Start by marking “Little Muir's Song” as Want to Read:
Little Muir's Song

Little Muir's Song

This playful book invites children to ramble through rolling hills, climb friendly trees, and listen to bird song on the breeze as they follow along with famed conservationist John Muir's lyrical prose and award winning illustrator Susie Ghahremani's irresistibly cheerful paintings.

With creatures to spot and small adventures to follow, Little Muir's Song takes young reade
Board book, 14 pages
Published August 13th 2019 by Yosemite Conservancy

To ask other readers questions about Little Muir's Song, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Muir's Song

Start your review of Little Muir's Song
susie
Apr 22, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-made-this
It was a privilege to bring John Muir's words to life with my artwork.

I love that the altruistic mission of sharing the gift of nature extends to every corner of this project: the book is printed on FSC paper, funded by Yosemite Conservancy, and every single purchase of it benefits conservation at Yosemite National Park.
Tonja Drecker
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The love of nature and the world around us radiates from every page.

This is a sweet, little board book, which simply celebrates nature and invites young listeners (and older readers) to join in on the wonder of life. It's poetic and yet, not difficult to understand. The beauty beams from every page as nature turns into a sheer joy, which not only surrounds but flows through on an inner level.

Nature lovers will enjoy this read and instantly understand the meaning behind the song. But then, even o
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We love this sweet little book! I love the beautiful John Muir prose, and the rich child-engaging illustrations keep our 3 year old asking for this one again and again. A perfect book for lovers of nature, and especially for those of us in California!
Bredee Holden
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Illustrations are BEAUTIFUL and the words, if possible, even more so. Made me cry because of the gentleness and goodness that it teaches - the best kind of children’s book.
Awjtf
Oct 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
lovely book!
Beth
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"The sun shines not on us but in us.
The rivers flow not past, but through us."

Short, stunning writing in board book format from John Muir's journals.
Mari
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic
Such a beautifully rendered children's book! I'm especially drawn to the material as someone who grew up in Marin County, where John Muir was king.
Rosalind Andrews
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved the illustrations.
Miss Sarah
Jan 27, 2020 rated it liked it
A toddler and up book about nature connecting to poepl using the words of naturist John Muir
J.
Feb 08, 2020 rated it liked it
more for the adult than child but pretty and cute.

• Go, Dog. Go!
  • Clifford Takes A Trip
  • The Snurtch
  • In the Middle of Fall
  • The Story of Ferdinand
  • Fingers for Lunch
  • A Band of Babies
  • Baby Loves Structural Engineering!
  • Under a Pig Tree: A History of the Noble Fruit (A Mixed-Up Book)
  • Birds of a Color
  • Bulldozer's Big Day
  • Frog and Toad Are Friends (Frog and Toad, #1)
  • Happy Dreamer
  • If You Give a Moose a Muffin
  • Who's Hiding?
  • Bob's Rock
  • Fit and Feel Moo
  • Look Both Ways: A Tale Told in Ten Blocks
John Muir (1838 – 1914) was a Scottish-American naturalist, author, and early advocate of preservation of wilderness in the United States. His letters, essays, and books telling of his adventures in nature, especially in the Sierra Nevada mountains of California, have been read by millions. His activism helped to preserve the Yosemite Valley, Sequoia National Park and other wilderness areas. The S ...more

News & Interviews