Start by marking “Lies” as Want to Read:
Lies

Lies

Betty Dawsey knows that breaking things off with Thom Lange is for the best. He’s nice, but boring, and their relationship has lost its spark. But steady and predictable Thom, suddenly doesn’t seem so steady and predictable when their condo explodes and she’s kidnapped by a couple of crazies claiming that Thom isn’t who he says he is.

Thom is having a hellish week. Not onl
Published July 21st 2019 by Kylie Scott

To ask other readers questions about Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lies

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Truth = I am not a big romance suspense reader, but Kylie Scott, you have that talent to suck me in!!

Amazingly written, I was pushing through this book just to find out what was coming next!!! These characters are well written. Betty and Thom, oh you guys gotta read these two. From the outs to the ins, the ups and downs, and oh what a fun ride at times, definitely pick this one up. This read is not one I'll forget anytime soon. I hope to see this as a blockbuster on the screens!!

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
❤4 STARS ❤

“Our whole relationship was like a mission to you. You assessed my life, inserted yourself into it, and then only worked within the parameters you were comfortable with.”

It was a quick and refreshing read! I liked the characters and the story was interesting , I couldn't put it down.It has action,drama ,humor and a great romance.It's different from her other books but still very good!

description

Betty is hilarious and Thom was interesting.Their romance was slow ,intense and steamy.If you are looki
Wendy

I like so many others already, really had a "movie" vibe when reading this book. The fact that the cover model seems to be Keanu Reeve's twin, only amplified that feeling. Of course, I couldn't get the handsome man out of my head once I laid eyes on this cover...which is not a bad thing.., at all !!!

john wick gif - Google zoeken

This book also reminded me a bit of the movie "True" Lies", which again...was not a bad thing, since I loved it.

Betty wants to end her relationship with Thom. He is a good guy but they don't seem to
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars!
(ARC provided by Social Butterfly PR)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Betty Dawsey is a florist in California who has been with her fiance Thom Lange for a little over a year when she decides things just aren’t going to work out. They’ve lost their spark, and everything between them has become predictable and routine. She was tired of feeling like an after thought. He was always busy or away for work, and she was lonely. She wants someone who puts her first and makes her a priority. She needs to end things before the
Tina
What a fucking asshole of a hero. I honestly never stumbled upon so many unlikable characters in one book.

Review later. Actually a rant later.

So this was one of the stupidest books I have ever ever read.

!Spoilers!

First of all, I knew I wouldn’t like it when in first few pages the supposed best friend of heroine told h to not leave hero. Heroine is telling her how after a year together he treated her poorly, never put her in a first place bla bla bla. Let me tell you if my best friend told me th
Isabella.R
3 Duplicitous Stars ⭐

What should have been a relatively painless breakup with her soon to be ex Thom, becomes a series of explosions, kidnappings and a life on the run with a man she barely recognizes.

Betty Dawsey is pissed to learn that her comfortable, yet boring fiancé Thom is in fact an undercover operative.  Everything she thought she knew went up in smoke with the condo she previously lived in…

Forced to remain together for her own safety, Betty and Thom will need to sort through the lies
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
1 STAR⭐ DNF, Chapt 6 @47%

I can fully admit that I’m the kind of romance reader that will go down for a thirsty cover. Yes, I’m aware the man on the cover isn’t showing any skin but he’s giving me Keanu Reeves/John Wick vibes and this shit is enough to entice me. That’s right, I said that.
What made me really fall for it though, is the blurb. I loved the premise of "Lies". It sounded fun, a mix of romantic suspense/adventure—which I love— and comedy. Having very much enjoyed the author’s previous
Jemima
Shelves: 4-5-stars, arc-2019
PSX_20190722_165425.jpg

Title: Lies
Author: Kylie Scott

Normally I won't use the words 'action packed' to describe a contemporary romance written by Kylie Scott but she proved me wrong.

Kylie Scott always manages to write amazing books and this was honestly no different. Lies is one hell of a book. It's suspenseful ,edgy and exciting.

Gosh I loved Betty and Thom. Once Betty finds out Thom's true identity and his real personality..the chemistry is full on guys! 🔥

“You’re handling this well.”
I laugh. “Oh, really?” Because
Julia
The Glassed And The Furious
I love Kylie Scott. She is one of my favorite authors. But this book was truly disappointing.

First of all, let me say that I get that with millions of books and movies out there, there is bound to be an overlap of themes. I get that. Just because an idea has been used in countless other instances, does not mean a book cannot be original and good. BUT, this time around I truly felt like Kylie Scott just watched Kingsmen and some RomCom and figured, she'd combine the two. Sadly, it does not work.
Stacey is Sassy
Sure, there was a wee bit of betrayal, but…

I’ve decided that I’d be happy if hubby came home and told me that he’s an undercover agent. Yes, there would be a bit of hurt and crankiness because he’d kept a secret from me. Yes, I might also be very interested to know what kind of undercover was involved. Yes, I might have to hurt him with a blunt instrument if he’d been intimate with someone else while undercover. BUT…if he turned around to me after 22 years of marriage and said…

"My darling wife,
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

It has been a long time since I’ve read a Kylie Scott book and when I saw she was releasing a new book, I jumped at the chance to yet again devour one of her stories. I have always been a big fan of her writing and she did not disappoint with Lies. I love suspenseful romances and thrive on the anticipation of what’s to come
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 STARS
Now I find out you’re some weird vigilante assassin ninja super-spy, I don’t even know what exactly.”
“Just ‘operative’ is fine. Fits onto a business card easier.”

This book was so much fun! It reminded me of the movie Knight & Day, except it was actually good. *smiles sheepishly* What? That movie was ridiculous. But I did love the concept. And Lies delivered on the delicious promise the blurb brought. Full of action, steam, and enough laugh out loud moments that kept you glued to
*The Angry Reader*
DNF at 20%. I couldn’t take it anymore.

This was the barest outline of a book - missing details, emotions and reality. Their conversations were utterly bizarre given the circumstances. I’m fleeing back to the safety of historical romances.
My_Strange_Reading
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
RTC but Meh. Not a great suspenseful/romantic combo. Felt way too forced
Susan's Reviews
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well, Kylie Scott got me into trouble again! I've got deadlines fast approaching but I still had to sneak a peak at my Kindle and read this one on the sly. Hard to keep a straight face after reading that shower scene! That will teach me to read a Kylie Scott novel during working hours!!!

I was so happy that Kylie Scott once again has a plus-sized heroine who refuses to be uncomfortable about her size. Betty flaunts her voluptuous curves with pride. I boycott fashion magazines and rarely watch tel
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3 ⭐'s

I love Kylie Scott's books and it pains me to only give this book three stars....but as much as I enjoyed the romance I was left feeling deprived.

Plain and simple, I am not a romantic suspense kind of girl and I knew that going in. Still, I couldn't resist and for the most part I really enjoyed Thom and Betty's relationship. I just thought the "agent" stuff was too much. Or better yet...the balance between the agent stuff and the romance could have been more equal.

I thought the premise wa
Jacqueline
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So that was unexpected. Kind of thrilling with some decent intrigue. Not so strong as a romance but it made for a refreshing change from my usual
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
Betty has been dating Thom for the past year and they have recently become engaged. Betty is just a bit bored with Thom. There is just no spark there, in their day to day life and between the sheets. I guess you could say this is a case of it’s not you, it’s me - kind of. She needs to end things now before life gets any more predictable. She has barely set foot outside their condo, suitcase in hand, when the building explodes. Things are about to get unpredictable.

After passing out, Betty awaken
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
I really liked this book a lot. Lies by Kylie Scott was funny, sweet and suspenseful. Betty is fed up with her plain fiancé Thom and decides it’s time for something new. What happens is she is kidnapped and questioned about Thom. Turns out that plain old Thom is secret agent. The banter between them is hilarious even though the a facing danger at every turn. Really hoping that there will be more of these awesome characters that were introduced.

Review copy provided for a voluntary review.
Bookphenomena (Micky)

Every single thing about this read was unexpected, even taking the unusual synopsis into mind. This was a fast-paced, thrilling romance with bucket loads of story and plenty of twists. It was also consistently amusing with characters I couldn’t help but be pretty enamoured with.

What is super interesting about this story and how it starts, is that the ‘going wrong’ part of the relationship happens right at the beginning, in unholy style. So, you could almost call this a second chance kin
Vashti
Aug 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Okay read...something different from this author.
AJ

I fell in mad instalove with the cover of this book, and the blurb sounded like so much fun. Kylie Scott has delivered a fast-paced action suspense romance that is exciting and unexpected, laugh out-loud funny, and one hell of an entertaining ride!

Betty is breaking up with her fiancé. They’ve been together for a year, but their relationship is mundane, as is her fiancé, Thom, who frequently travels away for work, and there is no spark left… if there ever was any. She’s literally packing
Meredith
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW! When I first read the blurb to Lies, I was immediately intrigued and knew I HAD TO HAVE IT. It is a delicious blend of humor, heat, action and suspense. Lies takes you on an intense journey that will keep you guessing, and sate your craving for mind-blowing twists. This unconventional romance was superbly written and pulled me in from the very beginning. It is one of those books that you will need to clear your schedule for because once you start, you won't be able to stop. This all-consumi ...more
1.5 stars.

I'm sorry to say that I didn't really like this one. The only thing I really enjoyed was the h's character. She had her normal hang-ups, but I didn't find her annoying. It's a low bar, I know. Everything else, the OTT plot, lack of relationship development, unsure safety, and ending made me pretty mad. It would've gone a long way if the H managed to apologize for lying to the h for over a year. Or if he'd reassured her that he was always faithful to her whenever he was away for work. B
Sandy S
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date July 21, 2019

Thom is having a hellish week. Not only is he hunting a double agent, but his fiancé dumped him, and thanks t
Emily
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t even read the blurb on this one. Charli was going through the ARC sign up’s and asked if I was interested in the new Kylie Scott and since she’s a favorite of mine, I immediately said yes. And then when the cover was released, I glanced at it, and I thought it was ok, but I still had no idea what I was getting into.

And then I started the book, and everything started to make sense. This cover that I just thought was humdrum is absolute PERFECTION, and fits this story to an absolute T. Be
Aaly
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
review-blog

*** ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review ***

When I started reading Lies by Kylie Scott, I was already hooked by this explosive beginning. A woman who had no idea about how wrong she was about her fiancé, Thom. It needed one break-up to discover many things she never would have thought of. From boring fiancé to operative agent, there was one tiny line. And this time, no more lies.

A storyline growing at a rapid tempo that would perfectly fit like a movie, with a strong hint of ro
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
*sigh*

dnf @ 28% - unfortunately, this one wasn't for me.... I found the narrative and characters to lack dimension and it was hard to actually root for Thom and Betty. The premise of this story had me sold initially because doesn't it just sounds like a hollywood blockbuster??? While I can imagine it on screen, the execution in this book was just... meh.
Beneath The Covers Blog
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, sonal, 2019-reads
Full review can be found HERE --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARC provided for a voluntary honest review.* ~Sonal
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Australian Romance Writer.
“You’re handling this well.”
I laugh. “Oh, really?” Because inside my head, I’m basically alternating between this freaked-out, endless, high-pitched screaming noise and an all-consuming need to kill you for all the fucking lies.”
1 likes
“Holy shit. Is there anything you didn’t lie to me about?”
The mirth disappears from his face. “I wasn’t’ lying when I said I love you.”
1 likes