Start by marking “100 Days of Sunlight” as Want to Read:
100 Days of Sunlight

100 Days of Sunlight

When 16-year-old poetry blogger Tessa Dickinson is involved in a car accident and loses her eyesight for 100 days, she feels like her whole world has been turned upside-down.

Terrified that her vision might never return, Tessa feels like she has nothing left to be happy about. But when her grandparents place an ad in the local newspaper looking for a typist to help Tessa c
Published August 7th 2019

To ask other readers questions about 100 Days of Sunlight, please sign up.
Abbie 100 Days of Sunlight is a story that I feel has always been in my heart, I just didn’t know it until April 2017. It came to me quite literally like a…more100 Days of Sunlight is a story that I feel has always been in my heart, I just didn’t know it until April 2017. It came to me quite literally like a lightbulb turning on. I immediately fell in love with the idea — two characters experiencing loss, recovery, and hope; two characters connecting to help each other heal in ways they wouldn’t have been able to alone. I knew it would be a love story, but not just about romantic love — it would also be about the love between brothers, and grandparents, and friends. The story captured my heart before I even knew how it would end. (less)

Abbie
May 03, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
☀U P D A T E ☀

THE BOOK IS HERE!! 100 Days of Sunlight is now officially released and available everywhere books are sold online! Go order your paperback/hardcover OR get the ebook delivered instantly to your e-reader:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
iBooks
Kobo

Oh and be sure to check out my ce
R.F. Gammon
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a beautiful Hufflepuff summer story!

Weston, man. Just....Weston. He's brilliant and I adored him and his outlook and I felt for his internal struggle so much. The broken, hurting, optimistic, bright boys are always my favorites. He reminded me a lot of one of my own characters in that respect. And all his brothers! I LOVED IT. He was such a unique, fresh, lovable guy. I loved it.

Tessa was slightly less of an instant connection for me, but I loved her too. I felt her
Ivie
5/14/19
The Review

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review and was in no way, shape, or form convinced or coerced into writing a positive review. These are my honest thoughts.

I considered deleting all my updates on here because it looks a bit messy, but they are part of the journey with this book and I couldn't imagine doing that, so I left them. I know, I'm probably going to annoy some people because of it, but I want to look back and be able to see my emotions for e/>I
Sarah Grace Grzy
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I will start off my review with a disclaimer: despite being smack dab in the middle of the target age range for young adult fiction . . . YA is SO not my thing. That being said, I did still enjoy 100 Days of Sunlight at its core, even if the genre may not be my favorite ever.

First off, that cover! Well done, Ms. Emmons! It's stunning! I feel like so often indies cheap out when it comes to cover design, but it's clear Emmons put a lot of time and thought into her cover, and for that, I give her
Charis Rae
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC from the publisher. Opinions expressed are solely my own.

ABBIE IS PUBLISHING HER BOOK i repeat: ABBIE IS PUBLISHING HER BOOK.

Honestly, it’s still sinking in. I’m trying not to turn into a proud mom at the moment. Abbie Emmons, one of my favorite bloggers on the web, is publishing her debut novel!!

I’ve been following Abbie’s blog for as long as I can remember, so naturally I MELTED when I got chosen to ARC-read her novel. I’ve been anticipating her b
Lisa Elis
WHAT JUST HAPPENED I CAN'T EVEN
Hannah Rodriguez
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
hello, my name is hannah and I don't like contemporary romance novels.

Rn you're probably thinking WHAT THE HECK HANNAH WHY DID YOU READ THIS? WHY DID YOU GIVE IT 4 STARS?

Let me explain. Over the past 4 or so years, I've been on a mission to find THE BEST contemp romance novels. And by the best I mean ones that have deep themes, minimal crude jokes (because that's lazy writing), and people being attracted because of things other than physical attributes like 'his bright blue eyes' ew.

Every yea
Aria
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I heard that Abbie was publishing a book, I was beyond excited. I’ve followed her off and on through the years and read a short story of hers a long while ago. I knew it would be good.

And my expectations were not disappointed.

First, this COVER! Seriously one of the beautifullest works of art EVER. It’s gorgeous as is, but after reading the story, I love it even more! I adore how pieces of the novel come together in the cover. Seriously, SO. GOOD.

Secondly, the CONCEPT! I try not to read a
Katie
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
I originally rated this book 3 stars despite having many issues with it because I wanted to support this author, then thought about it some more and realized I wouldn't do that for other books, so for the sake of consistency, I'm knocking it down to a 2/2.5 stars. I have a full 15 min section (yikes) talking about my thoughts on this book in my June reading wrap up video on youtube, so if you want a more in-depth review, feel free to check there, but here's the sparknotes version:

Let
Kaitlyn Krispense
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: indie
Even before I started reading this book, I was prepared to give it three stars.

*cringes* okay, okay, don't kill me, but if there's a looooot of hype about a book, I usually won't care for it.

The truth? I l o v e d this book. I mean, first of all, I looooove how the cover ties everything, every lil' bit of this book together. Ahhhh *happy sigh*

I was completely prepared to give this baby 5 whopping stars. But...there were two things that kept me from it.

1. Th/>1.
Serethiel ☽ ✨
5 stars

// 1 0 0 . d a y s . o f . s u n l i g h t

If you like contemporary romance: read this.

If you don't like contemporary romance: read this anyway.

😉😍💖✨🌻🌞
Abigayle Claire
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I teared up a lot and smiled even more. I considered taking off a half star for my very slight qualms. But no. This book is wonderful and necessary and its own ray of sunlight. Fuller review to come
Lilian
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
oh my word, one of the best books ever. thanks Abbie ❤ ...more
Lara (Bookish_turtle)
THIS IS MY FAVE BOOK OF THE YEAR I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!!! I'm sure that no other book of 2019 can top this!!

(Would love to be proven wrong cos anything better than this is a heckin masterpiece, but I'm not counting on it)

WOW okay i need to organise my thoughts cos I have so manyyyyyyyy

Characters?! A HUGE 10/10 LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

The romance?! MY HEARTTTTTTT Literally so cuteeeeee I want a Weston in my life so baddddd this was literally the cutest thing
Abigail
*ugly sobs*

This book is so beautiful. It is so heart warming. It is so inspiring.

I loved this book so much. I cannot even begin to describe how amazing this piece of art is. This book *sighs* has to be one of my all time favorites.

The characters were amazing and to die for. Every single one of them I loved. I want them to be real so I can become friends with them.

The feelings were authentic, real, and so heart breaking at times. I literally nearly started sobbing at a few parts.

I
anika
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ohmygoshohmygoshoHMYGOSH

(rtc later when I stop laughing and crying and swooning)

(also I call Weston *finger guns* dat boi's mine)
Nemo (The Moonlight Library)
This review was originally posted on The Moonlight Library

The choice to request this book for review was deeply personal to me. As you may or may not know, a couple of years ago my husband suffered a catastrophic injury at work and broke his back. After two months in hospital, he came home in a wheelchair. I myself am also suffering from a regular and gradual degradation of my vision, so I identified quite strongly in this novel about a temporarily blind girl and the amputee that teaches her l
Maddy
May 24, 2019 rated it liked it
The first half wasn’t my favorite, but the second half was pretty cute. 😍 RTC
Victoria Goodbrand
May 10, 2019 marked it as to-read
EEEEE. That cover is gorgeous. um. Wow.
Totally Graced
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review to come, because I am still DECEASED. But that was one of the best books I have ever read. I cannot wait for you all to read it. :')

-----

8/10/19

100 Days of Sunlight tells the story of teenage blogger Tessa Dickenson. After Tessa is involved in a car accident, she finds herself completely blind. Doctors have hope that her sight will return in a little over three months, but for the time being, Tessa is trapped in a world of darkness. She's bitter and doe
Liv K. Fisher
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
16-year-old Tessa is blind -- well, temporarily blind, and a poetry blogger. Scarred by the memory of losing her sight in a car accident, she can barely find the motivation to get out of bed in the morning.

Weston is a runner -- and an amputee with an overwhelming sense of optimism. His missing legs are secret from one person, and one person only: Tessa. The girl he's going to teach to rely on more than sight.

OH.

MY.

STARS.

100 Days of Sunlight was PRECIOUS. Cute. Adorable. Uplifting. Emotional. Empowe/>100
Mya Gray
May 11, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: beautiful-covers
The cover is beautiful and I need it on my shelf. <3 This sounds like a fantastic story!!
Mukta A
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
4.5 stars!

I devoured this in just a few hours and I still can't get over how warm and fuzzy it makes me feel gahhhh
Full review to come!
The Nerd Daily
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Originally posted on The Nerd Daily | Review by Vinny MS

100 Days of Sunlight follows 16-year-old Tessa Dickinson, who recently got into a car crash and is now temporary blind. Being a poet who consistently shares her works on her blog, this obviously took her by surprise because now she feels she can’t do anything and feels trapped in the darkness. Trying to find a way to cheer up their granddaughter, Tessa’s grandpa and grandma decided to post a newspaper ad to look for a typewriter, som
Jenna
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO MY HEART

Abbie is able to craft such a raw and emotional and beautiful story. I was hooked and entranced the whole way through. A glorious story of love, healing, and punching Life in the face. Such a sweet summery read.

UM SO ARE THERE WESTONS IN REAL LIFE PLZ???
AND oh my word I was so happy to see that Tessa was a blogger! How come you don’t see that often in YA? It was awesome.
All the characters were unbelievably great. Weston and his brothers were so c
Cassie
May 28, 2019 marked it as to-read
This sounds like it’s going to break my heart, rip it out of my chest, crush it into pieces, then smash my soul into oblivion.

Okay, I’m ready!
Dani ❤️ Perspective of a Writer
description
Check out more reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

The Buzz

I didn't notice when I requested this that Abbie Emmons is an indie author!! YAY! I love supporting authors who choose to go non-traditional routes. And I'm pleased to say that this has disability rep. We don't always see this trope so when I do I tend to jump at reading these books plus we have mental health and a girl who is homeschooled, a blogger and a writer. Yes, I fit the demographic of those who will want to read this book!

And the cover of 100 Days of SWriter...
The
sydney
This book was an absolute ray of sunshine.

From the waffles, and flowers, and THE COVERRR, and yellow, and aesthetics, and soft boys, and beautiful poetry. 100 Days of Sunlight was an amazing novel that gave me all the fuzzy and warm feels (:

The book was written by a blogger a lot of you might know, Abbie Emmons, aka waffle queen!!! I was absolutely thrilled when I heard I had been accepted to join her ARC team!! 100 Days of Sunlight definitely did not disappoint and I can’t wait to s
Anthony Wolf
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I found Abbie by pure chance while looking for writing advice on the web, and I decided I would try and join her ARC team to show her my support. I don't think I'll ever regret it.

I should probably start by saying that 100 Days of Sunlight is quite far from what I would consider my genre and my niche—which is why I was surprised to enjoy it so much. But I guess the author is to thank for that: there is much of Abbie in her book, from coloured bookshelves to tasty waffles. Her spirit
Merie Shen
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was... wow!

Abbie sure knows how to write a good story with clean romance. I really enjoyed this little ride with Tessa and Weston! There were some downsides, of course, but we'll get to those later-- right now let me just list all the good stuff.

- the romance
- Tessa Dickinson
- Weston Ludovico
- Tessa being blind for 100 days
- Weston having no legs
- All the beautiful, beautiful, BEAUTIFUL poetry
- The beautiful writing that resulted f
Abbie Emmons has been writing stories ever since she could hold a pencil. What started out as an intrinsic love for storytelling has turned into her lifelong passion. There's nothing Abbie likes better than writing (and reading) stories that are both heartrending and humorous, with a touch of cute romance and a poignant streak of truth running through them. Abbie is also a YouTuber, singer/songwri ...more
“Weston is everything
And all at once.
Weston is gentle
And harsh.
Weston can be blindingly bright
But then he can also be
Delicately soft.
Weston is a paradox.”
4 likes
“And, actually, I was feeling pretty good at the time. My brothers were like individual rays of sunshine that had come crashing into my room to drive out the fragments of Despair. For a few minutes, everything was golden. And everything was okay.” 4 likes