Start by marking “The Beginning of Everything (The Rising #1)” as Want to Read:
The Beginning of Everything (The Rising #1)

The Beginning of Everything

(The Rising #1)

Length: 15 hrs 14 mins

From the unparalleled imagination of New York Times best-selling author Kristen Ashley comes an enchanting new audio-first fantasy romance series that will sweep you away!

Once upon a time, in a parallel universe, there existed the continent of Triton. The land was filled with beauty, but it was also splintered by war. Out of the chaos grew a
Audible Audio
Published November 26th 2019 by Audible Studios

To ask other readers questions about The Beginning of Everything, please sign up.
Megan According to the author's website, "The digital and print books will be released in Summer 2020." The audio books will be releasing once a month…moreAccording to the author's website, "The digital and print books will be released in Summer 2020." The audio books will be releasing once a month through February, it seems.(less)

Start your review of The Beginning of Everything (The Rising #1)
Izzie d
Stacey is Sassy
This is...The Beginning of Everything

It's truly hard to judge and rate this story because it's...The Beginning of Everything. Unlike other stories by Kristen Ashley, she has decided to run simultaneous love stories. With so many couples meeting and connecting, it means that we don't get even close to a *Happy Ever After*. It is The Beginning of Everything...

While I hated certain parts, was at times confused, and struggled following who was who and what was what, I was completely SUCKED IN!! My
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
<3 4,5-5 STARS <3

Wow I didn't expect to finished it so soon , I'm usually slow with long audios, but this one was fantastic!I just couldn't stop listening , I was intrigued and I wanted to know more!At the beginning I was a little bit confused because there are many POVS but I really loved it!

Amazing characters ,brilliant story and unique world!I mostly loved Cassius and Elena , Mars and Silence but also the rest characters intrigued me and I cannot wait for more in the next book!

Kristen
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
First I was excited and hopeful. The Golden Dynasty is one of my #TopFav books ever. It had some dark moments but the hero turned it around for me.
But this book is like a land of evil and hedonism. Pure unfaithfulness and just gross. I have the right to my opinion and I read romance and this wasn't romantic because even the sweet moments couldn't be trusted because one of the main couple was ruined at 97% if the hero gets his way. The poor heroine is devastated.
I don't know how I can ever trust
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
Antonella
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: wtf, audible, smh
Oh, this book........

* too many couples and way way too many narrators...
* need to relisten first chapters to get who is who
* mm couple is used only for the sex scenes between other couples

I did a mistake by doing this book as audio because I was waiting for this so long as a fan of the Fantasyland series.

I might read this series when this becomes available as an e-book.
Maybe!!!

Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
Okay, theres a lot going on here. A LOT! So my thoughts are a bit jumbled at the moment.

I liked a lot of things about this book. I truly did. And the narration is sheer perfection! Like legit, one of the best productions I have listened too. I just couldnt keep up with all the characters. I had to pay super close attention and rewind quite a bit until I learned everyone and their partner. 🙈🙈

The opening scene was eye opening! Im still sitting here going over a few of the scenes, like WHAT IS
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
DNF @ 20%

I have listened to 3 hours of this book and the only thing I can say is that I am confused. There is just too much going on for me to keep track of really anything. There are a lot of narrators which can be a good thing but I think that it just adds to the confusion with this book. Maybe it would improve if I kept going but I just don't care to find out at this point.

Review copy provided by the publisher.
Kelly Rice
Nov 30, 2019 rated it did not like it
I am a huge KA fan that said I have not been a fan of her recent works. I had hoped that this series would bring back the magic that her writing can create. This was not the case. The 4 heros fall into immediate love with the 4 heroines within 1.6 seconds after being enraged with who were their chosen mates. Until the end when 1 of hero decides that they will have more of an open marriage. Ummm. Okay. The dirty talk was crass. The sex was gratuitous... like trying to boil the ocean. The recipe ...more
Stacie
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
4+ "Fantasy world building" Stars!

So really, I could do a happy dance! I really enjoyed this beginning to what I think is going to be a fantastic story. In this first installment, there is a lot of world building and getting to know the chosen characters as individuals and as couples. So I would say it may be considered slow and certainly wordy. It is Kristen Ashley. I like all eight main characters a lot individually and together. They are going to have some big obstacles to overcome in order
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
If this is anything like the Fantasyland series, I'm excited!
Darcy
Dec 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
I feel like I need to defend having not finished this book. I loved this author's early work, in fact did a re-read of most of her books through out 2019, but her later books have been iffy for me. I really hoped this series was going to be like her FantasyLand series, which I liked. But this one...it's an over 15 hour audio book. Not unusual for her books, but man, it was so hard to get through, the cast of characters so big. In fact after 1 hour I wanted to quit, instead I started the book ...more
A
Dec 10, 2019 rated it liked it
This was my first book ever by Kristen Ashley and as much as I have some mixed feelings about it, I will give the rest of this series, as well as some of her other books, a try :) but before I get into what I thought about it, I feel like I need to explain something ;) I dont know about you, but I am a visual person as in I remember and retain informations better if I see them with my eyeballs its especially important when I am reading a new fantasy or paranormal series, where we have a whole ...more
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
description
What a truly epic start to a series. There were several characters involved with there being four couples this series surrounds and some other one-offs. But the way it was all laid out was fantastic. I slowly got to know and connect with each person as individuals and couples. In hindsight it made sense why this story is longer than average. All the time was needed and put to good use.

I really enjoyed the narrators. There were quite a few of them as well. It seemed like all the main characters
book bruin
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
Audiobook Review

Overall 4 stars
Performance 5+ stars
Story 3 stars

I've heard a lot about Kristen Ashley and her books, but this is my first book by her. Fantasy romance is not my typical read/listen, but I found it really intriguing and entertaining. There is A LOT going on in this book. There are numerous characters, storylines, alliances, and locations to keep track of and sift through. I understand (and expect) for the first book in a series like this to be somewhat confusing and detailed
Monica **can't read fast enough**
The narrators are all excellent, but the story was just okay. I'm not sure if I will continue listening to these or not.
Books on Stereo
Dec 30, 2019 rated it did not like it
The Beginning of Everything should be titled the beginning of the end. Aside from the dirty sex scenes, there is simply far too much crammed into one novel.
Raven  Prophet
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So excited for this!!! So happy it'll be available on audible escape!!!

11/27
HOOOOOOLY SHIT!!!
That was awesome. That was seriously amazing! I loved everything about this book and I gotta say I probably love this more than the fantasyland series! Got some big GoT/Greek-Roman warrior vibes and I liked it a lot. Also some KA Honey series type of things going on too. And I really love how this is written. It has all the good Kristen Ashley style (cool characters, beautiful imagery, excellent
Debby "Piene Raven"
This is a first listen for me from author, Kristen Ashley and a challenge in one of my book clubs. I was not sure what I would be getting when I chose The Beginning of Everything in the Rising Series. First the book opened with a brutal rape and then M/M sex that pushed me to wanting to just DNF it at once. However, I decided to change that thought and press on with the listen which turned out to be quite interesting.

This the first in the series introduces the main characters who are Mars and
Fran
Mar 01, 2020 rated it liked it
I have been a big fan of Kristen Ashley but her latest books? Not so much. I wish shed go back to her old way of writing and stop trying to shove in so much erotica and bdsm. It should be clear to her given the smaller number of ratings and the low ratings of her honey series compared to her older straightforward romance that her readers do not like all this kink. Please KA JUST STOP.
Because of this The Beginning of Everything was very meh for me. I did manage to get through it but just because
Jacqueline
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was beautifully done. Wow. This story is enthralling and consuming. I'm so happy I decided to do this on adible. A full cast and many moving parts to it.
There are also alot of politics involved and I know that's not everyone's thing, but I quite enjoyed it. I love the strife and the continuation of strategy that's played out.
And there is no harm no faul in the bit of romance that takes place as well. Betwixt 4 different witches and warriors. Some kings, prince or princess, countess and
Soo
Mar 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook
Notes:

I miss romances but it's hard to listen to them in audio. Things that may be sweet, sexy or whatever when I read print end up coming across as cheesy, sleezy or badly written in audio.

Large cast of narrators, most of them were great but a couple of bad ones made the performance quality lopsided. The story was too busy. Lots of characters and events are happening at the same time and KA did not establish setting, background, plot or characters well. The talented narrators added more flair
Amanda
Nov 28, 2019 rated it liked it
I have a lot of thoughts about this one and Im not gunna lie, a lot of them arent good. The narration and way the story is written is very confusing a lot of the time and extremely hard to follow for especially the first half of the book, I feel it would have been better suited to ebook format first.

The story has me intrigued so I will probably finish the series, however the sex scenes are over the top and way too much and thats not even ones involving the 8 (yes, 8!) main characters.

My hopes
Arkrazormama
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had to listen to the beginning maybe 3 times before I worked out who everyone was and their intended . All the narrators helped me stay straight. I cant wait to see what happens next since it stopped the night before the first wedding. I really wanted each book to be dedicated to a warrior/ witch couple but I got over it about halfway thru the listen. ...more
Gretchen  (About That Story)
What an incredibly thrilling and epic tale! I am blown away. Kristen Ashley did an amazing job creating an elaborate and detailed world for me to get lost in. It was phenomenal! The narration was incredible with such distinct voices and different dialects. It was extremely well done. I loved this!

Fantastic start to the series. There was a wonderful build as everything was laid out. All the pairings are fascinating and I love all the different dynamics and politics taking place. The focus is on
Jessica {Litnoob}
Mar 04, 2020 rated it liked it

This one delivered a solid ensemble cast. It was only part of a story as we are following multiple storylines and multiple couples. But it really kept my attention the entire time and was compelling. It was hard to keep everyone straight in the beginning but the different actors made that much easier once we knew their voices. Ill for sure be counting on this journey with them.
AJ
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

A brand new fantasy series from KA? Sign me up! I was so freaking excited to start this book, the first in The Rising series, and though it was very different from what I was expecting, I loved it and I am completely hooked!

This series is a spin-off from the Fantasyland series, set 25 years after the events of those books. But you dont need to have read those books first, this story reads completely separately (though I did enjoy a cameo from a certain Drakkar).

The land of Triton is
Emily
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The fantasyland series is my favorite to read over and over again. I never write reviews, but kristen im SO EXCITED!!! your work has been awesome and omg its coming out soo SOON! Yay!!
Fatuma
Nov 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Let me say, I am a huge KA fan. I read almost all her books. When i read KA, I read for faithful, loving, strong, fairytale-like couples and world-building. I don't read KA for The honey series type of romance... that was not for me AT ALL(N.O.OOOOO)... Also Decon (which was PERFECT until the infamous 'play'...it was just way out of his expected character and its a turn off for me...NOT SORRY).

But on to this series, I really LOVE the heroes and heroines. I love the world she built, as well.
Vallsykes
3.5 stars until I finish the series, or get the next one

As soon as I heard "green sea" and "Frey Drakkar," it was confirmed. The Beginning of Everything is the first title in a series that is a spin-off of the Fantasyland Series, a wonderful series by Kristen Ashley (The Golden Dynasty being its best edition, I think).

In any case, I get in my head and I have to get names, clans, countries, and continents straight. But wait, not only does KA set The Beginning of Everything in the parallel
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Kristen Ashley Ad...: The Beginning of Everything 12 336 Mar 13, 2020 06:20PM

• P.S. It's Always Been You: Part 1
  • P.S. It's Always Been You: Part 3: A Second Chance Romance (PS: It's Always Been You)
  • The A.I. Who Loved Me
  • P.S. It's Always Been You: Part 2: A Second Chance Romance (PS: It's Always Been You)
  • The Traitor Queen (The Bridge Kingdom #2)
  • Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words
  • The Christmas Pact
  • Catch Me When I Fall (Falling Stars, #2)
  • All Wrapped Up for the Holidays
  • Make Mine Magic
  • Lies
  • Inappropriate
  • In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • Magic Fury (Half-Blood Academy, #3)
  • Mr. Mayfair
  • Selkies are a Girl's Best Friend (Mystic Bayou, #3)
  • Lucky Suit (Sexy Suits, #1)
  • Havoc at Prescott High (The Havoc Boys, #1)
Kristen Ashley was born in Gary, Indiana, USA. She nearly killed her mother and herself making it into the world, seeing as she had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck (already attempting to accessorise and she hadn't taken her first breath!).

Kristen grew up in Brownsburg, Indiana but has lived in Denver, Colorado and the West Country of England. Thus she has been blessed to have friends

The Rising (4 books)
  • The Plan Commences (The Rising #2)
  • The Dawn of the End (The Rising #3)
  • The Rising (The Rising #4)