Start by marking “Luca Vitiello (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Luca Vitiello (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #0.5)

Luca Vitiello

(Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles 0.5)

I was born a monster. Cruelty ran in my veins like poison. It ran in the veins of every Vitiello man, passed on from father to son, an endless spiral of monstrosity.
A born monster shaped into an even worse monster by my father’s blade and fists and harsh words.
I was raised to become Capo, to rule without mercy, to dish out brutality without a second thought.
Raised to bre
Published June 26th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Luca Vitiello, please sign up.
Nabla Pear Yes, it is. but with soooo much more detail about everything! It also gives us more detail about Luca's life before Aria.
there is more content and…more
there is more content and your understanding of Luca and his methods, his actions and his relationship with Aria is explained so much better. i really enjoyed this one wayyy more than i did Bound By Honour. (less)

MischaS_
Jun 04, 2019 marked it as not-sure-if-i-ll-read-it
A glimpse into Luca's childhood & teenage years as well as the events from Bound By Honor in his POV.

Does this mean that this is a full novel?

Which will include Luca's life before Aria and then it will retell the events of Bound By Honor from Luca's POV?

In all honesty, I don't really think that we need it. I would much rather see new characters. And I cannot imagine myself suffering through another book full of Aria.

If it were just a short novella about Luca's childhood and teenage years,
☽ jodi bibliophile ♥
Apr 30, 2019 marked it as to-read
HOLY FUCK!!!

It’s MY MAN’S COVER!!

I’m so excited for this book. So fucking excited!!

Like, think of the one time you were the most excited and times that by a million. THATS how excited I am.

My Capo.
My love.

photo F15C4599-CAC1-4D2D-ACD4-8FD7A477FE06_zpsskm2crxt.jpg
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
❤5 stars ❤

I devour it, it was simply amazing and imagine that still I haven’t read Bound by Honor so I need to read it immediately! I didn’t expect to like it so much but I was hooked and I couldn’t get enough of Aria and Luca!

“I wanted more than that. With Aria, I simply wanted. I wanted all of her, every little thing, not just her body, also her smiles and her closeness and her astonished gasps and breathless moans. I tightened my arm around her.”

description

I read this one in one sitting, it was fast pa
Weronika -  Little Steamy Reads
"She knew what I was, and for some reason that made me want to be good to her, to show her that there was more than brutality. At least when she was concerned."

When I was reading Bound by Honor long time ago I’ve dreamed about learning Luca's thoughts and my prayers have been finally answered! Cora Reilly gave the voice to her hottest mobster, who makes us fall in love with him again. But this book is not just Luca and Aria’s love story from his point of view. It’s also an insight into his past
NiCoLeTa E.
***4 "Luca Vitiello is addictive!!!! stars***

...I was gladly the monster everyone feared. Until her. Until Aria...

And that's the honest truth, guys!!!! Luca Vitiello is addictive and you're never going to get bored by seeing him around in the books of this series!!!!
Yes, we have heard his POV again in "Bound by love", but that book was after...
This book was before and during the events of the first book in the series, "Bound by honor"...
I love this man and i loved that i found out more about
Ivy H
This is a re-telling of Bound by Honor, but told entirely from the H's perspective.

There isn't much new information to add, except for Luca's childhood years and his role in his evil father's death. The rest of the storyline remained the same, but it was extra enlightening to see that the H was a lot more sensitive and vulnerable than we'd been led to expect in both Bound by Honor and the sequel, Bound by Love.

Readers of the series already know about the infamous skanky OW, Grace and her part
Betül
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

description

First of all you should know that this book is Bound By Honor told from Luca's POV (and a few new scenes from his childhood and teenage years). But it can be read as a stand-alone. Normally, I am not really interested in reading the same book told from a different POV. However, I read Bound by Honor almost five years ago and forgot most of what happened, so I decided to give this book a go. I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed reading Luc
Deborah
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved Bound by Honor and Luca Vitiello. I couldn’t get enough of his story.

So when Bound by Love came out I was thrilled. The story from Arias POV. While parts of that book were good I wished I’d never picked it up in the first place. It turns out Aria is not just annoying but an absolute idiot.

Then came this book. Luca Vitiello. After Bound by Love I wasn’t sure I could take much more Aria but it was Luca so ultimately I couldn’t say no.

This was a fabulous read. We get glimpses into Luca and
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Beatrice by: Hulya Kara Yuksel
Shelves: new-adult
I can't say this prequel is a novella. Luca Vitiello is a full length novel told in Luca's point of view in Bound by Honor. Additionally, we get to read a bit of his childhood and wilder days. I unexpectedly enjoyed this and you might find some scenes repetitive. It was nice to know Luca’s thoughts and his feelings for Aria. The best part for me was when he regrets his mistakes and felt shitty about it.

Overall, this is a good filler but if I'm choosing between this and Bound by Honor, I prefer
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
After reading Luca Vitiello I can honestly say I don't think I could love Cora Reilly's words more than I do right now. She provided some much needed insight into the man, the leader and the Capo that we have always loved but with so much breathtaking depth that it was nothing less than captivating. The picture she painted of him with his painful and strict and often brutal childhood was so vivid and rich in details and emotion. I loved every brilliant word!

More than anything I loved being in Lu
Lamees
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You’ll understand Luca very well, and get the answers for too many questions which was just mere suspicions and analysis we were as a members in Cora’s group took about..

Luca Vitiello is a man who raised up to become Capo, there wasn’t any space for love or even a little bit of kindness in his persona nor the world that surrounded him will accept any hint of weakness on his part...

But with Aria everything come unexpectedly..

“I will go where you go, no matter how dark the path”
BLuvsBooks
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story told from Luca POV.
Cora always writes amazing mafia books.
Nadine Bookaholic
It doesn't matter if you have read the Born in Blood Series already or are new to it, this is a book you do not want to miss! I will admit that although this series has been around for a while I hadn't read the first book, BOUND BY HONOR, until this past February and I was hooked I added the entire series to my TBR shelf so when I had the opportunity to receive an ARC of LUCA VITIELLO I jumped on it and I am soooo glad I did.

This story had everything I loved about the first book but from Luca's
My Pink Fairytales
Cruel ⭐

Although this is basically Bound by Honor written from the hero’s POV, it feels totally different.

First, there’s more focus on the Mafia business. If the other book was about Aria’s feelings and coping with the forced marriage, this one shows all the missing pieces of the story, exactly as it should.

I loved being inside Luca’s mind, even if I realized I overlooked a very important aspect the first time. Major spoiler/trigger alert!!! (view spoiler) An
Caro Richard
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So here we have it....an insight to Luca. Made Man. Capo.

'I was gladly the monster everyone feared. Until her. Until Aria.'

Like all good stories we start at the beginning.....a lost childhood, a childhood of fear, beatings and being moulded to be the leader of the family. Lers just say that Luca's father is the epitome of a monster, and that's putting it mildly!

The middle.....
'The marriages in our world rarely led to trust, much less love.'

Although we know how it goes, reading Luca's thoughts ma
RCK
Apr 30, 2019 added it
Shelves: undecided
Enough with Luca! Lets read about other characters.
Selma
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta
Bound by Honor was the book that started my obsession with Cora Reilly's Mafia stories and made me fall hopelessly in love with her hero Luca Vitiello, the ruthless and brutal Capo of the New York Famiglia, who ended up in an arranged marriage with the most beautiful woman the Chicago Outfit had to offer, Aria Scuderi, in order to guarantee peace between the opposing Mafia clans. Although they both never had a say in this and their bond was based on convenience rather than love they eventually f ...more
ilknur a.k.a. iko ◬
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it

That's why I love reading male povs, (or third person, or multiple). Generally I hate heroines cuz almost all of them annoying, and Aria is not worst but one of them (god I hate her sister, I really hate her.). Heroine pov annoys me. And as a alpha-man-who-brokes-his-love's-heart-addicted heterosexual female I dont care what women thinks, I care how they behave; and alpha or not as long as if they are not a pliable or true evil I want to get everything about them. Heroine bla bla blas are bullsh
Aղցela W.
This was a very good read that I liked a lot. This was " Bound By Honor" from Luca's POV. Luca was a straight killer this book was everything I expected it to be and more.The book gives us a look at his life growing with a father who was a mob boss who not only beat his sons but also his wives. Luca and Mateo's mother killed herself because she couldn't take him and the lifestyle of the mob anymore. Luca made his first kill at the age of 11. When his cousin set him and Mateo up to be killed Lu ...more
Jypsy
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've committed the cardinal sin-I have never read anything by Cora Reilly! I've promoted previous books but never got the chance to actually read one. Well, I started my journey with Luca Vitiello, and that was probably a mistake. Luca has ruined me for all other "mafia men". He's a lot of HOLY MOLY with a dash of WOW and a sprinkle of....sigh. It's that whole protect my woman at any cost, including murder, if necessary, vibe he's got going. That intensity of possession is the trait that makes h ...more
Shelley
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Light to his dark😁

Luca Vitiello is the first story in the Born in Blood Mafia series and features his life from early childhood until he eventually marries Aria, to ensure peace between the Outfit and the Famiglia. A lot of the story is similar obviously to Bound by Honor purely because it is about Luca and Aria, but being from Luca’s POV is different as it gives us insight into his mindset and his actions that we weren’t privy to before!

Thank you to Cora for my advanced copy for which I leave
Sangria
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My dream man. I could read 10 books about only Luca. Full Stop. Xoxo
Lostinthebook_
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
MANNN I CAN TELL THIS BOOK IS GONNA BE BOOOOOMMMMBBBBBBBB!!!!!! AHHH CAN NOT WAIT😭😱😱😱😍😍😍

HAVE YALL SEEN THE COVER?????!!!!!!!!! HOLYS HIT JUST PERFECTION I CANT WAIT TO BUY IT IN PAPERBACK KILL ME.
Zainab Mahmood
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
***ARC provided in exchange for an honest review***

Ever since reading Bound by Honor more than 3 years ago, there was this niggling feeling that the book felt incomplete somehow. This void was brought on by the fact that Luca’s POV was missing, and although the book was perfect in its entirety, there were crucial moments that left me wondering, ‘What was Luca thinking when this happened? How did he feel when that happened?’ And lo and behold, Cora graced us with not just snippets of Bound by Hon
madge.
Jun 27, 2019 rated it liked it
3 STARS

I think this is a case of "it's not you, it's me".

Do not go into this book expecting it to be a new story. The author has been quite honest about the fact there's not really any new content in here, so be aware of that before buying.

I will admit, I'm not a fan of this sort of book and never have been. I read it because I'm lucky enough to be on the Cora Reilly's arc team but on my own, I probably never would've picked it up.

Reading Luca Vitiello is essentially the same as rereading Bound
Kim BookJunkie
I loved this book and cannot wait to read the rest of the series! Full review coming...
Harim (The Reader Blog)
It's here.. My biggest love is here and I am just at a loss for words..

After all these years of waiting and yearning and my heart is so frigging full I cannot even form coherent words at this point.
After the initial bitch fit from my kindle when I finally got my ARC..EVERYTHING JUST..

It's perfection. It's just so..EVERYTHING.

Cora sheds a cold light on Luca's life before Aria. His childhood, his life and what fresh hell it was with a father like his and Matteo's. Why these brothers love each
Karin Beniashvili
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Micheala
Thank you to the author and The Next Step PR for an ARC of this novel.

Oh. My. Goodness.

This book will make headlines.

It’s a retelling of book 1 but in Luca’s POV. This series was already great, but it just became that much better by having this in its repertoire. How have I lived before this book? If Luca wasn’t already everything to you after reading the first book, then he will be now. It gives a fantastic, new insight into Luca and all that occured on his side. In Book 1, we’re privy to Ar
RDR
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bound by honor is always gonna be my fave book of cora reilly. Knowing i will get luca's pov makes me so excited.. Cant wait to read it! 🙏🙏
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
I'm an author of romance and new adult novels. I'm a lover of good food, wine and books, and I'm hopelessly addicted to bad boys (in books).
Join my reader's group on Facebook: Cora's Flamingo Squad

If you want to be notified of new releases and cover reveals, AND get the occasional bonus, then you should sign up for my
Newsletter!

Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles (6 books)
  • Bound by Honor (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #1)
  • Bound by Duty (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #2)
  • Bound by Hatred (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #3)
  • Bound by Temptation (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #4)
  • Bound by Vengeance (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #5)
  • Bound by Love (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #6)