I was gonna wait.

Noah and Matt are amazing together and it was wonderful to see Noah become such a different person from how he started. But this story was more about Matt coming to accept that
Bookreader87(Amanda)
Noah and Matt plan a trip to Fiji with the entire gang (Damon/Maddox, Lennon/Ollie, Talon/Miller and Soren/Jet) before all their lives change and each couple take steps in different directions of adulthood. Sure they will all be friends in the end but it will not be the same. This trip is the groups final hurrah before that happens.

Overall a fun read catching us up on every couple in the series. In a way it is a big ol' epilogue for all of them.
Ky
The final act to this amazing series was well worth it and I'm glad the author decided to give it to us.

The book is devided in five parts (one for each couple) and the timing is fairly wide. It starts a few months before the trip they took all together in Fiji, explores their time there from the perspective of different couples and it takes us all the way to a few years after the end of that significant trip.

One thing that is common in all the parts is that they show the development of each
Cadiva
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
The start of the rest of Noah and Matt's lives is a short introduction to how the guys ended up with both a baby and a teenager at the time of book five.

It's short and sweet and demonstrates the absolute commitment they give to each other and how much love is in Matt's heart for the siblings he was forced to leave behind.

Wonderful, I can't wait to read the rest of the gangs' beginning next steps.

#ARC kindly received from the author in return for an honest and unbiased review.
Leslie
"It’s like herding cats, honestly. But in the hustle of trying to organize us, the photographer takes candids. I already know the photo that will be framed on our mantel won’t be the last shot—the one where we’re all standing straight and smiling at the camera. It’ll be the one where Talon has me in a headlock. The one where Matt and Noah are fussing over their baby girl. Where Maddox and Damon are kissing, Lennon’s looking up at Ollie lovingly, and Jet’s sticking his tongue out at Soren while ...more
Mwanamali
Nov 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, contemporary
Series of epilogues for the couples through the series. Still believe Jet and Soren didn't need a whole book. Frankly this sappy cheesy af cash grab was also unnecessary. The only thing the fake boyfriend universe needed was a Matt and Noah sequel.
haletostilinski
What a wonderful way to end this wonderful series, with short snippets into every couples lives and how they solidify their HEA.

First couple we get:

Matt and Noah:

Their story in this happens before the trip to Fiji that takes place in the beginning of Jet and Soren's book. We find out that months before then, one of Matt's sister called him came to Chicago, 17 years old and pregnant. She is looking to adopt...at first.

And that brings up questions of Matt and Noah having kids. They've been
iam
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, plus-mini-me, lgbtqia
What a lovely epilogue for a fantastic series!

Content warnings include: sex on-page, paparazzi, characters go to a strip club, characters get drunk.

I often have a hard time saying goodbye to characters when I read an entire series with them, and the end of the Fake Boyfriend series with the release of Hat Trick earlier in November was no exception.
Therefore my delight at hearing there will be a final book, featuring an epilogue and HEA for each couple of the series, was limitless.
And Final
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4 Stars***

This was the perfect bow to top off the end of the series.

Each extended epilogue left a huge smile on my face. And I love that each couple's ending was true to their relationship. Not everyone needs marriage and/or kids.

I'm gonna miss this series, these characters, and this chosen family.

Image result for tying a bow gif
David Alexander
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finley
My rating excludes the stories from Damon & Maddox, Matt & Noah and Ollie & Lennon as I have not read Fake Out, Trick Play, or Deke.
Becca
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book occurs right before the start of Hat Trick, during Hat Trick and after. So it is imperative that you read this series in order or you will be lost. This was such a sweet book. It is a compilation of all the guys together, figuring out their lives, and where they want to go next. What works for them and how they want to finish out their lives together.
The things with these guys, what works for one couple, doesn’t work for another. Where some of these guys want to get married, others don
Quirks
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads, m-m
It's quite appropriate that my last read of the year has the word 'final' in the title. And that it's a book with happy endings for all the characters in the series.

We get a few chapters with all five of the couples featured in the main books of the series, starting with Matt and Noah, whose story is probably the longest. Not that I minded since I love them both. Then we got Damon and Maddox (Maddox is awesome), then Ollie and Lennon, Talon and Miller, and finally Jet and Soren.

Each of the
Kathryn Manzella
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Final Play catches us up on all the previous characters of the series. They are all going on a "Final Play", a last soiree before life changes too much to live wild and free, drunk and fun on an private Island. And we get a glimpse into what happens after. Its amazing!

In part one, Matt and Noah have some unexpected revelations about how they want thier future to look like. There is a lot of drama in here surrounding Matt's family. Emotional moments of hurt but also joy. And the sexy and sweet
Lily
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. It was nice to see EF's characters again as they deal with issues and lovingly jab each other with quips. But if you read the previous book then nothing in here is new. We already know their HEA stories so it's kind of boring in that regard. Especially Damon and Maddox's story. But there was a pretty fun wedding story, so still worth a read.
AussieMum
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Awwww. This is a sweet epilogue where we get to see everyone’s HEA.
Kelsie
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve loved this series a ton and this was the perfect ending for them all.

Kind of hoping she does something with Harley...? Maybe?
julia ☆ [owls reads]
Not rating it since I only read the Jet/Soren chapters, but I can definitely say it was cute and sweet and lovely and the happy ending they deserve <3
Annie
The Fake Boyfriend series has been a favorite of mine since the initial release, so although each story didn’t need more of a resolution, I was more than happy to spend more time with the “gay brigade”. This collection of shorts acts as extended epilogues, building off the group vacation to Fiji featured at the beginning of book 5, Hat Trick. I know I shouldn’t have been surprised, but I initially worried it might feel overdone or repetitive. That wasn’t the case in the least. I enjoyed the time ...more
Emalie
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a bittersweet read because it meant saying goodbye to one of my favourite series. I love the way Eden Finley concluded all the stories and also that my favourite couple get the most pages/chapters.

I really hope she writes more stories in this universe and maybe we will be able to get another lock at our favourite characters.

Rating: 4,25 stars
Briana
I was so happy while reading this...
description

These are amazing characters and this series is now one of my favorites. Each couple has their own path to their perfect HEA and I loved them all.

But...then I realized that this is it...
description
it’s over...

Maybe they will make appearances in other stories, like if Harley has one, but still...what do I read now?
Grace
4.5 stars rounded up, just because it was lovely to see all the boys again!

I really thought giving each pairing a bit of an epilogue and grouping them all together was a brilliant idea and really well executed! I also super appreciated that, although there were lots of engagements/weddings/children, not *every* couple went that route. My fav was Damon and Maddox, because they really are my fav couple. I'll admit, I was a little bummed that Matt & Noah's story was the longest, as they were
Ysera
Nov 29, 2019 rated it liked it
- Fake Out - (3.5)
- Trick Play -
- Deke -
- Blindsided -
- Hat Trick - (3.75)

(3.75) - I liked it.

So emotional, I can't write a lot more than this. It was beautiful but painful to read every time I saw a new part-couple coming up. Like... saying good bye to all of these guys? Ugh. And that ending, I'm still in tears. Forever thankful for this series. Thanks, Eden
Ing
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I, a million times love this series and this was the perfect send off book for all the guys from the Fake Boyfriend series. I love a great epilogue so this, this, this was perfect. Thank you Eden for giving the fans this peek into the boys lives after their HEA. I got teary eyed, chuckled, swoon and just sighed happy sighs a lot while devouring this final book for the boys of this series.
Alexleo
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This Book wraps up on a few loose threads left from all the many books that may up this series so definitely not a stand-alone book.

Heat level: 4
Sweetness/cuteness/romantic level: over the top

Matt &Noah - their story plays a few months prior to the Fiji vacation of Hat Trick and the trope focuses on blood family vs chosen family and on how the two may coincide or collide. Finally all the burdens of Matt’s past are cleared and they can start a brighter future building a family of their own.
Dixiecowgirl
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Incredible time spent with wonderful friends will warm your heart. It was so muchfun to spend time with these guys that we have come to know and love. This book brings us up to date on theirjourneysand gives us some very touching glimpses into theirlives and hearts.

i so enjoyed getting to see Noah & Matt,Maddox & Damon, Talon & Miller,Ollie & Lennon andJet & Soren all getting to share time with them was perfect.

This is book six of the Fake Boyfriend series and really should
Kendra T
This was the perfect ending to an amazing series. I loved knowing more about all of the couples I have come to love in the main books. Each pair of couples got their own little section in the book to show us what is going on with them since their book finished, what their future plans are, and whether or not there is marriage or kids in their future. I thought this was super awesome and I loved it. One of my favorite parts, though?? The cameo from May Archer's O'Leary series. I loved it!

I am
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Night (Love in O'Leary #5)
  • Boyfriend 101 (Fever Falls #6)
  • Made Marian Mixtape (Made Marian, #9)
  • Mr. Right Now
  • The Christmas Deal
  • Reunion (Ace's Wild #7)
  • A Boyfriend for Christmas
  • Game On (Fever Falls #5)
  • Rialto (Unbreakable Bonds, #8)
  • Defrosting Jack (Ice and Snow Christmas, #4)
  • Reindeer Games (Ace's Wild, #6)
  • Hitching It (Metropolis #4.5)
  • Spreadsheets (Ace's Wild #8)
  • Unexpected (Inked, #3)
  • Best Man (Close Proximity, #1)
  • Beautiful Temptation (So This Is Christmas #2)
  • Third Time Lucky (Finn's Pub Romance #3)
  • The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
Eden Finley is an Amazon bestselling author who writes steamy contemporary romances that are mostly full of snark and light-hearted fluff.

She lives to create an escape from real life for herself and her readers.

She's also an Australian girl and apologises for her Australianisms that sometimes don't make sense to anyone else.

Fake Boyfriend (6 books)
  • Fake Out (Fake Boyfriend, #1)
  • Trick Play (Fake Boyfriend, #2)
  • Deke (Fake Boyfriend, #3)
  • Blindsided (Fake Boyfriend #4)
  • Hat Trick (Fake Boyfriend #5)
“I can’t believe my best friend from college fell in love with me.” 0 likes
“Because I’m gonna love you in every shape, every age, any which way you are for the rest of our lives.” 0 likes