Start by marking “Little Muir's Song” as Want to Read:
Little Muir's Song

Little Muir's Song

This playful book invites children to ramble through rolling hills, climb friendly trees, and listen to bird song on the breeze as they follow along with famed conservationist John Muir's lyrical prose and award winning illustrator Susie Ghahremani's irresistibly cheerful paintings.

With creatures to spot and small adventures to follow, Little Muir's Song takes young reade
Board book, 14 pages
Published August 13th 2019 by Yosemite Conservancy

To ask other readers questions about Little Muir's Song, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Muir's Song

Start your review of Little Muir's Song
susie
Apr 22, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-made-this
It was a privilege to bring John Muir's words to life with my artwork.

I love that the altruistic mission of sharing the gift of nature extends to every corner of this project: the book is printed on FSC paper, funded by Yosemite Conservancy, and every single purchase of it benefits conservation at Yosemite National Park.
Elizabeth
Jul 27, 2022 rated it it was amazing
This book is beautiful. It is a board book, meant for the youngest humans, but could just as easily be on display in the space of anyone who loves nature. The song has a simple message...nature is a part of us. Lovely.
Jane
Feb 08, 2020 rated it liked it
more for the adult than child but pretty and cute.
Tonja Drecker
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The love of nature and the world around us radiates from every page.

This is a sweet, little board book, which simply celebrates nature and invites young listeners (and older readers) to join in on the wonder of life. It's poetic and yet, not difficult to understand. The beauty beams from every page as nature turns into a sheer joy, which not only surrounds but flows through on an inner level.

Nature lovers will enjoy this read and instantly understand the meaning behind the song. But then, even o
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We love this sweet little book! I love the beautiful John Muir prose, and the rich child-engaging illustrations keep our 3 year old asking for this one again and again. A perfect book for lovers of nature, and especially for those of us in California!
Bredee Holden
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Illustrations are BEAUTIFUL and the words, if possible, even more so. Made me cry because of the gentleness and goodness that it teaches - the best kind of children’s book.
Awjtf
Oct 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
lovely book!
Beth
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"The sun shines not on us but in us.
The rivers flow not past, but through us."

Short, stunning writing in board book format from John Muir's journals.
MariNaomi
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic
Such a beautifully rendered children's book! I'm especially drawn to the material as someone who grew up in Marin County, where John Muir was king. ...more
Rosalind Andrews
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved the illustrations.
Miss Sarah
Jan 27, 2020 rated it liked it
A toddler and up book about nature connecting to poepl using the words of naturist John Muir
Michele Redman
May 20, 2022 rated it really liked it
few words, cute pics
Sep 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read this daily since receiving it last week to mentally combat heat and smoke. Love the Little Muir series from Susie; yes, they are children’s books first and foremost, but a wonder for nature lovers, too.
Nov 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My daughters LOVE this sweet book! My toddler especially loved the cute frog that shows up on several pages and enjoyed pointing it out. Such a sweet poetic book and love how it celebrates being out in nature!

• Dinner with Edward: A Story of an Unexpected Friendship
  • Who Is Dwayne the Rock Johnson?
  • The 47 People You'll Meet in Middle School
  • Life Lessons from the Ocean: Soothing Wisdom from the Sea
  • The Story Paradox: How Our Love of Storytelling Builds Societies and Tears them Down
  • The Vanderbeekers Make A Wish (The Vanderbeekers, #5)
  • Time of Wonder
  • Neruda on the Park
  • Boats for Papa
  • Julián Is a Mermaid (Julián, #1)
  • Sit Down to Rise Up: How Radical Self-Care Can Change the World
  • What Comes After
  • Wishtree
  • You Can’t Be Serious
  • Whisper Network
  • Go, Dog. Go!
  • Haven
  • Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories
John Muir (1838 – 1914) was a Scottish-American naturalist, author, and early advocate of preservation of wilderness in the United States. His letters, essays, and books telling of his adventures in nature, especially in the Sierra Nevada mountains of California, have been read by millions. His activism helped to preserve the Yosemite Valley, Sequoia National Park and other wilderness areas. The S ...more