Start by marking “Yara's Tawari Tree (Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Yara's Tawari Tree (Book 1)

Yara's Tawari Tree (Book 1)

Yara lives with her Mama in the Amazon jungle trying to rescue her beloved but increasingly troubled rainforest home.

When Yara falls gravely ill, the forest returns the love and saves Yara’s life.

Written in rhyme and featuring vibrant watercolor illustrations by Joanna Pasek, this is the introductory volume to a new picture-book series showing children how all living thing
Published March 15th 2019 by Independent Book Publishers Assoc .(IBPA)

To ask other readers questions about Yara's Tawari Tree, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yara's Tawari Tree

Mackey
Yara and her mother live in the rain forest but, sadly it is slowly being destroyed by those who want to use its beautiful big trees for lumber and other chemicals. Yara and her mother work very hard to care for the forest, to nurture and give back to the forest and all those who live within it. One day, when Yara falls dangerously ill, the forest finds a way to return the love by helping to heal Yara with the magic of the Tawari tree.

Yara and the Tawari Tree is very simply told book written in
Briar's Reviews
Yossi Lapid does it again with another beautifully written story with a truly marvelous (and important!) theme.

Yara's Tawari Tree follows a young girl named Yara in her rain forest, jungle hut. Her parrot friend brings her to a little tree seedling that is going to be cut down due to deforestation and together they save it! Years down the road, her family needs that tree's help and it delivers!

This is a truly wonderful story with absolutely remarkable art work. The water colour style really fits
Andrea Fleury
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
La Coccinelle
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children, arc
I read an earlier version of this book (titled Yara and her Mystery Tree ) back in January. At the time, my feelings were mixed. I had some issues with the plot and writing. Recently, I was contacted by the author with an offer to read the updated version, now called Yara's Tawari Tree. I'm happy to report that the book is now a lot better; the story is tighter, the potential invasive species issue has been resolved, and the message about the value of the forest and its trees is a lot clearer.

A
R.A.
This was cute!! I love that Yara saved the tree and visa versa!! Also, the poetry was very good! :) The illustrations were superb as well!

I'd recommend this to quite young readers as it's about a little girl. The pictures will interest any reader, but definitely youngsters!

I received an ARC copy of this book from the author in exchange for my honest review. These are my own opinions.
Jerrye Bell
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Yara’s Tawari Tree by Yossi Lapid

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

___________________________________________________________

Story Notes

Yossi Lapid offers a children’s book in a warmer climate that she’s chosen before that teaches the importance of taking care of the world around us.

I’m so excited to now be able to review children’s books along with adult books. As a preschool teacher of Sunday School and children’s choir, I know the value of reading and books in a child’s life. And books that teach less
Melissa
Yara's Tawari Tree was a very short rhyming picture book about a tree in a rainforest. When the Tawari Tree was a sapling, it risked dying along with other trees who were victims of deforestation. Yara came to the rescue and replanted the tree at her place. One day, Yara falls ill and the tree saves her life because of its medicinal properties.

While I love the rhyming aspect of the book, I was hoping for a story that would focus a bit more on deforestation and the benefits that come with saving
Xstch3
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this little book! The illustrations are colorful and lush and it had a wonderful message. It's about Yara and her Mom who live with the land and forage and treat nature with respect. A Tawari tree is in danger from a bulldozer clearing the rain forest and she gently transplants the little tree in a safe place. She comes down with a deadly disease that only the Tawari tree can cure. This little book and it's beautifully rhyming text portray the danger that we face if the rain forests are ...more
Nicole O'Connor
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: People who want their children to grow-up caring for the environment.
Recommended to Nicole by: I follow Yossi's work.
I received an ARC (advanced reader copy) of Yara’s Tawari Tree, written by Yossi Lapid. *Spoiler alert. This lovely short story unfolds in a simple rhyming format which is easy to read and follow. The lively colourful illustrations far outnumber the pages with text and that, in my opinion, makes it extra special. The story is about a young girl living in a jungle who witnesses deforestation. She takes pity on a small tree and nurtures it. Later, she falls seriously ill, but the local medicine ma ...more
Christine
It's a good book about why forests are important, but it also deals with traditional medicine and life. It's nice.
Tony Parsons
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazon jungle Yara lives with her Mama.
Out on the horizon, there was smoke.
The houses are made of wood.
Yara set off into the woods to gather berries & mushrooms for her family.
Chant (parrot) wanted Yara to follow him.

The Tawari tree seedling needed help.
She dug it up & took it home to her mother.
They replanted it & as yrs. went by it grew tall/beautiful.
Her mom had gotten sick & Yara went to the village to get Manu.
He did not have good news for the 2 of them.
The Tawari tree g
Literary
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yara’s Tawari Tree by Yossi Lapid is a children’s short fiction story that takes place in the rain forest. A young girl named Yara and her mother live a self-sustaining life surrounded by nature. One day, a Parrot named Chant leads Yara to the seedling of a Tawari tree that is in danger of being cut by big machines. Yara digs up the plant to save it and replants it near her home. But will her care of the seedling be enough to keep the Tawari tree alive?

I really enjoyed reading this book. I liked
Ilana
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Yara is living together with her mother in their quiet rainforest corner. They are happy and they embraced the pristine environment. But not too far away, the threatening human machines are taking over the land.

When Yara saved a seedling of Tawari tree (called also Ixerba, it is a native honey flower tree, used among others to treat infections and various inflammations) she couldn't foresee that this tree will later save her life. As she fell very sick, a concotion made of the tree's leaves brou
Panakaniclive.Com
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful little book, that teaches an important message to our little ones. The story is written with rhyme and rhythm, making it a joy to read aloud, and appealing to the littles. My four year old granddaughter wants it read to her, multiple times, in one sitting! The illustrations are beautifully done, and evoke the richness of the rainforest. I highly recommend!
J Aislynn d'Merricksson
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Yara's Tawari Tree by Yossi Lapid is an adorable story about a young girl named Yara who lives in a lush rainforest. She finds a baby plant that's not thriving. With the help of her mum, she moves the plant to a better location, and it grows into a beautiful tree. Later, when Yara gets suck, she needs a medicine that comes from the specific tree. Written in charming rhyme, and accompanied by gorgeous watercolour artwork, this story teaches young readers the value of working with nature, and the ...more
Julie Barrett
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yara's Tawari Tree by Yossi Lapid
Very imaginative children's colorful rhyming story where words are easy to read because of the size and they stick out=not getting hidden in dark pictures.
You can not only see what is going on with the clearing but you can read the words.
Amazon jungles: Yara goes off to collect berries and other food in the woods til they come across a shout for help from the seedling.
The grandmother comes to visit and when Yara falls sick they start looking for a certain cure:
f
Shae
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this to my 5-year-old daughter and she enjoyed it. She loved the pictures and kept going back to pictures to look at them again. She asked many questions and she understood the message of in the story; i.e we need to take care of the environment around us so that it can take care of us.

Everything in nature is there for a reason and mankind needs to think about some more rather than about destroy nature to make room for more buildings.

The story is beautifully illustrated and easy to read
Jewel Hart
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yara’s Tawari Tree by Yossi Lapid is a charming, fun and beautiful story for young children to enjoy and delight in, while being educated about the importance of nature and the trees that surround them.

Yara is a young girl who lives her life in the jungle, amongst the beautiful nature of the rainforest, with her mother. When a Parrot named Chant takes Yara to a Tawari tree that is in danger of being cut down and cleared out with the rest of the trees, Yara carefully uproots it and takes it home.
Storywraps
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This timely and delightful book is the first in a brand new series. It is created by the talented author of the bestselling "Snowman Paul Series".

Yara, an indigenous little girl, lives with her mother deep in the rainforest in a humble hut. Her world around her is in grave peril. Loud thundering noises are booming from monstrous machines and smoke is rising high into the air. Strangers are cutting down her beloved trees and destroying the forest that she loves and needs to survive.

"They are cl
Ella James
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yara’s Tawari Tree by Yossi Lapid is a wonderful, entertaining and fun children’s book that kids will love and enjoy. With an important message about our world and environment, Yara’s Tawari Tree is a delightful must read, story and book, for every young child in your life.

Little Yara lives in the rain forest with her mama. She saves a young Tawari tree from being destroyed and cut down. Later on when Yara falls sick, the Tawari tree’s bark is made into a tea and saves her life in return.

Yara’s
Cynthia  Gutzwiller
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There was a plant in the rainforest who thought it's end was nearing. A mother and child lived nearby and the parrot went to go get her. Yara ran from carefully digging up the small seedling to her mother. They found the best place to plant it. Yara took care of it and watched it grow. Yara was starting to get very tired and then very.ill. Her mother sent for the shaman. What happened to Yara? Did she get better? You get to lidsten/read to find out. Yipee!!
☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀ The amount of stars this boo
Kat
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Illustrations are what drew me to this book, Paul the Snowman is one of my grandsons ( now 5) favourites to read on my Kindle - and when I saw that Yossi had written a story based in the Amazon I knew I would be interested in getting it to read to my grandkids, As an Artist I am always drawn to beautifully illustrated books for kids, this one has such beautiful detail it brings the Jungle to life. The tale Yossi has written is also a poignant message to teach our children - another reason fo ...more
Tamiko Pettee
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
With beautiful illustrations and a touching story, this book delivers an important message about the interdependence of man and nature.

Yara discovers a Tawari tree that needs her help to be saved from the destructive path of man. Yara cares for the tree and raises it to be a strong and healthy specimen. In a surprising turn of events, the tree ends up saving Yara’s life with its healing properties.

Perfect for readers both young and old, this book teaches us to value and respect mother nature be
Theresa Wade
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children, read_2019
I look forward to reading this book to my grandkids the next time they visit me. The illustrations are bright and colorful. This provides a very important message to kids. The story emphasizes on how we need to take care of the environment around us in order for it to take care of us. The Tawari Tree provided the cure for Yara to get better. This may not have happened if she had not saved the seedling from becoming extinct.
Vanessa
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This wonderful book is another story filled with musicality. We journey into the Rainforest with the rhymes of a story that we should really pay attention too. The illustrations complete our imagination, and make us genuinely hear the sounds, feel the heat and the rustle of feathers and trees.
Yara is such a sweet girl, and her gestures result in greatness. It's a valuable lesson of doing good and be kind to cultivate goodness and life.
I also appreciate that I can learn from the books as I read
Rebecca Brown
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a beautifully written book. Yara loves her rain forest home and
wants to save it. Instead the rain forest saves her when she falls ill.
I loved reading this book. A book I can read with my grandchildren.
Deepa Remesh
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Showcasing kindness, environmental protection, and the hidden uses of trees

This story of a girl who saves a young Tawari tree has many subtle messages bundled into the storyline. The girl doesn't know the tree or its type but saves it as a kind gesture. We are first taken to a beautiful rainforest and shown how deforestation can harm trees. We also understand the hidden benefits of trees, in this case, a Tawari tree which has healing properties. In addition to showing the importance of trees an