Start by marking “Yours Truly: Parables and Stories” as Want to Read:
Yours Truly: Parables and Stories

Yours Truly: Parables and Stories

Here is a collection of brilliant and poignant parables, for personal reading and public use. Each offers a penetrating insight into some aspect of the Christian faith. They include:

A CELEBRITY QUESTIONS JESUS – a variant on the Rich Young Ruler

THE LOVE AFFAIR – a young woman, whose husband has betrayed her, finds healing in the crucified Christ

THE SECRET OF LIFE – a young
Published August 15th 2019 by SPCK Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Yours Truly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yours Truly

Start your review of Yours Truly: Parables and Stories
Kathy
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
In Yours Truly: Parables and Stories, Murray Watts takes several of the parables of Jesus and rewrites them in a contemporary setting.

I found it very refreshing to view parables that Christians have heard or read hundreds of times previously in a new light! A very enjoyable and meaningful read!

Many thanks to NetGalley and SPCK for allowing me to read this novel in exchange for an unbiased review.
Hugh Dunnett
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Such a short book could be read in an hour, but that would be to miss the point.
These short stories, termed parables by the publisher, are probably best read individually to allow the reader time to digest them and understand the author’s intentions. They are short, bright and lyrical but are immeasurably deep and it is hard not to move from story to story without stopping to reflect on what you have just learned.

Many of these parables could fit into a gospel but many are distinctly modern and
Deborah
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful collection of parables. These really make you think and I thoroughly recommend this book.
The one I have just finished suggested what might have happened if Peter had been able to retire as a sideline. He leaves Rome but meets Jesus heading towards Rome.. Peter follows Him back to be crucified upside down as he feels so unworthy.
Although the stories take a short time to read you will likely ponder on them much longer to get the full benefits.
I was given this book by Netgalley and the

• Spiritual Life Hacks: Uncommon Solutions to Common Challenges
  • A Knife for Harry Dodd (Chief Inspector Littlejohn #21)
  • One Good Deed
  • Cari Mora
  • The Perfect Wife
  • Lost You
  • Many Ways to Say I Love You: Wisdom for Parents and Children from Mister Rogers
  • Because You're Mine
  • Life's Journeys According to Mister Rogers: Things to Remember Along the Way
  • Keeping Lucy
  • Kiss the Earth
  • Choosing Compassion: How to Be of Benefit in a World That Needs Our Love
  • River of Fire: My Spiritual Journey
  • Finding Beauty: 170 Ways to Look on the Bright Side
  • Simply Spaced: Clear the Clutter and Style Your Life
  • Jesus, Day by Day: A One-Year, Through-The-Bible Devotional to Help You See Him on Every Page
  • 100 Poems