Start by marking “Who’s Hiding in This Book? Meet Ten Famous Authors” as Want to Read:
Who’s Hiding in This Book? Meet Ten Famous Authors

Who’s Hiding in This Book? Meet Ten Famous Authors

Take your children on an adventure to meet 10 famous authors! The book introduces young readers to great works of literature. By celebrating a diverse group of voices like Langston Hughes, Taha Hussein, and Virginia Woolf, the book paves the way for a lifetime of appreciating classic books. Includes parent/educator guide and activity page.

Young readers will climb the
Published November 15th 2019 by Pierce Press

Be the first to ask a question about Who’s Hiding in This Book? Meet Ten Famous Authors

Start your review of Who’s Hiding in This Book? Meet Ten Famous Authors
Sara
Do you ever wonder when Shakespeare decided to be a playwright? Was it something a teacher said, a dream he had, a series of moments that all collided at once into something he just had to write down? Where was Tolkien when he thought of his first Hobbit drinking song, what could possibly have brought forth the Balrog? What did it look like when James Fenimore Cooper first saw Hawkeye in his mind's eye? I really do wonder sometimes about all those tiny moments in an author's life that added up ...more
Charlotte
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
This isn't really fair because I am the publisher, but I love this book and think it is an important contribution to children's literature. Sheila brings to light several diverse authors, and presents them on a level with household names like Woolf, Melville, Dickinson, and Thoreau. It's been well received by readers and friends, and we hope you enjoy it!
Michael Rank
The simple biographies of authors within this book are great for parents reading to their kids. The information isn't overwhelming and they share more about what the author was about that intense facts.

The downsides are the average illustrations and below-average cover, which features a large dragon illustration that is only briefly seen in a small illustration on one page.

• The Dutch House
  • Scampers Thinks Like a Scientist
  • Silent Swoop: An Owl, an Egg, and a Warm Shirt Pocket
  • Oh No! Reindeer Flu!
  • Norman's Gift
  • Summer North Coming
  • My Little Sister Ate One Hare
  • With All My Heart
  • Be Brave, Little Tiger!
  • The Knight Who Said "No!"
  • Sharon, Lois and Bram's Skinnamarink
  • My First Book about the Qur'an
  • I Am Perfectly Designed
  • Invisible Kingdom, Vol. 1
  • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • The Devil in the Marshalsea
  • The Twisted Ones
  • The Heart of a King (The Loves of King Solomon #1-4)