Start by marking “Dark and Deepest Red” as Want to Read:
Dark and Deepest Red

Dark and Deepest Red

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  1 rating  ·  13 reviews
Summer, 1518. A strange sickness sweeps through Strasbourg: women dance in the streets, some until they fall down dead. As rumors of witchcraft spread, suspicion turns toward Lavinia and her family, and Lavinia may have to do the unimaginable to save herself and everyone she loves.

Five centuries later, a pair of red shoes seal to Rosella Oliva’s feet, making her dance unco
Expected publication: January 14th 2020 by Feiwel & Friends

To ask other readers questions about Dark and Deepest Red, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark and Deepest Red

it was amazing 5.00  ·
 ·  1 rating  ·  13 reviews

Chaima ✨ شيماء
95% of my life consists of looking forward to this book which, according to the author, "casts one of Andersen's most brutal fairy tales in the light of the true medieval events that likely inspired it. At the center is a Romani girl & trans boy. Plus an ending that is so queer [she] may have officially out-gayed [her]self."

TAKE. MY. MONEY.
Elise (TheBookishActress)
Jun 11, 2019 marked it as releases-2020
I’m so delighted by everything about this blurb. Anna-Marie I love you
Jonna Peltokangas
Apr 29, 2019 marked it as to-read
”a brutal fairy tale. the true medieval events that may have inspired it. two girls of color, 500 years apart. and the queerest ending I've ever written.”

I CAN’T WAIT!!!
˗ˏˋliaˎˊ˗
May 04, 2019 marked it as 2020-anticipated-releases
this cover is GORGEOUS and the premise sounds SOOO GOOD!!! i’m super excited, can it please be 2020 already
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
I want to read everything Anna-Marie McLemore ever writes, forever, honestly, and I'm so excited for this. ♥
Alissa
Mar 22, 2019 marked it as to-read
Oooooooh! Pretty cover!! But please, tell me more about this book!!
✨ emma ✨
Jun 11, 2019 marked it as to-read
all I know about the french dancing plague thing, I learned from shane from buzzfeed unsolved
Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
May 30, 2019 marked it as tbr-unreleased
Shelves: 2020-releases
Why, of course I’m going to be reading this book!! A beautiful cover?? And a Hans Christian Andersen retelling?? This is e v e r y t h i n g.
marina
Jun 12, 2019 marked it as to-read
I want this book so badly. It's the roma rep we need and deserve
♠️ TABI ♠️
May 03, 2019 marked it as to-read
oh dear Lord it's a novel-length fairytale retelling from this author who always writes such beautiful stories???

G I M M E plz
Rebecca Speas
Every Anna-Marie McLemore book is a gift, and DARK AND DEEPEST RED is truly something wondrous. Eerily suspenseful, achingly romantic, and fiercely defiant, it is a love story for the overlooked, a fairytale for the outcast, and a triumphant song for those whose stories go untold. It is a book to savor, to embrace, to wrap around your heart to keep out the cold. This book will dance your heart to pieces and then tenderly stitch it back together.
Nèngath
Jun 12, 2019 marked it as to-read
A McLemore's novel taking place in France, my home country (and thank the lord, not in Paris)???
I really hope she is not going to screw up her description of France or put randomly grammatically incorrect French sentences everywhere. Please, don't do that to me, you're one of my favorite author...
I also don't want to see one of the following french stereotypes in that book : croissants (As a French, I basically eat croissants one time a year, and it's in foreign bed and breakfast, and because t
Zoe  (BookswithDaggers)
May 22, 2019 marked it as to-read
Wow look at that cover.... can I have it now please?
Anna-Marie McLemore was born in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and taught by her family to hear la llorona in the Santa Ana winds. Her debut novel THE WEIGHT OF FEATHERS was a Junior Library Guild Selection, a YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults book, and a finalist for the William C. Morris Debut Award. Her second novel, WHEN THE MOON WAS OURS, was longlisted for the National Book Awa ...more