Start by marking “Starlight (Dark Space, #3)” as Want to Read:
Starlight (Dark Space, #3)

Starlight

(Dark Space #3)

Brady Garrett is back in space, this time as an unwilling member of a team of humans seeking to study the alien Faceless and their technology. It’s not the first time Brady’s life has been in the hands of the Faceless leader Kai-Ren, and if there’s one thing Brady hates it’s being reminded exactly how powerless he is. Although dealing with the enigmatic Faceless might ...more
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 240 pages
Published December 1st 2019 by Self-Published

To ask other readers questions about Starlight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Starlight

Start your review of Starlight (Dark Space, #3)
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Yaaaaaaas! The time has come, and this long awaited book is finally here. And friends, this book is so glorious that it is WORTH the wait.

Guys, if you haven't read Dark Space and Darker Space, don't even THINK about picking up Starlight. It is not a stand-alone. Not even a little bit. But, honestly, why would you want to pass on the majesty that is books 1 and 2 in this series?

I feel a little bit about Starlight that I did about Darker Space in that it's hard to explain what actually happens
Lisa Henry
Oct 02, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: stuff-i-wrote, sci-fi
Finally, right???

For those wondering who that is on the cover, it's Cam's ex Chris Varro. Stuck on an alien spaceship with your boyfriend and his ex, Brady? That's not awkward at all! Luckily it's the least of your worries!

Any questions about Starlight, here's an excellent place to ask them!
Wendy

This book has been a very very long time coming. It doesn't matter though because it was definitely worth the wait. I would have waited a few more years for this one if needed. That's how much I wanted to know how Brady, Cam, Lucy, and even Kai Ren were doing.

Spying GIF - Find on GIFER

The first two books were definitely favorites of mine and I can happily say that this third one will also be making my "Top Reads" list. That said... there were also some things that made me a bit sad...

Now I am not gonna spoiler this book.
* A Reader Obsessed *
4 Sci-Fi Stars!

If you haven’t read Dark Space, please start there!

This is a journey not only for humanity who’s desperate for knowledge to possibly increase their chance of survival in the face of a terrible all powerful enemy, but it’s also a journey of a man with many fears, and though not truly overcomes them, is better off having faced them head on.

Brady and company are currently traveling with the enigmatic fearsome Kai Ren, and Brady, in all his pessimistic fatalistic glory is just
Susan
Oct 02, 2019 marked it as to-read
This is finally a thing????
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.
*hyperventilates*
Elena

A great conclusion to a great series.
Brady has come a long way from the bitter, lonely, perpetually angry guy he was at the beginning of the series, and I really liked going on this journey with him and seeing him grow and find his place in life.
Cam has always been a bit more of a mystery, since the story is told entirely in Brady’s POV, but it came a point in this book when I felt like I was seeing all of him, instead of trying to read along the lines of Brady’s flawed perception and
Meags
4 Stars

Starlight is the third (and final?) instalment of Lisa Henry’s intense, multifaceted, and highly engrossing Dark Space series.

Science-fiction in genre, this futuristic M/M romance picks up where the previous story left off, with main couple Brady and Cam (and a small group of other humans, including Brady’s kid sister), exploring and enduring life in space, on an alien spacecraft captained by Faceless leader, Kai-Ren.

It's hard to get into details, especially if this series is unknown to
Jewel
Starlight was so worth the wait! I have missed these boys so much and Lisa Henry delivered, not just a revisiting, but an amazing story to give Cam and Brady a proper HEA and maybe a little closure, if such thing can be found with the Faceless.

Just gonna put this out there -- I'd love to see Chris and (view spoiler) get a story, too!

I recommend this series to anyone who loves sci-fi. Gorgeous, sexy, perfect.
Adam
Brady and Cam hold a special place in my heart. I loved ‘Dark Space’ in all its grittiness, and it remains on my favourites shelf.

‘Starlight’ doesn’t really add anything new to Cam and Brady’s relationship, but it does affirm what they’ve built since first being thrown together.

They’re tough, committed, and so completely in love with each other and their little family with Lucy. Yes, I did in fact swoon quite a few times!

The two men really do complete each other, and they’ve remained true to
~Volha~
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was incredible! At times the story chilled me to the bone, then it thrilled me with all the twists and turns, then it kept me on edge with danger and suspense, and through it all this fierce group of people amazed me with their sheer determination to survive, love and defeat their enemies. Ms Henry created species so fascinating and intricate that I couldn't wait to find out everything about the Faceless. I am on to you, Kai-Ren!

It's hard to say much about it since it would be a
Kaje Harper
This book finishes the Dark Space trilogy. I reread the other two before starting it, and was glad I had done so, to track secondary characters and events. This one is a more internal book, despite the action at the end that leads to a satisfying conclusion. Much of the story here is watching Brady, along with Cam, Lucy, Doc, and the rest, coming to terms with the limitations of their experience as passengers with the Faceless.

These are very alien aliens, other than in their humanoid
Christelle
*4.5 stars*

Let’s be clear right from the start : this is not a standalone. It’s the long-awaited 3rd part of Brady and Cam’s romance. And even tough I was a tiny bit anxious to be disappointed after such a long wait, no fear : Lisa Henry delivered in the best way.

It’s a “sci-fi” romance, not a trope I usually go for, but I was totally into “Dark Space” (book #1) when I read it. I guess it’s because it was very “relationship-oriented” with much introspection and a high level of hotness, despite
♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣
S'been a spell since I had the "no, no, I don't wanna fall asleep, wanna read more!", and I'm not surprised this is the author who gave this to me. I didn't want this to end! The closer I got to 100%, the deeper became my dread. Not enouuuuugh! #greedyreader

Now on to a more helpful review:

This story flirts with being a full-fledged character study in that mesmerizing kinda way. We're inside Brady's head, so there's that. But he's one of those who's people smart and gets us inside those with him
Michael S.
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
FINALLY!

Thank you so much, Lisa.

I wasn't sure what to expect after book 2, but I was extremely satisfied with the direction this took. What expectations I did have were delightfully subverted.

Brady is satisfyingly true to character. I'd almost forgotten how his fatalistic tendencies make him painful to read at times, but he wouldn't be the same without them.

There's continued potential in this universe, and I'm very interested to see if anything happens next!
Richard Derus
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's time for the ride to end, it seems. The third and possibly final outing in the Dark Space series dropped on 1 December, and I was up all night devouring it. Author Henry, all is forgiven for the FOUR-YEAR WAIT you subjected us to.

Ahem.

Then there's the TL;DR version.
Joscelyn Smith
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Talk about strangers in a strange land. I really don't want to give any spoilers about Brady and Cam's bridging of totally incompatible cultures but I will say that Brady grew so much in the book. He's still an angry, sarcastic little sh$t but he stopped letting his fear drive him and he finally stars believing in himself. This was a perfect ending to this amazing series.

*I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book*
Kat
I think... this book wasn't necessary. Actually, I think a trilogy wasn't. This was a one book story stretched out across three. With Starlight in particular suffering from a lack of decent editing and proofing. (Seriously, the editing and proofing was so shockingly bad that I'm surprised Lisa Henry uploaded the book in its current iteration.)

Ugh. I guess I'm just irritated by some of the directions things went, only for them to end up not being explained in a way I found satisfying or mattering
Diane Dannenfeldt
OMG there were so many twists and turns in this one. In this addition, and possibly the last book in the series, we have the boys back in space on board Kai-Ren's ship along with Lucy, Chris, Doc, and a couple of others. The going on's on this ship was interesting and we find out how they reproduce. There is something with that that happens & it was both saddening and scary. We see a very violent side of Kai-Ren when this happens. There is also dissension amongst the hives. I'm still not ...more
Sepia Reece
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG, guys! Just imagine for a minute that Orson Scott Card wasn't a homophobic asshole. Imagine Ender wasn't raised in a nice Catholic/Mormon family but on a shitty, forgotten Firefly planet. Imagine he's mostly just a regular guy and not a Chosen One genius. Imagine he can have love, in spite of the war with the weird fucking aliens. Here you go. You're welcome.
VVivacious
December 1; 2019
So, my great 2019 re-read of this series culminated with me finishing "Star Light" today and it's been quite a ride. This book feels like an ending and it is and it delivers on the front. The story that this series started out telling has been completed and the ending is satisfying. Something which was very important to me because at any point in this series there are just so many balls hanging in the air that I needed to know that that ending would feel like one and it
QuietlyKat
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m sorry to say I was a little disappointed with what I believe is the final installment of the Dark Space series. There were unexpected and engaging plot twists that I really enjoyed but overall, this book didn’t feel as fresh and exciting as the two previous books. While Brady and Cam grow and evolve as individuals and their bond with each other remains solid, sweet and beautiful, their connection didn’t make me all swoony the way it did in books one and two.

I LOVED one of the plot twists,
⚣Michaelle⚣
Nov 15, 2019 marked it as to-read
Why yes, I do have a notification set on my phone to remind me when this comes out...
ChaosMoondrawn
I would rate this 3.75 stars.

This is the third book in the series. While there is recapping through memories, I still think it would be difficult to start here. Without the emotional attachment to the characters built through books one and two, I don't know why anyone would want to just jump into book three. Having said that, as much as I loved books one and two, this is really for those who wanted more closure than book two provided. The story drops the reader right into the action on
Bebe Harper
Shelves: scifi, alien, mm
Worth the wait!

Loved everything about this book. At one point I was so stoked about a specific part that I cornered my husband and told him everything that had happened in the series so far so he could share my excitement over what was currently happening in this book

Finished it in one sitting. It exceeded all expectations. Can't heap enough praise on this book and it's author. Idk if I even want another book in this series, because this one was a perfect note to end it on. But I also never
Ellen
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars rounded up to 4 stars.

I had no clue that we were going to be lucky enough to get another book in this series, so when I saw that it was available I immediately dropped everything and started the series over again (it'd been a couple years since I'd last read book 1 and 2) so that the characters and situations would be fresh in my mind.

I really like Brady and Cam. Their series is a crazy one of strength, love, compassion and bravery. Brady is a scruffy, tough, antagonistic ball of anger
Tia
Dec 10, 2019 rated it liked it
This is an imaginative book that immerses you in world of the Faceless and their mysterious ship. It was definitely a creative ending with a surprise twist, but I didn’t feel like the last book was actually necessary - there wasn’t any significant relationship development between Cam and Brady.
Kathleen
Dec 12, 2019 marked it as to-read
Thank you, Peaches McJingles, for gifting me a book I've been waiting for... for quite some time!
Victoria Loves Books
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Yes! Thank you Secret Santa for this book. I'm finishing up book #2 and can now jump right into this one. Soooo happy :)
Gail Overholt
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Starlight was a long time coming. In fact, I'd given up and was thinking about writing some fanfic about Brady's (and Cam's and Doc's and Lucy's and Chris's and the other two guys') time on the Faceless ship. Obviously, it would have paled in comparison to anything Lisa Henry wrote, but I wanted more. And while Starlight was great, I had some concerns with it.

Let's start with the superficial annoyances. First, there's that cover. It's supposed to be Chris Varro, Cam's ex and Brady's nemesis. I'm
Meg
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For me, this series got progressively better with each book. Starlight not only brought insights into the mysterious Faceless, but incorporated several new secondary characters as well. I wasn't sure how that was going to work out, with this being the conclusion, but it actually enriched the story in unexpected ways.

DO NOT READ THIS BOOK WITHOUT READING THE FIRST TWO. Just wanted to get that out there. So. Darker Space ended with our characters leaving Defender 3 to spend some time with the

• The Christmas Deal
  • The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • Angels Sing (Daddy Dearest, #2)
  • The Dichotomy of Angels
  • Changes Coming Down (Changes #1)
  • I Buried a Witch (Bedknobs and Broomsticks #2)
  • Mr. Naughty List (Home for the Holidays, #2)
  • The Hanged Man (The Tarot Sequence, #2)
  • The Rational Faculty (Hazard and Somerset: A Union of Swords, #1)
  • Declination (Borealis Investigations, #3)
  • Ends, Means, Laws and an Angry Ship
  • Hometown Christmas
  • Tallowwood
  • The Guy in the Window
  • Fish on a Bicycle (Fish Out of Water, #5)
  • Stalked by Shadows (A Simply Crafty Paranormal Mystery, #1)
  • Graveyard Shift (Not Dead Yet #3)
  • Dealing in Death (Death and the Devil #2.5)
I like to tell stories. Mostly with hot guys and happily ever afters. They gotta work for it though. No free lunches on my watch.

Dark Space (3 books)
  • Dark Space (Dark Space, #1)
  • Darker Space (Dark Space, #2)