Start by marking “Grad Night” as Want to Read:

Grad Night

This is not YA horror, and these aren’t your typical teenagers.

The teachers at DS High know something’s not right. It’s the reason they don’t stay late to grade papers, they leave school in packs so nobody’s alone, and they stay away from the one boy with the cult-like following. Evil walks the high school hallways and everyone knows its name: James Bender.

They’ve made
Published October 15th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Grad Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grad Night

Start your review of Grad Night
TopsieJ
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh boy!!!

Creepy, gruesome and gory is waaayyy out of my comfort zone, but I really, really wanted to read Grad Night!!! So I did!!!
And I'm so glad I did because I absolutely loved it......even the bits I thought were horrible, resulting in forgetting to breathe and squirming while reading!!
Carver Pike's writing style is fantastic, drawing me into the pages and making me feel I was there with the characters......which is probably why I was so unnerved at times. I love the internal
Kayla Krantz
So, the entire time I was reading this, the song “Teenagers” by My Chemical Romance played in my head.

“Teenagers scare
The living shit out of me
They could care less
As long as someone'll bleed”

This is a very fitting theme for this book.

DS High operates like any other high school. There are cliques, overzealous kids, and pure evil. James Bender is one student that gives all the teachers chills though none of them are really sure why. The student body rallies around him, and a few of the teachers
Kathy Rouchelle
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Incredibly written tale of teenage angst and anger morphed into something that will have the hair on the back of your neck rising and your morbid curiosity propelling you forward. To say I was scared during this read would be a negative. What I was, was intrigued and compelled to move forward and see just where this twisted and quite brutal story would take me and who, if any would make it past Grad Night.

This is the second book I have read by this author and I found it to be an exceptional
Michaela Zankl
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Carver Pike catapults himself on the same level as Stephen King with this incredible new book. Grad Night is a tale of teenage anger, angst and rebellion that will make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up while you're waiting for the next victim to drop. This book brings Scream and the Faculty together in one twisted and scary story. I was hooked from the first page on and the scenes are created to incredibly good that you can visualize them. Grad Night reads like a classic horror in a ...more
Lynn Stifle
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing and a great example of why Carver Pike is my favorite horror author. From the very first page I was completely hooked. There was never a boring or dull moment. The scenes are explicitly detailed and you have no trouble visualizing each scene as they play out, and there are twists and turns around every corner. The storyline is gripping, and it's definitely a creepy spine chilling read to the very last page. I would highly recommend to anyone who likes a good scare. ...more
Book-Lovin-Momma
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Grad Night epitomizes the true terror of a teenage rebellion gone wild! I loved the way the stage was set for the teachers of DS High! This had all the scary feels of a freaky horror movie, where you're biting your nails waiting for the ax to fall! The visuals kept flitting through my mind as each new victim found demise. Fantastic, campy and creepy to the very last page, Grad Night is horror at its bloody, messy best!
Lisa Lee
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Grad Night by Carver Pike is a deep and brutal nail-biter with incredible tension and exquisite characterization. It is Extreme Horror at its finest.

I hit a point in the story that filled me with palpable dread, dread I felt in my throat and stomach. Did I want to do this to myself on a day of rest and relaxation? I realized my thoughts sounded a lot like one of the characters at that point. Yes, that kind of story immersion, that kind of building dread. Of course, I read on.

And the tension and
Melissa Hedrick
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was amazed how great this book was! I wasn't really expecting much, since horror books are getting lame lately. However.. I jumped, got scared and it had a fantastic ending!! I will never look at high school kids the same ever again! Thank you Carver Pike for this amazing book! 5 stars!
LORRIE
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of the best horror books I've read in quite some time. It kept me turning pages and reading quickly to see what was next
Kandy
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was by the influence of the author that I picked up this book. I am partially glad that I ended up reading this story after all the "peer pressure" (it was all in my head, honestly, there wasn't any real pressure)

Let me start with saying I do NOT do horror. In any form. So I was freaked out the entire way through this book. I even had a reading buddy to hold virtual hands with so we could lean on each other through the story.

I can't say I liked the book it self, lol, but with that said, it
Amanda Mann *Rabid Readers Book Blog*
I'm sitting here at my computer, as I have just finished this book, trying to think about what to say and all I can think of is: Incredible. Simply Incredible.

It's been a long time since a book has actually scared me. Creeped me out, sure, but not scared me. Imagine, if you will, reading this book in the pitch dark (Since you are reading on a kindle) and you suddenly hear the sound of a child giggling. Well, that's exactly what happened to me and I nearly peed my pants. This book gave me
Mary
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is gripping, ghoulish, and gruesome! If you're a fan of horror you must read this! I kept thinking it was something that would make a great season of American Horror Story! There is something not right about DS High, something dark lurking it's halls.
As a former 8th grade teacher, I can totally relate to the descriptions of how the students act. I mean, what teacher doesn't get a little frustrated from time to time. But these students take their revenge on the 'bad teachers' to the next
Kasey Hill
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
They gave us Scream where students were killing each other. They gave us The Faculty where the teachers had gone evil. Even this didn’t prepare you for the anarchy of Grad Night. So many books and movies come to mind when I think of how delightful Grad Night read. It was the pure epitome of classic horror and you could see a touch of a Stephen King influence within the writing and within the plot. There’s a saying that when life isn’t going your way, yell plot twist and move on. Well, needless ...more
Christina Eleanor
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Grad Night by Carver Pike

Remember high school? For some, it was the greatest part of their adolescence. For others, not so much. Grad Night takes us into the lives of some unruly teenagers and young adults that have some severe grudges against thier teachers.
The kids invite their teachers to a graduation celebration, but what they don't know is there are two parties. One for the teachers they like and the other for teachers they dispise. Only the students know the difference. Carver Pike takes
Sara
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-book-list
I don't normally read horror because I'm a scaredy cat, lol, so it took me a few days to fully read the book.

I'm so glad that I did. It was mind -blowing and very creepy. It's hard to put down and it catches your attention very the very beginning but since I'm easily scared as a grown woman, I made myself out it down.

Students rebel and it's a teacher's worse nightmare. The horrifying descriptions are absolutely fantastic and makes you feel as if you're right there experiencing everything
Stacy Stewart
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book had it all… tension, stress, anticipation and most of all horror. Whenever I read a Carver Pike book, I never know what to expect and this book was the same. I wont give any spoilers but when you have angry teenagers, overworked teachers, and a demon….you have to expect the worst.

My favorite part of the book was how the author added a little from his other books in the story line. I believe that is what made the story phenomenal and that ending was epic.

My favorite quote in the book
DeAnna Dodge
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW!! This is my first book by Carver Pike, but as a huge horror fan I thought I would give this one a go. All I can say is I am now a HUGE fan and will be reading more. I'm not sure what to say about this book that wasn't in the blurb because i don't want to give anything away. Its one of those that is a must read on your own. Grad night is super creepy, definitely scary and mind blowing edge of your seat with WTF moments. Its teenagers gone sadistically wild. There are some scenes that make ...more
Becca Coulson
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Head to head throw down between teachers and the students who believe they've been wronged. This book paints a gruesome picture of how fast things can go wrong with a deranged mob mentality. Carver eloquently describes the sights, sounds and smells of a grad night gone horribly wrong. The reader is given insight into the characters thoughts and reasoning. I love the background information, the flash backs. There are definitely a few plot twists; things you never could have imagined coming. I ...more
Selena Ramirez
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The book is written on the perspective of th teachers who encounter evil that was created inside the classrooms of DS High. A night which should be a cause for celebration of new beginnings becomes a night which will cause nightmares for those involved. This was my first horror book and I was not disappointed. I was interest at 3% and becoming obsessed by 20%. One of the best book I have read. Highly recommend.
Simone
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Okay, so I realized that I didn't have any spooky novels on my blog for some time, and for that I sincerely apologize to my horror fans. My first selection was this one, Grad Night. Although, Carver Pike has a great imagination, his story was overly graphically bloody and the sexual connotations were a bit much. Otherwise it was really great and it does make a fantastic point...kids need people who care not yell or embarrass them. A great horror novel, for a rainy day.
Shelley Floor
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Crazy, creepy and scary read

Wow my mind was blown with this dark twisted book. This is my first time reading anything by Carver Park and sure will not be the last. This book had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. Just when you think you know what's going to happen bam you are taken in a different angle. Once I looked at the overall story it's really deep and made me think!
Carmen  Torres
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love all genres. The horror and suspense are my favorite. It’s been a while since I was on the edge of my seat going word by word for what was around the corner. This new author to me has spooked me the likes of the Exorcist. Mine you I was a kid . It’s well written and the suspense is off the charts. Phenomenal book.
Sara Callaway
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Holy Cow, where has this author been all this time, I'm utterly blown away right now. If you love dark and twisted reads then this is a book for you. From the very first chapter it had me and didn't let go until the end, even then it was still on my mind. I will absolutely be reading more from this author for sure.
Jill
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Holy H*ll

This book was scary and evil but had me hooked. It's really a story with in a report within a story. The trend in this book decide a revenge laced party. Charlie(a teacher) is disappointed not being invited, but two of the teachers he works with and cares about our. Will the teens rule the party, will Charlie save his colleagues. Buckle in and don't fall asleep.
Lisa
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A heart stopping read!

Carver Pike. Bravo on a fantastic yet terrifying journey through one Grad Night party I'm never going to forget. If you're a fan of horror. I highly reccomend this book. Found my heart pounding in my chest and at times holding my breath. Carver pike's writing is original. The imagery brilliant, as if you are watching it take place. A true author of horror. He makes you want more. 10 star read!
Autumn Sluder
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an awesome read (especially during the Halloween season). If you enjoy creepy and suspenseful “put the book in the freezer” type books, then I highly recommend this book.
#readwiththelightson
#maytheoddsbeeverinyourfavor
#Iyelledatthecharactersinthebook
Sherry Sias
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mind blowing!!

Wow. Just wow. I cannot wrap my head around this. This was a totally different kind of book than I have ever read before. Good different though. Not really sure what I expected as I never read the blurbs, but nothing like this. I loved it! One of the best books I have read all year. Definitely recommend this one to everyone.
Rachelle Jones
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Grad Night
I truly never would have dreamed I could read this book. CP you deserve a standing ovation!!
Bravo! I will say I read parts of this book with a pillow over the bottom half of my face, I jumped, I squealed, but it was all worth it!! I am glad I am not in high school anymore!!!
Colleen Court Mastin
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I would recommend this book to anyone who loves a good spooky story.Definitely had me looking over my shoulder.Great characters and story line Scary but thought provoking at the same time.I loved it.
Patty
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Grad night is every teachers nightmare, only this is one nightmare some won't ever wake up from. Carver Pike does a good job of building up the suspense for the ultimate senior grad night at DS High. High school is tough enough, but it was not this horrific.

• Five Day Fiancé (Brewer Brothers #3)
  • Possessive Playboy (Cocky Suits Chicago #2)
  • The Queen (Sanguine #1)
  • Filthy Playboy (Cocky Suits Chicago #3)
  • Pride's Envy
  • Black Ice
  • The Damned Place
  • Dark Halls
  • Ryder’s Edge (Lords of the Plains #1)
  • Ashes to Ashes: Selling my Soul - Part Three
  • In Too Deep: Selling my Soul - Part Two
  • Diablo Snuff: A Foreign Evil
  • Cocky Playboy
  • The Hold Out (Brewer Brothers #2)
  • Forged (Trial by Fire, #1)
  • Phoenix (Trial by Fire #3)