Start by marking “Let Me Show You (True-Blue, #1)” as Want to Read:
Let Me Show You (True-Blue, #1)

Let Me Show You

(True-Blue #1)

When a veterinarian and a construction worker connect, it takes mishaps, mistakes, and a Rhodesian Ridgeback named Rex to show them they’re made for each other.

Dr. Carter Falon is content living a quiet life in a small town caring for his animal patients. That doesn't mean he's not looking for a distraction. After finding himself precariously wedged… naked and at the
Published May 18th 2019 by Rainbow Tree Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Let Me Show You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let Me Show You

Start your review of Let Me Show You (True-Blue, #1)
☆ Todd
Sep 07, 2019 rated it liked it

I liked both MC's well enough, but there were just kind of "there". I never got to that point that I was so wrapped up in them that I couldn't breathe if they didn't happen to get their HEA.

Once they got started, the book had a decent bit of steam, which began a little sooner than I would've preferred.
However, I wish that some of those sexed-up pages had instead been dedicated to seeing specific situations where they spent quality time together growing their feelings.

I would've liked for the
Lyn
Audio 4.5 stars
Story 3.5 lovey dovey stars

The good about this story is that these guys are incredibly sweet together.

The not so good is that relationship development is done through time jumps (days and weeks).

The disappointing was that there was a lot of telling instead of showing. Especially when it came to the drama, so it made it all seemed contrived.

All that said, I'm not turned off to the series....yet.
Cadiva
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5*

My first book from this author and lots of promise shown in a very solid romance with plenty of feels.

There's a really quirky meet/cute in this which had me smiling and that just carried on throughout the book as Carter and Tanner fell in love.

There's not much angst, my only criticism - and it's a small one - is that the set-up for the "bad guy" was a tad abrupt. Especially considering, as I'd figured, he's going to be one of the MCs in the second book in the series.

Him behaving like a
Meep
Jan 25, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, promo-deals
I wanted light, was promised a cute dog. Struggled to get to 33% noticed I was skim reading in order to meet the dog, skimmed to 48% and briefly met the dog - sort of, then gave up. Don't care. Sorry pooch you're not enough of a draw.

There's a whole info-dumpy feel to setting up, the premise and intros, clear who the next book will star before both main characters of this book have been introduced. Seemed lots of baby stuff, then baby and 'brother' are completely forgotten. Not sure how a vet
MoodyJess
Dec 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Let me show you by Becca Seymour was an enjoyable read.
It was very light and had very little tension which I normally like but this time around I felt like it was lacking some action and animosity. Not necessarily between our two man dudes, Tanner and Carter, but with those jerk’s nobody has control over.
The story’s peak wasn’t really a peak at all.
While I’m happy it ended up all rainbows and butterflies (pun intended), I wanted something more.
BRING ON THE DRAMA!
Not enough to turn me off
namericanwordcat
I really adored Carter and Tanner together. The book opens with a funny cute meet but the start of their relationship is delayed a bit and the build up and flirt is well done.

There is banter here folds and a connection that elevates this romance for me. The opposites attract is done well and we really get to see the work life of both heroes which shapes who they are. They have full lives outside their careers. Carter has amazing parents and the meet the family moment is wonderful. Tanner has a
Joyfully Jay
May 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: sue
A Joyfully Jay review.

Let Me Show You is a sweet, but rather ordinary, everyday romance between two men from different backgrounds. The writing is strong enough and while the pacing is a tad slow, the story has a smooth, relative easiness to it that I appreciated. There are no huge dramas here. Instead, we see the romance between Tanner and Scott evolve naturally and with a casual sweetness that seems to suit both main characters. Tanner and Scott aren’t fully dimensional though and
Steven
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a pleasant surprise! As is often the case in romance stories, love sneaks up on those when they least expect it (or think they need it).

A veterinarian. A contractor. A ramshackle house. I’m pretty sure you can guess where this leads but the journey is, by turns, sweet, hot, funny, and utterly romantic. There’s some interesting development with secondary characters that promises to be spotlighted in future books that could catch the reader by surprise. But I enjoyed this installment and
InD'tale Magazine
3.5/5.0

Throw two very sexy men together and you're bound to get some fireworks. This is what Becca Seymour delivers in her novel.

Read full review in the 2019 May issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Nikki
Jan 30, 2020 rated it did not like it
Is it necessary to hammer home the point that your character is gay with stupid shit like “i like men & if I saw a vagina, I’d gag and run screaming.” Stupid statement for a few reasons. And authors insulting vaginas just to make sure we know their character is the gayest gay who ever gayed is my pet peeve. Fuck this book.
Mike Cullen
Jul 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2019
Let Me Show You by Becca Seymour is a nice gay romance about a contractor and a vet. The two main characters were enjoyable to read about and I really enjoyed the fact the book wasn't full of angst and drama.

My only concern was the fact it was told in the first person. It's a very difficult task to write two characters in first-person perspective. The only difference in the two voices was one of the characters swears a lot and the other doesn't swear unless he's horny.

Let Me Show You is an easy
Coco.V
Jan 21, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (1/21/2020)! ...more
Jay
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-romance, kebb
Quite simply put Let Me Show You by Becca Seymour is low key and drama free with an intense passion that builds slowly over time. Of course, the requisite bad guy is thrown in to shake things up a bit but even that has an emotional twist that pulls at you.

Veterinarian Carter Falon’s late grandfather left him his house in the small town of Kirkby that uproots this gay city boy to a town of about eight thousand. Crazy right? On top of that, his grandfather’s house needs extensive work before it
Veronica
May 15, 2019 rated it liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Carter is a Vet and hires carpenter Tanner to do renovations on his home. This is a sweet romance and a bit hot too. I loved seeing love stories between regular guys so I really enjoyed their romance and the build up to them getting together.

The one issue I had with the story is once the guys got together there wasn’t a lot else happening and the story kind of petered out. The only other drama comes from Carter dealing with
Suzun
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
It’s not bad but

It’s not great either. I like the characters but the story kind of lurches forward in places and there’s not enough depth on the important stuff. The synopsis made a big deal about the dog like he’d be a part of the story but he’s totally not. One guy got a dog and they took it to the park once...,that’s it. The renovations also get blown off. It shoulda said a vet gets crap at work for being gay but no one else in the entire town cares. It was just kind of disjointed. The two
JD Crittendon
Jun 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Carter & Tanner Sitting In a Tree....KISSING‼

A very sweet romantic romp between ”Naked Boy” Carter & Contractor Tanner. Low angst, likable MCs, and a not so subtle lead in to the next book. Just a simple likable story.
Lillian Francis
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
An easy and uncomplicated read and just what I needed to counteract the other books I have going at the moment.

If you're looking for a sweet, feelgood read, this one's for you.
E.
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it

“Let Me Show You” by Becca Seymour spotlights veterinarian Carter Falon, who is renovating the house he inherited from his grandfather, and Tanner Grady, who has uprooted his life to support his best friend who has become a single dad. A memorable first meeting gradually develops into a sizzling relationship, but it seems that life in the small town of Kirkby may not be as peaceful as they would like.

This contemporary gay romance is a sweet celebration of multiple facets of love—
Kim
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’ve read this author before. This is a mm contemporary story with Carter and Tanner as they main characters. Both new to a small town in USA they find love with one another. Loved these characters, a vet and a handyman/ construction worker. Off to re read book 2. I would recommend reading this series in order.
cmbookdiva
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own-it, freebie
This started off slow but boy did it pick up and up and up. Loved it! Now on to Davis’s story.
Valerie
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is one of the cute meet books where Carter, who inherited an old house, contracted Tanner to help fix up the place. Even from the beginning, you see both men care about others around them. Carter is a vet and Tanner moved so he could help his best friend take care of his daughter. There was really little to no conflict in the story, other than a problem with Carter's boss, but as soon as the two men got together, there was a bit of a lag at the end. Overall, a solid read with great ...more
Anabela.M.
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jenny Wood
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
First, we have Tanner, who inherited a house from a grandfather that he wasn’t particularly close with. It needed a lot of work and as a veterinarian, he knew he needed to hire a professional to get it into shape. That’s where he meets Carter.

Carter had recently moved to the small town to follow his best friend who was more like a brother and baby niece. Hot guys with babies? My kinda story, though we don’t really see too much baby time, it was still admirable and I loved the relationship he
Kathryn Manzella
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let Me Show You by Becca Seymour is a contemporary M/M romance that takes place in a small town between a veterinarian and a construction worker. It's hot, sweet and fun. I love Carter and Tanner together and really enjoyed their interactions. The secondary characters were also entertaining. Highly satisfying with this read.

I received an advanced reader's copy of the book and I am voluntarily leaving my honest review and recommendation.
Dixiecowgirl
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet and fun read with humor, heat and heart. This is a low angst read with just a little conflict. The MC's are both really great guys and their initial meeting will be memorable and make you smile. I enjoyed several of the supporting characters and loved how they added to the story. I so enjoyed the fun a special dog brought to their lives.

Carter and Tanner have such a genuine connection that you can fell them connect as friends and as lovers. I loved how they interacted and how special
Angie
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy to read and review for Wicked Reads

This is a sweet love story between Carter and Tanner. There were lots of pages without dialogue, that is a huge pet peeve of mine, but I still enjoyed the story. There wasn't much angst, except for a little bit with Carter's co-worker Scott. The angst and drama with Scott was wrapped up too fast and too nice for my liking. I would have liked more information on why he was such a jerkface. Carter and Tanner were great together, but the
Earlyn
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tanner and Carter

Wonderful love story. Tanner is a contractor and Carter has a house needing help. The meeting was somewhat comical as Carter fell through his steps naked when he first meets Tanner.
They had a connection and embraced the relationship. We follow them to their HEA.. just a nice story of falling in love and working on a relationship.
Alex
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
New author for me but I really loved this cute story! Can’t wait to read the next one!
Karolina Cebula
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbt, in-english
Review in English and Polish || Recenzja po angielsku i polsku

Six months have passed since Carter Falon, a young, single veterinarian, moved into a house he inherited from his grandfather. The man finally decided to renovate the decaying building, and for this purpose he contacted an independent construction worker, Tanner Grady. Just like Carter, Tanner has recently moved to the small town to help his brother and friend take care of his newly born daughter, so the opportunity to get a job that
Debbie
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book.

Carter finds himself stuck, and naked, when construction worker, Tanner comes to price up some renovations on his home. Tanner immediately takes a shine to the sexy but very shy vet. When Carter has problems at work, and when they go out, Tanner goes all alpha-male-MINE on Carter, and Carter thinks FINALLY! Tanner’s best friend needs him though, it’s why he moved to town. Can Tanner commit to Carter the way Carter
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Today (Single Dads #2)
  • Promise (Single Dads #3)
  • Yours For The Holiday
  • Single (Single Dads #1)
  • Top Shelf (Seacroft, #1)
  • Above and Beyond (Twist of Fate #4)
  • Mismatched (Matchmakers, #1)
  • Five Fake Dates
  • Always the Groomsman
  • Life According to Liam
  • Heart2Heart: A Charity Anthology, Volume 3
  • The Pearl (The Pearl Trilogy, #1-3)
  • Alpha Barman (J.T's Bar #1)
  • Dads With Benefits (Fairview Single Dads, #1)
  • Crashing Upwards
  • Endless Stretch of Blue
  • Ship Work (Valentine's Inc. Cruises, #1)
  • Shipping the Captain (Valentine's Inc. Cruises, #6)
Becca Seymour lives and breathes all things book related. Usually with at least three books being read and two WiPs being written at the same time, life is merrily hectic. She tends to do nothing by halves so happily seeks the craziness and busyness life offers.

Living on her small property in Queensland with her human family as well as her animal family of cows, chooks, and dogs, Becca

True-Blue (3 books)
  • I've Got You (True-Blue, #2)
  • Becoming Us (True-Blue #2.5)