Start by marking “For Sam, times infinity” as Want to Read:
For Sam, times infinity

For Sam, times infinity

After growing up in care, all Sam wants is to make a home for him and Tommy, his kid brother by choice. But its not as easy as he thought, especially when his social worker finds him a job miles away. And falling for the surprising boy at work only makes things harder.

Evra is different, his past a mystery. Being truly himself is not something hes ever felt safe enough to
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 216 pages
Published November 15th 2019 by Stars and Ink Press

Start your review of For Sam, times infinity
Suki Fleet
Nov 02, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: mine
17/02/20
This story is 0.99 on Amazon for the next few days^^
****
Fourteen years ago, when I started writing seriously (well when I started writing more than what would likely be classified as poetry, anyway), there was one person who really inspired me. I doubt they ever knew how much. Through them, my world of music, of photography, of other really inspiring people, grew so, so much.
They always said they were only meant to be ephemeral.
Earlier this year I learned they were gone.
Ive written a
QuietlyKat
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 sparkling stars! I loved For Sam, times infinity but want to read it again before properly reviewing. At the moment, I know theres no way I can write a review that does this story justice. My thoughts are scattered and a bit incoherent because I read a large portion of this book while I was struggling to keep my eyes open but unable to put it down. For now, suffice to say Suki Fleet has once again written beautifully unique and touching characters whose lovely, gentle souls touched my heart ...more
Joyfully Jay
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

Suki Fleet has a truly special style and if you have read any of her books, you will know exactly what I speak of. This book is told in first person and immediately I was drawn into Sam and Evras lives. Fleets books often (always) have an underlying sadness to them and her characters struggle with the greatest of effort. This book has an incredible atmosphere, the cold the characters experience will chill your bones, and that is all created from the first page.
Gabi
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a great story. I don't really want to explain it. If you liked This is Not a Love Story I think you will like this too. Just two young kids who are trying to get by and live.
There is some drama where the MCs work that felt a bit too much for me, only because I don't like when supposedly grown-up men act childish, just to torment their co-worker, but I guess it often happens in factories, people bullying each other for entertainment. Anyway.
Evra is so precious, and the constantly
Amy
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very beautifully written. Although the story deals with some serious subject matter, the romance between Sam and Evra is so simple and sweet.
Some moments are so pure and intense, everything else just falls away, until all that's left is right now, until all there is, is us.
See what I mean? The writing kind of takes your breath away. <3 <3 <3
Mónica BQ
RTC- Still debating my rating and processing my thoughts.

Let's just say that one day Suki Fleet will write a full book that's not a gut-wrenching fucking tragedy. But that day is not today. And I don't think I can make my brain- and my heart- accept that as a Romance.
Tess
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sheri
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
There are many things that I expect when I began a new book by Suki, and expecting the unexpected is one of them. Another is an abundance of feels. I have never read a story by Suki that didnt grab my heartstrings and tug them, often to the point of tears. Yet, I wouldnt classify them as depressing or sad stories. They are raw and real but despite the harshness, Im always full of hope by the final pages. Its also important to understand pieces of the past may be missing. Again, this can be an ...more
Karen
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars rounded down to 4 because still no 1/2 stars here on GR and that's the only reason...full review to follow soonish!

Do you remember Wildflowers...do you remember Sam?...

well this is not that Sam. Ms Fleet has created a whole new character in this story...with this Sam, but I think I love him just as much.

Sam has grown up in foster care and now that he's aged out of the system all he wants is to be able to create a home for him and Tommy, the brother of his heart whom he's had to leave
michaela ⚘
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, m-m, soft, 2019, arc
We change the world for one another.

Oh, how I have missed Sukis writing and their way of making my heart fill with so much adoration and appreciation for the characters they create. I went into this telling myself I was going to take my time but it was impossible to do so -- from the very beginning my attention was grabbed and the only solution was to inhale very single word and let myself fall utterly in love with the characters.

For Sam, times infinity is a love story. There is no doubt about
Becca
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Man, this was SUCH a good book and I cried like a baby through the whole thing. Wow. I cant give stuff away, but the pain these young men have been through. Holy hell. But, the thing about this story, is it is a story of hope, friendship, love and survival. And honestly so much more.
Sam is heartbroken having to be away from Tommy. But his social worker pretty much made him feel like he had to move farther away to take this job and be on his own, when all he wanted was to find something close to
Bev
4.25 stars from me.

A very sad story in lots of ways, but strangely an uplifting one too...and of course, extremely topical at the moment with the appalling, disgraceful, disgusting and de-humanising refugee/people trafficking deaths that have hit the headlines recently.

My heart broke for both Evra and Sam. The fact that neither of them knew where they'd come from, or how they'd gotten to where they were and indeed had blanked out any significant details, was totally to be expected. The mind does
Christina
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
Lustfulcat
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't have the right words to say how good, how emotional, and how real Suki Fleet's books are. I devour them in a day, and this one is no exception. I finished it some time last night and when I woke up this morning I was still in a stupor from this book. I felt like something had happened to ME, it was so emotional. So yeah, I really really liked it. And the dedication will make you cry.
Nov 10, 2019 rated it liked it
I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This is the gritty, angsty story of the unlikely relationship that builds between a refugee and a care leaver. Sam and Evra meet at work - Sam is a new hire on the factory floor and Evra works in the office. Their connection is innocent and very sweet but both mens lives are complicated and very dark.

This story is full of important themes and heartbreaking characters but I really struggled with the writing. Alternately
noah
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it

the writing was beautiful and the characters were so heart-achingly lovely. i just wish the events of this book happened over months instead of weeks. it was all dramatic insta-love weve just met but youre my whole world kind of thing and.. i dont like that. too unbelievable.
GlamLawyer
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m-young-love
Suki has a special way with words. She's not easy to ready and surely not for everyone's liking. But I adore all her words. I feel everything and it's painful but also so hopeful and good. I really liked that book. I won't spoil it, so I'll stop here. Just read it.
Valerie
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I cried. Of course I did. Its Suki Fleet. For Sam, Times Infinity is written in the same vein as Foxes and This is Not a Love Story, two of their Rainbow Award winning books about teens struggling against all odds. This is Fleet at their best - when their characters are at their worst. Instead of boys dealing with family strife and coming out, or high school popularity and bullying, their best characters are struggling to survive homelessness, institutionalization, abuse, being orphans, having ...more
UltraMeital
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult, m-m
~sigh~ Beautiful. If you haven't read anything by Suki it's simply a must. There is something raw in her writing there is no way I'll be able to explain. But if you've read one of her books you'll know what I'm talking about. This feeling in your stomach he/they have been SO wronged and yet he/they are still here, trying, struggling, looking for a glimpse of happiness wherever it could be found. The is no fame and riches, no Prince or Princess, there isn't even a true promise of the kind of ...more
Jenny Wood
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Okay, so, I have a hard time with stories where bad people get away with being bad people and it really seemed like thats all there were here in the beginning, apart from Sam and Evra, but everyone was terrible to them. Im also not a big fan of young adult, so I was wary in the beginning of this one.

First we meet Sam and Evra, who work together at the same factory, though in different parts. Work isnt good for either of them, their boss is terrible, as are the people they work with, both men
Charlotte
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I had no idea what to expect when I began this book. At first, I was a little confused... unsure of what was happening. Something changed about 20 pages in and I was swept up in the beauty of Suki Fleets writing.

Sam is struggling now that hes out of care. Hes working at a job thats far from perfect and saving as much as he can so that he can set up a real home with his little-brother-of-choice, Tommy.

One day, he finally speaks to Evra. They work in different departments at the same place but
Terri Jones
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness, this is so very sweet, all the way through all the trouble Evra endures and Sam suffers. Fleet always represents the abandoned people in care, and never avoids the fear and pain in these stories, but the love is so beautiful. For those who care, the sex scenes are very tame and rather magical. The underpinning of innocence versus callousness, plus the poetic subtlety of what isn't stated regarding the motives of the people around our heroes, will stay with me. This is a lovely ...more
Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Reading For Sam, times infinity truly killed me, it was a beautiful journey, but I hurted. I felt the characters and their problems with this world and I so wanted to hug and shelter them. Evra and Sam were made to be with each other, a couple so well fitted and balanced. And since I read their first scene together I saw how much love was going to happen in their lives. I feared for both of them when they were alone, especially for Evra, he was at a point in his life where he really couldn't
Diane
Beautiful

This is an amazing story. The characters are strong, damaged and so easy to love. In the end I got my happy ending.

Power is a tool misused and abusive. What a wonderfully complex tale in multiple settings and deceit by so many.

Friendship and love prove to be stronger than hate and greed.
Amra Miokovic
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

As always, Suki Fleets stories take my breath away!! So, beautiful these two boys found a home... the heartbreak and the hard life they survived... in so happy they found each other.
KawaiiOni
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Powerful read

Another beautiful, amazing, powerful and at times gentle story! This author has a way to get to your heart there is grit, there is true life and also amazingly happy ending. Truly masterful.
Regencyfan93
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own-it
I enjoyed how the language changed between Sam and Evra as they go to know each other, becoming less stilted.
Judy-Anne Richard
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was very sweet and touching. I loved both the MCs, Evra was my favorite.
Meghan Macko
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful and sweet

Sam is sweet and earnest, Evra is guileless and adorable. Both have challenging lives and are trying to find their way. Sweet and beautiful love story.
JT
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is all kinds of wonderful.

• Hometown Christmas
  • Angels Sing (Daddy Dearest, #2)
  • A Boyfriend for Christmas
  • Mr. Right Now
  • Cancer Ships Aquarius (Signs of Love, #5)
  • The Dichotomy of Angels
  • Inside (Death Row Chronicles #1)
  • The Edge of the World
  • Reindeer Games (Ace's Wild, #6)
  • Principles of Spookology (The Spectral Files, #2)
  • The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • Throwing Hearts
  • Falling For My Roommate
  • The Christmas Deal
  • Tough Guy (Game Changers, #3)
  • Mr. Naughty List (Home for the Holidays, #2)
  • Pretty Perfect (Boys in Makeup, #1)
  • Stay
About the author:
Suki Fleet is an award winning author, a prolific Reader (though less prolific than they'd like), and a lover of angst, romance and unexpected love stories.
They write lyrical stories about memorable characters and believe everyone should have a chance at a happy ending.
Their first novel This is Not a Love Story won Best Gay Debut in the 2014 Rainbow Awards, and was a finalist in

News & Interviews

Are you new to reading mysteries and thrillers and feeling overwhelmed by where to start? As all good detectives know, narrowing down the list ...