Start by marking “The Final Outbreak (Madness Chronicles #1-3)” as Want to Read:
The Final Outbreak (Madness Chronicles #1-3)

The Final Outbreak

(Madness Chronicles #1-3)

For the first time, all THREE Madness books are offered in one heavily discounted title as The Last Outbreak. Get your copy today—over 800 pages of action—this huge discount won't last long!
Our End is Coming. It’s Closer Than You Think. And It’s Real.
The final outbreak starts with animals and moves swiftly to humans, turning the infected violent.

Cities fall as the ou
Published April 8th 2019 by Toes in the Water Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Final Outbreak, please sign up.
M.L. Banner I wanted "The Ultimate Last Final Outbreak," but the publisher held the line, saying it sounded too absolute. The description now reflects the actual …moreI wanted "The Ultimate Last Final Outbreak," but the publisher held the line, saying it sounded too absolute. The description now reflects the actual title, "The Final Outbreak", and amazingly... the discount is still there too. Enjoy!(less)

Start your review of The Final Outbreak (Madness Chronicles #1-3)
Lela Woodard
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow

What a thought provoking book. The twists and turns just keep you on the edge. Great read, one with so much insight.
CloudyEm
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well researched and written

Great characters to follow through a very well written plot.
Horrible circumstances interspersed with some clever humour at times.
I think Horror not thriller would be a better description.
Looking forward to reading more from this talented author.
Susan Tydings
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
How Can You Experience Too Many Disasters?

I like LONG drawn out stories with a lot of fast paced action. Be careful what you wish for. Tsunamis, earthquakes, plague spewing volcanoes, man eating mammals, cannibalistic psychotic people, all adrift out at sea in a giant cruise ship. Wait, wait, give this book a chance. If you read just the cover you might be tempted to toss it, however it is a fast paced read the grows on you. I almost took notes to keep all the characters straight. On a warm summ
Brenda Fryland
Jun 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: abandoned
Started out ok, although some character behaviors were pretty silly.
Backstories ludicrous. Main idea pretty cool with raging animals. Story devolved and I could no longer suspend disbelief about 2/3 through first book. Rating 4 at first then 2. Not moving on to next book.
Susie Nelson
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very good

I have to admit, I got in trouble with my husband for reading this series. I was so caught up on it I ordered pizza and KC chicken for supper so I would not have to cook. I really enjoyed this I hope you do too.
Amanda
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the character development and the microcosm of having all of the characters on a cruise ship. I am very hopeful that the author will continue this series.
Mike Keller
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Rage Virus has gone viral! It began with birds, like a Hitchcock movie.

The world has gone crazy, starting with the explosive eruptions of volcanoes around the 'Ring of Fire' and the haze of volcanic ash clouds blanketed the planet. Airline traffic was crippled as the powdery grit clogged engines. From the clouds of ash flew feathered fury. Nothing living escaped their wrath. Waves of mice and rats overwhelmed all in their path leaving blood and bones behind.

The explanation was found to be a
Jamie
Jul 09, 2019 rated it did not like it
Dull, cliched characters, very sketchy science, and an interesting idea that was utterly ruined in the end product. The science isn't even forgivable in the context of science fiction, or simply 'fiction,' because the author used real concepts and organisms. If an author chooses to use real organisms, pathogens, or other elements, those elements need to have at least the basics portrayed correctly. Banner did not get the basics right.
This series (i guess, I don't consider this long enough to be
Pam Shelton-Anderson
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
When I first watched the "Walking Dead" I had thought that being on an island or cruise ship would be the best place to ride out the apocalypse, but this story illustrates how misguided that would be. I like that this is a larger, normal sized book instead of the current trend of episodic length booklets. This was a solid 3.5 for me, but I rounded up because the writing was decent and the story, for the most part, interesting. I don't know enough microbiology to determine if the premise of the s ...more
Jerry Mount
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
An interesting take on the sorta-Zombie Apocalypse story. The history and science presented explaining the "Madness" is a little different from the typical story in this genre. The mix of characters and settings in this book is pretty interesting. A cruise ship on the high seas is a cool setting to ride out an Apocalyptic event. Most of the story was within my limits of believability for this genre. SPOILER: The La Palma volcano/tsunami thing was over the top for me, having studied the real scie ...more
Sharon Stellburg
Sep 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Why I gave four stars

I like the way the book was done and by the ending the only thing I was not able to like was the encounter with the island itself was good writing but unlikely to have simply not the outcome of it had in real life no one would just let those people enter without a pat down also would have had guards to watch over the refueling after what had happened last time that the ship refueling and the keeping the infected locked in room that they had more than one way to get out and
Roberta J. Kassan
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Transatlantic, i just spent 14 days on a princess ship traveling from ft l to southamton so this tale had a good deal to remember abt my crossing, i did enjoy reading this as i could see it happen ing . The story was very real. The ship was real and i could imagine tge people and animals. I really want to know what happend to the people as they set up their lives compared the rest of the world situation.

What happened to little girl and little boy. Whose son is he
Also would like to know abt wha
Rosann
Jun 05, 2019 rated it liked it
I guess it was a ok read. Different version of how a virus evolved, though the book itself didn’t keep me to a point where I just had to turn the page and finish it same day.

Plus Chapter 2 ( about TJ) her story and how she became very afraid of dogs, I did not have any compulsion to read at all.

Her story probably should have been first or because her fear was explained in first chapter didn’t need to be given a chapter 2 story.
So I just closed the book and didn’t bother reading Chapter 2
Ian
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not your run of the mill Zombie Apocalypse

I have never been able to get into zombie fiction, finding just too ridiculous to be enjoyable, but the Madness trilogy steers clear of the gore and has a definite grounding in science to carry it off. The characters are believable and the reader is drawn into the plot making it a satisfying page-turner where you're eager to find out what can come next.
This will attract lovers of the zombie and general apocalyptic fiction alike. A follow up is a must.
lynn m harrison
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good read

I wasn’t sure that I was going to like this book but I did! It is different from other end of the world books and o had a hard time putting it down. The only thing that was a little annoying was the use of the word glare/glared in the story. Sometimes it seemed out of place in a sentence. The word glared would be used but I didn’t get the impression that the character was angry with the other person so why use that word. But otherwise I really enjoyed the story and would definitely lik
Robert Chapman
Aug 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: survival, fiction, zombies
This trilogy is a zombie/rage virus type of story. What I liked about it is that the way the virus was born and how it spreads was a bit different than the usual means. I also liked the cruise ship setting as it introduced both advantages and disadvantages to the survivors.

While it had it unique points and was enjoyable, I found that it dragged on a bit and story had some weird twists with the virus which I found unbelievable.

Still a good read, but just a bit above average.
Helen P
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First book in a long time I couldn’t put down

I read a lot of this genre and this one is the best one I’ve read in a while. I couldn’t put it down and read the entire three book series every free moment I had. It has good character development and lead-into the event that happens. Hoping the author writes more books about the characters and next events.
Catherine DiVincenzo
The best ending that could possibly be.

There were many parts of this book when I just wanted to stop reading it,but I kept hoping it would have a happy ending. Something like the events in this book, were abhorrent to me. But the idea that they were al! Looking out for each other kept me reading.
Loves To
Aug 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great Series

The characters are believable enough to really be able to root for them. I liked the way the story progresses with characters growing and learning about themselves. In the end I'm wondering how the cruise ship exists with no more fuel being produced. If it traveled to other areas where they found other survivors. Would definitely recommend this book.
Mr. Richard W. Fulton
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Suspense

A lot of detail, numerous likeable and some not so likeable characters, suspense, science and wonderment as to what will happen next offering a need for the reader to continue to read.
Marcie Pfeifer
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this series.

I really enjoyed all three books. Even the scenes where animals didn't make it were tolerable (usually that's not the case) because it didn't go into details (or I skipped them that well) and their deaths were pertinent to human survival.
Tina Langford
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cruz of a lifetime

Awesome story line, well developed characters. The characters are great they grow you. You will cheer for them,cry with them and !I've them. Not only a well written story, its also a very interesting read.
Sharron Burkard
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What's next????

I've read all three books - couldn't put them down. Interesting story lines, engaging characters, believable time lines. Hope there's more to come. Still some loose ends to tie up.
Eileen Trainor
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sorry to see the end of this book

I really enjoyed this book. Well written with many subplots, it was a pleasure to read. Usually authors who attempt such a saga produce chaos. This book had one error, glaring in that there were none other. Well done Mr. Banner!
Emily Gabaldon
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good read

Interesting mix of characters.
Fascinating idea of the initial cause of the disease, and how it changes the host as well as its progression from animal to human infected and thinking.
Sharyl
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kept my interest

Ok, I have a high bar when it comes to medical fiction. Mistakes and clumsiness really catch me up. This story has many stumbles in the scientific accuracy department, but satisfies with characters and story line. Kept me reading.
Lawrence
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good book

Good book long detailed and very exciting for the most part. Surprised that some of the people who have been bitten still have their human body. I would recommend a book to anyone who likes zombies
Thomas L.  Macklin
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great story.

I have read a lot of end if life as we know thrillers but this story was well thought out, the characters were not shallow and believable. I felt like this could actually happen.
Traci Chapman
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Series

I really enjoyed this series - the writing and editing were outstanding, the twists well-done, but it was the strength of the characters that truly shined and made it so enjoyable (and sometimes heartbreaking) and really worth a read.
Walt Bush
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To author: please continue this series.

I'm new to this author and genre. I'm a retired engineer and prolific reader of fiction - mostly science fiction. I would like to see how the world copes with the disease and how the next generation progresses.

• One Final Gasp
  • Melt (Melt, #1)
  • Satan's Gate (Extinction Survival #2)
  • Lost Valley (Extinction Survival #1)
  • Sink (Melt #2)
  • Heaven's Fist Box Set (Heaven's Fist, #1-9)
  • Bury (Melt, #3)
  • Burn (Melt, #4)
  • Rules of Darkness (Survival Rules, #3)
  • End of Summer (Seasons of Man #1)
  • Rules of Conflict (Survival Rules, #2)
  • Contamination: The Complete Post-Apocalyptic Series
  • Turbulent (Days of Want #1)
  • Raze (Melt, #5)
  • The Long Fall Box Set: The Complete Long Fall Series - Books 1-10
  • DRYP: The Final Pandemic (DRYP Trilogy #1)
  • The Last Cabin
  • Escape the Virus (Last Pandemic #1)
Hello lovers of apocalyptic thrillers!

I devour the same books I enjoy writing: science fiction, but especially anything apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic or dystopian. I love stories about regular people being thrust into extra ordinary circumstances, and having to rely on their own cunning and that of others to survive.

MADNESS Chronicles (JUST RELEASED), as well as the Highway & Stone Age Series are t

Madness Chronicles (3 books)
  • Madness (Madness Chronicles, #1)
  • Parasitic (Madness Chronicles #2)
  • Symptomatic (Madness Chronicles #3)

News & Interviews